back to vdj script
Verbs of Vdjscript in Virtualdj 8
page 1 page 2
Verbs of Vdjscript in Virtualdj 8
- beat_juggle : alternatively jumps one beat forward and backward. 'beat_juggle 0.5' will jump 1/2 beat forward or backward
- beatjump_pad : execute 'goto +x' where x depends on the pad number and the beatjump_page
- beatjump_page : change the offset of the jumps in beatjump_pad actions
- clone_deck : clone the deck (Load the same song on the other deck, and play it from the same position, ready for beat-juggling).
- clone_from_deck : clone from the other deck (Load the song from the other deck, and play it from the same position, ready for beat-juggling).
- dump : reverse the playback direction while dump is active, then when deactivated, start again forward from where the song should have been if it had been playing forward during the dump.
- goto : change the position in the song. 'goto +10ms' jumps 10ms forward. 'goto -4' jumps 4 beats backward. 'goto 20%' goes at 20% of the song's length. 'goto "loopsize+"' will jump forward the size of the default loop. 'goto "loopsize-" will jump back the size of the default loop.
- goto_bar : put the song on its nth beat after the downbeat without loosing sync: 'goto_bar 4'
- goto_first_beat : automatically goes to the first beat in the song.
- goto_start : go to the start of the song.
- mixermode : return true if internal mixer used (Master output available), false if external mixer used. Parameter can also be explicit: mixermode "internal" or mixermode "external"
- reverse : play the song backward
- seek : move into the song while the button is pressed. 'seek +2' moves beat by beat, skipping 2 beats every 10ms. 'seek +420ms' moves from 420ms every 10ms. Using skip with a beat number keep the song playing correctly while moving inside.
- song_pos : position in the song. (The difference between song_pos and goto is that song_pos can be used as a slider).
- songpos_remain : get the remaining time in %. If used with a parameter (In % or ms), returns true if the time left is less or equal than the value: 'songpos_remain 500ms ? Blink'.
- swap_decks : swap decks 1 and 2. You can swap other decks by referencing the two deck numbers 'swap_decks 1 3 '.
- blink_play : blinking fast when less than 10 seconds remaining, blinking slow when less than 30 seconds remaining, off otherwise. 'blink_play on' is similar, but is on when the song is paused, and only off if no song is loaded or the loaded song has an error
- deck_options : show a context menu to select the behavior of the play and cue buttons, the various smart modes, and pitch options
- pause : pause the deck.
- pause_stop : if playing, pause the deck. If stopped, rewind to beginning of the song, then cycle through all cue points each time pressed.
- play : start the deck.
- play_button : depending on the play_mode, act like play_stutter (Numark way) Or play_pause (Pioneer way). (Synonym for play_3button)
- play_options : show a context menu to select the behavior of the play and cue buttons, and the various smart modes
- play_pause : if paused, start the deck. If playing, pause the deck.
- play_stutter : if paused, start the deck. If playing, restart from last stutter point.
- stop : stop to the last cue point, then on second press to the beginning of the song, then cycle through the cue points.
- stop_button : depending on the play_mode, act like pause_stop (Numark way) Or stop (Pioneer way). (Synonym for stop_3button)
- djc_mic :
- linein : activate or deactivate the linein on this deck. You can also specify a linein number to assign another linein: "deck 1 linein 2 on". Or you can assign the microphone input: "deck 3 linein 'mic' on".
- linein_rec : record the linein input on this deck.
- mic : activate or deactivate the microphone input (Synonym for microphone)
- mic_eq_high :
- mic_eq_ mid :
- mic_eq_ low :
- mic_rec : record the microphone input on this deck
- mic_talkover : lowers the levels of all decks and activates the microphone. Use 'mic_talkover while_pressed' to have the mic active only with the button held. Use mic_talkover 20% 1000ms to lowver the deck volumes to 20% over 1 second ( Default values are 30% 400ms )
- get_slip_active :
- get_slip_time : get the time where the song will be when slip mode is de-activated in milliseconds. Alternatively, use 'get_slip_time "min"', 'get_slip_time "sec"' and 'get_slip_time "msec"',
- hold : 'hold on' or 'hold off' (Or 'hold toggle') To stop the disc for scratching, or release it. (Synonym for scratch_hold)
- jogwheel : used for a jogwheel without touch sensitivity. 'jogwheel +1.0' means a full rotation of the wheel. (Synonym for jog_wheel and jog)
- motorwheel : used for a motorized jogwheel. Each time the jogwheel moves, send 'motorwheel "move" +1.0' followed by 'motorwheel "timestamp" 1000.0'. 'move +1.0' means a full platter rotation. 'timestamp 1.0' means 1ms since last message. You should query 'motorwheel' and turn the motor on when it returns true and off when false.
- nudge : 'nudge +120ms' to nudge the song 120ms forward (Using mastertempo if it's activated).
- scratch : 'scratch +120ms' to scratch 120ms forward.
- scratch_dna : execute a scratch defined by it's dna signature.
- scratch_dna_editor : open a visual editor to compose scratch dna signatures.
- scratch_dna_option: set some options about the scratch dna behavior, options are "drymix" and "quantized"
- slip : activate or deactivate a global slip mode, that will save the position on "slip on" and resume where it should have been if untouched on "slip off", letting you do any scratch/loop/effect/etc in between
- slip_mode : activate or deactivate the slip mode. While in slip mode, the loops, hotcues and scratch actions will have a temporary effect
- speedwheel : used for a precision touchwheel that reports both position and speed. 'speedwheel +1.0 1.5' means a full rotation of the wheel, at 150% speed.
- touchwheel : used for a jogwheel with touch sensitivity. 'touchwheel +1.0' means a full rotation of the wheel. (Synonym for scratch_wheel and scratchwheel)
- touchwheel_touch : use when the touchwheel is touched, to hold the song and start to scratch. (Synonym for scratch_wheel_touch and scratchwheel_touch and speedwheel_touch)
- vinyl_mode : set the jogwheel in vinyl mode (With scratch), or in cd mode (With pitchbend). 1 is vinyl mode (Default), 0 is cd mode.
- wheel_mode : change the mode of the jogwheel between: "jog", "search", "loop_move", "loop_out", "loop_in", "browser", or use +1 and -1 to cycle through all modes. You can select from a subset using a syntax like 'wheel_mode "loop_move,loop_in,loop_out" +1'.
- auto_crossfade : automatically crossfade to the other deck. You can specify the duration of the crossfade in ms: 'auto_crossfade 2000ms'. Assigned to a slider, or specifying a specific position, it will move the crossfader slowly to that position: 'auto_crossfade 50%' or 'auto_crossfade 1000ms 50%' (Synonym for auto_crossfader)
- booth_volume : set booth volume
- crossfader : move the crossfader. Crossfader 0% will only let the left deck out, crossfader 100% will only let the right deck out. (Synonym for crossfader_slider)
- crossfader_curve : select the curve of the crossfader. Enter a value to adjust the slope from a x curve (0%) To a inverted-u curve (100%). You can also specify common curves by name ("smooth", "full", "scratch", "cut"). Or you can draw your own curve, using a syntax like 'crossfader_curve "0=[1,0]/0.5=[1,1]/1=[0,1]"'.
- crossfader_disable : disable the crossfader
- crossfader_hamster : invert the crossfader.
- fake_eq : tell virtualdj not to apply the equalizer to the sound output
- fake_filter : tell virtualdj not to apply filter to sound output
- fake_gain : tell virtualdj not to apply gain to the sound output
- fake_hp : tell virtualdj not to apply headphone volume to headphone sound output
- fake_master : tell virtualdj not to apply master volume to master sound output
- fake_mixer : tell virtualdj not to apply the volumes to the sound output
- gain : set the gain of a deck (Synonym for power_gain and gain_slider)
- gain_relative : change the gain, relative to the software gain position
- get_level : get level of signal before master volume. If no deck is specified will get master level. Use "get_level 'mic'" for microphone level, or "get_level 'sampler'" for sampler level
- get_level_left : get level of left channel before master volume. If no deck is specified will get master level.
- get_level_left_peak : get peak level of left channel before master volume. If no deck is specified will get master peak level.
- get_level_peak : get peak level of signal before master volume. If no deck is specified will get master peak level.
- get_level_right : get level of right channel before master volume. If no deck is specified will get master level.
- get_level_right_peak : get peak level of left channel before master volume. If no deck is specified will get master peak level.
- get_limiter : return true if the limiter is compressing because the signal was saturated. Use 'deck 1 get limiter' to get the limiter on a deck in external mixer mode, or 'get limiter' (Or 'get limiter "master") To get the limiter on the master for internal mixing mode (Also can use 'get limiter "headphones"' and 'get limiter "booth"')
- get_vu_meter : get level of signal after master volume. If no deck is specified will get master level. Use "get_vu_meter 'mic'" for microphone level
- get_vu_meter_left : get level of left channel after master volume. If no deck is specified will get master level.
- get_vu_meter_left_peak : get peak level of left channel after master volume. If no deck is specified will get master peak level.
- get_vu_meter_peak : get peak level of signal after master volume. If no deck is specified will get master peak level.
- get_vu_meter_right : get level of right channel after master volume. If no deck is specified will get master level.
- get_vu_meter_right_peak : get peak level of right channel after master volume. If no deck is specified will get master peak level.
- headphone_crossfader : change the pfl fader (0% is only the left deck, 100% is only the right deck).
- headphone_gain : change the gain of the pfl output (From -30db to +30db)
- headphone_mix : change the mix of the pfl (0% is only the cued deck, 100% is the master output).
- headphone_volume : set cue volume
- is_audible : active if the deck is playing and volume is up (On-air)
- level : set the volume of the deck. (Synonym for volume and volume_slider and level_slider)
- levelfader_curve : select the curve of the level faders. 0% is a linear curve, 50% (Default) Is a quadratic curve, 100% is a cubic curve (Synonym for fader_curve)
- master_balance : change the left/right balance on the master output.
- master_volume : set master volume.
- mic2_volume : set the volume of the second microphone.
- mic_volume : set the volume of the microphone.
- mono_mix : mix the left and right channels together for all outputs.
- mute : mute a specific deck
- set_gain : set the gain in order to bring the song to the specified dba (With 0dba being the maximum level output by the soundcard without compression): 'set_gain 0'
- automix : start or stop automatic playlist mixing
- automix_add_next : add the songs selected in the broweser to the automix playlist right after the song currently playing.
If a song in the automix list is selected and automix is active, move it to after the currently playing song.
- automix_dualdeck : enable or disable automix using both decks
- automix_editor : open the automix editor, and fine-tune the automix transitions for every songs in your playlist
- automix_skip : when automix is active, skip the current song and mix to the next one
- create_virtualfolder_from_playlist : save the playlist in a virtual folder.
- get_automix_song : get a property from the next song in automix: "get automix_song 'title'". Get_automix_song can have number as last parameter to show 2nd, 3th etc... Upcoming songs
- get_playlist_time : gets how much time is left before the end of the automix playlist
- mix_and_load_next : automatically mix to the next deck, then stop the current track and load a new song if something is available in the playlist or sidelist
- mix_next : if the non-playing deck has a song loaded that has already been played, load a new one from the playlist. Then smoothly crossfade from the playing deck to the other, using beatsync if appropriate
- mix_next_sidelist : if the non-playing deck has a song loaded that has already been played, load a new one from the sidelist. Then smoothly crossfade from the playing deck to the other, using beatsync if appropriate
- mix_now : smoothly crossfade from one side to the other, using beatsync if both songs have enough beat
- mix_now_nosync : smoothly crossfade from one side to the other
- mix_selected : when automix is active, mix to the song currently selected
- playlist_add : add to the playlist the songs selected in the browser.
- playlist_clear : empty the playlist.
- playlist_load_and_keep : load the first song in the playlist on the deck, but keep it in the playlist.
- playlist_load_and_remove : load the first song in the playlist on the deck, and remove it from the playlist.
- playlist_options : display a drop-down with the list of options for the playlist.
- playlist_randomize : shuffle the order of the songs in the playlist.
- playlist_randomize_once : shuffle the order of the songs in the playlist once.
- playlist_remove_duplicates : remove duplicate songs from the playlist.
- playlist_remove_played : remove from the playlist all the songs that have already been played since the software was launched.
- playlist_repeat : repeat (Or stop to repeat) The playlist while automixing.
- playlist_save : save the playlist in a file.
- relay_play : enable or disable the decks to automatically start playing when the opposite deck reached its end
- switch_sidelist_playlist : exchange the content of the playlist and the sidelist.
- add_favoritefolder : make the selected folder a favorite folder (Monitored folders).
- add_filterfolder : create a new filter folder.
- add_virtualfolder : create a new virtual folder (Unmonitored folder).
- browsed_file_analyze : reanalyze the current file selected in the browser
- browsed_file_color : set the color of the file currently selected in the browser. Example: browsed_file_color "red". Use browsed_file_color "reset" to clear the color and set the color back to default
- browsed_file_info : open the tag editor for the browsed song.
- browsed_file_rename : rename the current file selected in the browser
- browsed_file_reveal : open the os file manager to the browsed song
- browser_enter : if focus is on songs, load the selected song. If focus is on folders, change focus to songs.
- browser_export : export the current list of files to a csv or html file
- browser_folder : if focus is on songs, change focus to folders. If focus is on folders, open or close the subfolders of the selected folder.
- browser_gotofolder : 'browser_gotofolder' goes to the folder containing the current file. . 'browser_gotofolder "/my_path/my_folder"' goes to the specified folder. . 'browser_gotofolder 4' goes to the fourth virtual/favorite folder.
- browser_isactive : return true when the browser was used by a controller in the past 6 seconds
- browser_move : browser_move +1 : moves the currently selected song in a playlist down. Browser_move 'top' or browser_move 'bottom' : moves the selected song to the top or the bottom of the list
- browser_options : show the context menu about the browser filters, root folders, database, etc
- browser_remove : remove the selected song from playlist
- browser_scroll : scroll through the songs or folders. 'browser_scroll +1' or 'browser_scroll -1' to scroll one line, or "browser_scroll 'top'", "browser_scroll 'bottom'" to scroll to the beginning or end
- browser_sort : sort the browser files on the specified column: 'browser_sort "artist"', 'browser_sort "lastplay"',... To sort in descending order, add a - in front of the column name: 'browser_sort "-bpm"'. To explicitly sort in ascending order, add a + in front of the column name: 'browser_sort "+bpm"'. To reset the sort order of a playlist to it's original order, use 'browser_sort "original sort order"'
- browser_window : change the active browser zone. "browser_window 'folders'", "browser_window 'songs'", "browser_window 'sideview'", or "browser_window 'automix'", "browser_window 'sidelist'", "browser_window 'sampler'". Cycle through available browser zones. "browser_window +1", "browser_window -1". Cycle through specified zones. Example "browser_window 'folders,songs'"
- browser_zoom :
- clear_search : clear the search string
- edit_comment : open a window to edit the comment on the selected track.
- edit_search : put the keyboard focus in the search zone but keep the actual search string.
- edit_singer : pops up the dialog to change the singer of the currently selected song in the karaoke list
- file_count : get number of files currently shown in browser
- file_info : open the tag editor for the specified or loaded song.
- font_size : change browser font size. Example: font_size +1
- goto_last_folder : go back to the last browsed folder
- grid_view : put the browser in grid-view mode, optimized for touch screens
- info_options : show the context menu about the info panel fields and prelisten behavior (Synonym for infos_options)
- karaoke_add : add the songs selected in the browser to the karaoke list
- karaoke_load : load the folder or playlist selected in the browser in the karaoke list. Use "karaoke_load 'append'" to add the selected folder to the karaoke list instead of replacing the existing karaoke
- load : load the selected song on the deck. You can also specify a fullpath to load 'load "path_to_my_song"'.
- load_next : load the next track
- load_deck_set : reload a previously saved deck_set file
- load_pulse : return a brief false then true again when a new song is loaded
- load_pulse_active : return true when a new song becomes audiable for the specified duration. Can be delayed using second parameter. 'load_pulse_active 1000ms 5000ms' will return true for 1 second, 5 seconds after a new song becomes audiable.
- loaded : return true if a song is loaded on the deck
- log_search : log the current search in the searchlog.Txt file, so you can easily search for your failed requests once the gig is over.
- not_played : don't mark the song on this deck as 'played'.
- page : deprecated.
- playlist_load : load the folder or playlist selected in the browser in the playlist. Use "playlist_load 'append'" to add the selected folder to the playlist instead of replacing the existing playlist
- rating : get or set the rating for the current song
- recurse_folder : display the content of both the selected folder and all its subfolders in the browser list.
- save_deck_set : save the current configuration (Which song is loaded on which deck) In a file
- search : put the keyboard focus on the search zone, or, if a text parameter is specified, search for this text.
- search_options : popup the list of search options. To set one directly, you can use 'search_options "composer" toggle' etc...
- set_browsed_file_bpm : set the bpm of the selected songs to the set value: 'set_bpm 129.3', or relative to the actual value: 'set_bpm 50%'
- sidelist_add : add the songs selected in the browser to the sidelist
- sidelist_clear : clear the sidelist.
- sidelist_load : load the folder or playlist selected in the browser in the sidelist. Use "sidelist_load 'append'" to add the selected folder to the sidelist instead of replacing the existing sidelist
- sidelist_load_and_keep : load the first song from the sidelist.
- sidelist_load_and_remove : load the first song from the sidelist, and remove it from the sidelist.
- sideview : show a specific folder in the sideview. Available sideviews are automix,sidelist,karaoke,sampler,clone. Use 'sideview +1' or 'sideview -1' to scroll between available sideviews
- sideview_options : show the context menu to add or remove folders shortcuts to the sideview
- sideview_title : show the title of the folder selected in sideview
- sideview_triggerpad : set the sideview sampler in triggerpad mode or in list mode
- undo_load : unload the song and reload the previous song
- unload : unload the song from the deck.
- view_options : popup the list of view options. To set one directly, you can use 'view_options "showkaraoke" on' etc...
- virtualfolder_add : add the currently selected songs in the browser to the specified virtual folder. 'virtualfolder_add "my_vfolder"'
- apply_audio_config :
- auto_cue : set the auto_cue mode: "off", "on", "always".
- fader_start : enable or disable fader start
- get_lemode : return true if we are running a limitededition
- play_mode : set the mode for play/stop/cue buttons: 'play_mode "numark"', or 'play_mode "pioneer"'.
- quantize_loop : when quantize_loop is activated, loops automatically align according to the globalquantize setting
- quantize_setcue : when quantize_setcue is activated, setting cues automatically align according to the globalquantize setting
- save_config : save your config changes now (Usually changes are saved automatically when you close virtualdj) (Synonym for saveregistryconfig)
- setting : read or write a specific setting (See config window for the list of all settings names). Example: setting "jogsensitivityscratch" 80% . Example: setting "videorandomtransition" on
- settings : open the configuration window. You can specify which section of configuration 'settings "controllers" ' (Synonym for config)
- smart_cue : when smart_cue is activated, songs are automagically re-synchronized when jumped to a new position or cue.
- smart_loop : when smart_loop is activated, loop are automagically adjusted to sound perfect.
- smart_play : when smart_play is activated, songs are automagically synchronized when played.
- smart_scratch : when smart_scratch is activated, backward scratching is automatically muted, only forward scratching will be heard.
- action_deck : return true if the button calling this action is on the specified deck: 'action_deck 1 ? Actiona : actionb'
- assign_controller : assign a specific controller to this deck. . 'deck 1 assign_controller "cdj400" 2' assigns the second cdj400 to deck 1. Or in a controller mapping 'deck 1 assign_controller' will assign the controller the action was executed from to deck 1.
- denon_platter :
- controller_mapping : assign a mapping to a controller. 'contoller_mapping "my mapping" ' assigns the mapping 'my mapping' to the controller the command was executed on.
'controller_mapping "cdj400" "my mapping" ' assigns the mapping "my mapping" to all cdj400s.
'controller_mapping "cdj400" "my mappping" 2' assigns the mapping to the second cdj400
- device_side : assign a different action for a button or slider of a device depending on which side of the device it is on: "device_side 'left' ? Action_for_left : action_for_right". For more than 2-deck controllers, you can use "device_side 1 ? Action1 : device_side 2 ? Action2 ? Device_side 3 ? Action3 : etc..."
- display_time : set the mode to display time: "total", "remain", "elapsed", +1 or -1.
- djc_button :
- djc_button_popup :
- djc_button_select :
- djc_button_slider :
- djc_panel :
- djc_shift :
- effect_fxsendreturndeck :
- effect_fxsendreturnenable :
- gemini_waveform_zoomlevel :
- get_controller_name : return the name(S) Of the controller(S) Assigned to this deck
- get_denon_cuepoints : 'get_denon_cuepoints 100' for a led bar with 100 leds. Number must match the number of leds in the led bar in the definition.
- get_denon_platter :
- get_display : get some text to display. Depending on the latest action, it can be the name of an effect, the folder being browsed, the title of the current song, etc... For multiline displays, you can add the line number: "get display 1", "get display 2".
- get_gemini_display :
- get_gemini_waveform :
- get_ns7_platter :
- get_numark_songpos :
- get_numark_waveform :
- get_pioneer_display :
- get_pioneer_loop_display :
- get_rotation_cue : get the angle of the cue point on the disc
- get_rotation_slip : get the angle of the slip point on the disc when slip is active, or regular get_rotation otherwise
- invert_controllers : invert the deck of the controllers
- menu : display a menu on the controller's screen, that allows to change the behaviour of the menu_buttons. You can navigate through the menu using the browser_scroll action'.
- menu_button : defines a button whose behaviour can be changed by a menu. Syntax: 'menu_button 1 "hotcue,sampler,effect,loop"'.
- mixer_order : for controllers with 4 decks, specify the order of the decks, from left to right. Default: "mixer_order 3124"
- motor_switch : assign this deck to be controlled by the motorized wheel
- motorwheel_instant_play : when set to on, the song will start instantly, bypassing the ramp up time the motor takes to reach its full rotation speed (The drawback is that then you cannot hold the disc still when your start the motor)
- ns7_platter :
- numark_waveform_zoom : set numark waveform zoom (Value from 0 to 3, or +1, -1 to step through zoom levels)
- pioneer_cue : on when playing or paused on cue, blinking when paused and not on cue, off when no track loaded
- pioneer_play : on when playing, off when no track loaded, blinking when paused or playing with cue stutter
- refresh_controller : refresh the display of the specified controller (Or all if none specified).
- reinit_controller : reinit the specified controller (Or all if none specified), going through the exit and init sequences (You can specify a delay between exit and init: "reinit_controllers 'mycontroller' 200ms".
- rescan_controllers : rescan for newly connected controllers.
- shift : set or query the built-in shift variable, used for controllers
- show_text : show text on controller display. (If your controller uses get_display for the displays). "show_text 'line 1|line 2' 3000ms" will show 2 lines of text for 3 seconds (Time optional, | separates lines). "show_text '$myvar$'" shows the contents of the variable $myvar
- v7_status :
- cue : if playing, go to the last cue point and continue playing. If paused, set the current position as cue point, and preview the cue as long as pressed. If in loop, change loop_in to the cue point but keep the loop's length. You can specify a number ('cue 1', 'cue 57') To work with several cues.
- cue_button : act like cue_stop, cue_play or cue_cup depending on the cuemode setting (Synonym for cue_3button)
- cue_color : query or set the color of a cue point. Query example: cue_color 1. Set example: cue_color 1 'yellow'
- cue_countdown : count down to the next cue (Or track end) In beats
- cue_countup : count up from the last cue (Or track start) In beats
- cue_cup : if playing, rewind to the last cue point, and start again on release. If paused, set the current position as cue point.
- cue_display :
- cue_loop : jump to a cue and stay in a loop. Use cue_loop_temporary to select if loop is temporary, or stays until pressed again. Respects smart_cue when jumping to the cue
- cue_loop_autosync :
- cue_loop_hold : toggle cue_loop between looping while pressed and turn loop on/off
- cue_name : "cue_name 1" returns the name of cue point #1, or changes the cue point when pressed
- cue_play : if playing, pause and go to the last cue point. If paused, set the current position as cue point, and preview the cue as long as pressed. If you kept pressed more than 2s (Or the time specified), it will continue playing once you release. Syntax: 'cue_play 1 1000ms'
- cue_pos : "cue_pos 1" returns the position of cue point #1 as a percentage
- cue_select : select the nth cue point as default cue point for cue, hotcue, etc.. Actions. Does not change position to the selected cue point.
- cue_stop : if playing, pause and go to the last cue point. If paused, set the current position as cue point, and preview the cue as long as pressed. You can specify a number ('cue_stop 1', 'cue_stop 57') To work with several cues.
- delete_cue : deletes a stored cue point. If no cue number is specified, it will delete the currently active cue point
- get_cue : returns the currently active cue, or 0 if no cue point is active
- goto_cue : go to the specified cue. Example "goto_cue 1", "goto_cue +1", "goto_cue -1". "goto_cue" will jump to the currently selected/last used cue.
- has_cue : returns true if the specified cue number is set
- hot_cue : if no cue point is set, or if 'cue', 'cue_stop' or 'cue_play' is pressed, set one at the current position. Otherwise go to the cue point and start or continue playing. If in loop, set the cue point as new loop_in but keep loop_length. You can specify a number ('hot_cue 1', 'hot_cue 57') To work with several cues. (Synonym for hotcue)
- lock_cues : lock/unlock the cues for this particular song, so that cue actions cannot inadvertently modify them while you're playing
- set_cue : store the current position in the cue. If one parameter is given, it's the number of the cue to use. If two parameters are given, the second is the position to store, in ms, in beats, or in percentage of the song length.
- shift_all_cues : shift all the cues of the song from the given amount (Can be used to fix the cues from v7 imported files in case the automatic fix didn't work properly): 'shift_all_cues -10ms'
- cross_assign : assign this deck to a side of the crossfader: "deck 3 cross_assign 'left'" or "deck 3 cross_assign 'thru'"
- get_deck_color : return blue or red if the deck is the left deck or right deck (And gray otherwise). Can be used with a darkness modifier: 'get_deck_color 50%'. Use 'get_deck_color "absolute"' or 'get_deck_color "absolute" 50%' to get a color based on actual deck rather than left/right (Red for deck 1, blue for deck 2, orange for deck 3, green for deck 4)
- invert_deck : switch leftdeck between deck 1 and deck 3 or rightdeck between deck 2 and deck 4. "invert_deck" to swap the calling deck, or "invert_deck 'left'", "invert_deck 'right'" to specifically switch left or right deck
- leftcross : assign this deck to the left of the crossfader: "deck 3 leftcross". "deck 3 leftcross 'only'" to assign only deck 3 to left of the crossfader. "leftcross 'none'" to disable the left crossfader
- leftdeck : select this deck to be the left deck: "deck 3 leftdeck" or "leftdeck +1"
- masterdeck : select/unselect this deck as 'master deck'. When a master deck is set, all synchronization operations will take the master deck as reference. (For skins with more than 2 decks)
- masterdeck_auto : remove the masterdeck selection and put back automatic masterdeck behavior
- pfl : select if this deck is sent to the headphones. (Can be used with a slider or a % to specify the volume: 'pfl 75%')
- rightcross : assign this deck to the right of the crossfader: "deck 3 rightcross"
- rightdeck : select this deck to be the right deck: "deck 3 rightdeck" or "rightdeck +1"
- select : select this deck as 'working deck'. The beat of the working deck will be shown in front in the display, and shortcuts and actions with no specified deck will affect this deck.
Unless pfl has been set manually, the pfl will also follow the working deck.
- eq_crossfader_high : crossfade the treble between both decks.
- eq_crossfader_low : crossfade the bass between both decks.
- eq_crossfader_mid : crossfade the medium between both decks. (Synonym for eq_crossfader_med)
- eq_high : set the treble equalizer. (Synonym for eq_high_slider)
- eq_kill_high : mute the treble.
- eq_kill_low : mute the bass.
- eq_kill_mid : mute the medium. (Synonym for eq_kill_med)
- eq_low : set the bass equalizer. (Synonym for eq_low_slider)
- eq_mid : set the medium equalizer. (Synonym for eq_mid_slider and eq_med)
- eq_reset : reset the equalizer.
- filter : apply a resonant filter. (Synonym for filter_slider)
- filter_activate : mute/unmute the resonant filter effect.
- filter_label : get the text to display under the filter knob
- filter_resonance : change the resonance of the filter
- filter_selectcolorfx: select the color effect controlled by the filter knob
- all decks :
- down : execute different actions depending if the key if pressed or released: 'down ? Action1 : action2'
- isrepeat : execute different actions depending if the key is being repeated or if it's the first message (On windows, keyboard shortcuts are usually auto-repeated while held down): 'isrepeat ? Nothing : goto_cue')
- nothing : do nothing.
- up : execute different actions depending if the key if pressed or released: 'up ? Action1 : action2'
- browsed_song : set a property of the currently browsed file: "browsed_song 'rating' 5", ...
- get_activedeck : get the number of the sync master deck
- get_album : deprecated.
- get_arm : get the position of the turntable arm
- get_artist : deprecated.
- get_artist_title :
- get_askthedj_unread : returns the number of unread ask the dj requests (Requires askthedj monitoring setting to be always)
- get_automix : get the position of the automix crossfader
- get_automix_song : get a property from the next song in automix. "get_automix_song 'title'"
you can also get properties from songs further down "get_automix_song 'will play at' 2"
- get_beat : get the intensity of the beat at the current position (0% to 100%).
- get_beat2 : get the intensity of the beats from both decks at the same time.
- get_beat_bar : get the position in % in the 4:4 bar (Or in 4:16 if called with 'get beat_bar 16')
- get_beat_counter : get the position of the beat counter
- get_beat_num : "get_beat_num" returns a value between 1 and 4 indicating the beat in the measure. "get_beat_num 1 4" returns true when the first beat of the measure is currently playing. "get_beat_num 1" returns true when the first beat of a 4-beat measure is currently playing (Works from 1 to 4). "get_beat_num 16" returns a percentage indicating the beat position in a 16-beat phrase (Works with any phrase number larger than 4)
- get_beatdiff : get the distance between the beat from this deck and the beat from the active deck. 50% means the deck are aligned, 0% means this deck is late half a beat, 100% means it is ahead half a beat
- get_beatgrid : get the intensity of the beat based on the beatgrid (100% if on the beat, 0% if halfway between to beats).
- get_beatpos : get the current position in beatgrid coordinate (27.5 would mean halfway between the 27th and 28th beats in the song).
- get_bpm : get the bpm of the song.
- get_browsed_album : deprecated.
- get_browsed_artist : deprecated.
- get_browsed_artist_title : deprecated.
- get_browsed_bpm : deprecated.
- get_browsed_color : deprecated. Get_browsed_color 0 red 255 (Item, component, default)
- get_browsed_comment : deprecated.
- get_browsed_composer : deprecated.
- get_browsed_filepath : get the filepath of the song currently selected in the browser
- get_browsed_folder : get the name of the folder selected in the browser
- get_browsed_folder_icon : deprecated.
- get_browsed_folder_scrollpos : deprecated.
- get_browsed_folder_scrollsize : deprecated.
- get_browsed_folder_selection_index : 'get_browsed_folder_selection 1 3' returns true if the first line is the selected line in a browser 3 lines high. 'get_browsed_folder_selection 3' returns the line number of the selected line in a browser 3 lines high (Between 1 and 3)
- get_browsed_folder_tab : deprecated.
- get_browsed_genre : deprecated.
- get_browsed_header : deprecated.
- get_browsed_key : deprecated.
- get_browsed_scrollpos : deprecated.
- get_browsed_scrollsize : deprecated.
- get_browsed_selection_index : 'get_browsed_selection 1 3' returns true if the first line is the selected line in a browser 3 lines high. 'get_browsed_selection 3' returns the line number of the selected line in a browser 3 lines high (Between 1 and 3)
- get_browsed_song : get a property from the currently browsed file: "get_browsed_song 'title'", "get browsed_song 'playcount'", etc...
- get_browsed_title : deprecated.
- get_browsed_title_artist : deprecated.
- get_build : returns build number
- get_comment : deprecated.
- get_composer : deprecated.
- get_constant : return the given constant: 'get constant 75%' always returns 75%
- get_custom_text : deprecated.
- get_deck : get the number of the deck.
- get_deck_analysis : deprecated.
- get_decks : get the total number of decks of the current skin (Can also be used with argument to compare: 'get decks 4' returns true if 'get decks' would return 4, false otherwise)
- get_defaultdeck : get the number of the default deck
- get_filename : deprecated.
- get_filepath : get the filepath of the song on the deck
- get_filesize : deprecated.
- get_firstbeat : get the position of the first beat (In milliseconds)
- get_genre : deprecated.
- get_harmonic : get the harmonic of the current song
- get_hasheadphones : true when a headphones output is configured in sound setup, or when the controller has a headphone volume control (Synonym for get_hasheadphone)
- get_hasinput : returns true if the current soundconfig includes any input (Mic, linein or timecode)
- get_haslinein : returns true if the current soundconfig includes some linein inputs
- get_hasmaster : true when a master output is configured in sound setup, false for external mixer configurations
- get_hasmic : returns true if the current soundconfig includes a mic input
- get_hwnd : return the windows handle to virtualdj's window
- get_key : get the key of the current song
- get_key_modifier : get the number of semitone up or down currently applied to the song
- get_leftdeck : get the number of the left deck
- get_license :
- get_loaded_song : get a property from the song loaded on the deck: "deck 2 get_loaded_song 'album'"
- get_membership : deprecated.
- get_pad_page_name : returns the name of a padpage with a given index
- get_position : get the position in the song
- get_record_message : get the message displayed on the record page
- get_record_min : get the minutes of the recording time
- get_record_ms : get the milliseconds of the recording time
- get_record_msf : get the frames of the recording time
- get_record_sec : get the seconds of the recording time
- get_record_size : get the current size of the recording file
- get_record_time : get the time already spent recording
- get_remix_after_title :
- get_rightdeck : get the number of the right deck
- get_rotation : get the angle of the disc
- get_songlength : get the length in seconds of the song on the deck
- get_time : get the elapsed time (Or remaining or total depending on "display_time"), in milliseconds. Use 'get time 1000' to get another unit than ms (1000=ms, 25=1/25th of seconds, 44100=frames, etc). . Use "elapsed", "remain" or "total" to bypass the setting of display_time. Use "absolute" not to take the pitch into account. On texts, use "short" to hide the decimals. Example: get_time "remain" "short"
get_time can also get the time of other things namely; loopin, loopout, cuex (Where x is the cue number). Example 'get_time cue1'
- get_time_hour : get the hours of the elapsed time (Or remaining or total, depending on "display_time"). Use 'get time_hour "absolute"' if you don't want to take the pitch variations in account. You can write 'get time_min "elapsed"' or "remain" or "total" to bypass the setting of display_time
- get_time_min : get the minutes of the elapsed time (Or remaining or total, depending on "display_time"). Use 'get time_min "absolute"' if you don't want to take the pitch variations in account. You can write 'get time_min "elapsed"' or "remain" or "total" to bypass the setting of display_time
- get_time_ms : get the 1/100th seconds of the elapsed time (Or remaining or total, depending on "display_time").
- get_time_msf : get the msf frame of the elapsed time (Or remaining or total, depending on "display_time").
- get_time_sec : get the seconds of the elapsed time (Or remaining or total, depending on "display_time").
- get_title : deprecated.
- get_title_artist : deprecated.
- get_title_remix :
- get_totaltime_min : get the minutes of the length of the song (This is equivalent to 'get time_min "total"').
- get_totaltime_ms : get the milliseconds of the length of the song.
- get_totaltime_msf : get the frames of the length of the song.
- get_totaltime_sec : get the seconds of the length of the song.
- get_vdj_folder : return the home folder of virtualdj.
- get_version : returns version as text such as "8.0.0"
- get_volume : get the volume applied by both the volume sliders and the crossfader
- get_year : deprecated.
- get_karaoke_background_song : get info about the background song playing in karaoke mode
- get_next_karaoke_song : get info about upcoming karaoke tracks. Example 'get_next_karaoke_song "singer" +1
- has_karaoke_next : on when karaoke mode is active and there is still another singer queued
- is_karaoke_idle : on when karaoke mode is active but not playing (Background music may be playing)
- is_karaoke_playing : on when karaoke mode is active but playing. Off when background music is playing.
- karaoke : start or stop automatic karaoke loading and background music
- karaoke_options : show the contextmenu with the karaoke options
- karaoke_show : show the singer list on the video output
- karaoke_venue_name :
- key : change the key of the song, from -12 (One octave down) To +12 (One octave up), only in multiple of semitones.
- key_lock : activate/deactivate the key lock (To make the pitch slider change the speed of the song, but keep the key of the song like it is now). (Synonym for keylock)
- key_move : move the key up or down from the given amount of semitones.
- key_smooth : change the key of the song, from -12 (One octave down) To +12 (One octave up), allowing not only multiple of semitones.
- keycue_pad : change the key depending on the pad and play the current cue point
- keycue_pad_color : green for the selected key, magenta for lower keys, orange for higher keys and white for no key change
- keycue_pad_page : change the offset of the key change by keycue_pad actions
- match_key : change the key of the song to match the given key. You can use standard notation ('set_key "a#m"') Or numeric ('set key "03a"'). If no given key, it will use the other deck. The change will be the smallest change to make it compatible with the given key.
- set_key : change the key of the song to match the given key. You can use standard notation ('set_key "a#m"') Or numeric ('set key "03a"'). If no given key, it will use the other deck. The change will match the exact key.
- get_active_loop : get the number of beats in the current loop
- get_loop : get the number of beats in the current loop or the default loop size if no loop is active
- get_loop_in_time : get time (In ms) Of the start of the loop
- get_loop_out_time : get time (In ms) Of the end of the loop
- get_saved_loop : get information about a saved loop: get_saved_loop 'pos', get_saved_loop 'len', get_saved_loop 'name'
- loop : set or remove a loop. 'loop 4', 'loop 0.5' set a loop in beats. 'loop 10ms' set a loop in ms. 'loop 200%' multiply by 2 the size of the loop. 'loop 50%' divides by 2. 'loop' alone set a loop at the actual position with the same beat size as the last set loop.
- loop_adjust : use the jogwheel to adjust the loop. Loop_adjust 'move', loop_adjust 'out', loop_adjust 'in' activate a specific loop adjust mode. Loop_adjust -1, loop_adjust +1 emulate moving the jog when loop adjust is active
- loop_back : when loop back mode is enabled, starting a loop sets the end point of the loop, looping what you just heard. When disabled, starting a loop sets the start point of the loop.
- loop_button : one-button smart loop: set the loop in on the first press, set the loop out on second press, remove the loop on third press.
- loop_color : query or set the color of a saved loop. Query example: loop_color 1. Set example: loop_color 1 'yellow'
- loop_delete : 'loop_delete 1' delete the saved loop in slot 1
- loop_double : doubles the length of the loop.
- loop_exit : remove the loop.
- loop_half : halves the length of the loop.
- loop_in : if not in loop, set the beginning of a loop. If in loop, jump back to the beginning of the loop.
- loop_length : change the length of the loop. 'loop_length 15ms' set the length in ms, 'loop_length 0.5' set the length in beats, 'loop_length +100%' set the length in percentage of the actual length.
- loop_load : 'loop_load 1' load the saved loop from slot 1. 'loop_load "myloop"' load saved loop named "myloop"
- loop_load_prepare : 'loop_load_prepare 1' activate/deactivate the saved loop in slot 1 without jumping to the start point. 'loop_load_prepare "myloop"' activate/deactivate stored loop named "myloop" without jumping to the start point
- loop_move : move the loop without changing its length. 'loop_move +10ms' set the distance in ms, 'loop_move +2' set the distance in beats, 'loop_move +50%' set the distance in percentage of the actual length.
- loop_out : if not in loop, set the deck in loop, starting from the last set loop_in point or stutter point. If in loop, exit the loop.
- loop_pad : use 'loop_pad 1' to 'loop_pad 8' to trigger a loop of predefined length, depending on loop_pad_page and loop_pad_mode
- loop_pad_mode : cycle through the different loop modes for use with loop_pad. 1=on/off 2=hold 3=roll
- loop_pad_page : cycle through the different lengths of loops for use with loop_pad
- loop_position : get relative position in loop (From 0% to 100%)
- loop_roll : "loop_roll 0.25" for 1/4th beat loop roll. "loop_roll video" to toggle video loop roll on or off
- loop_roll_mode : if loop roll mode is active, when the loop exits, the song continues from the position it should have been if no looping had been done
- loop_save : 'loop_save 1' save current loop in saved loop slot 1. 'loop_save "myloop"' save current loop and name it "myloop"
- loop_select : set the loop size (Or default loop size if no loop is active). If no parameter is provided, a popup list of loop values to choose from will be displayed.
- pioneer_loop_in :
- pioneer_loop_out :
- reloop : jump to the loop_in point.
- reloop_exit : if in loop, remove the loop. Otherwise, reactivate the last used loop. Highlights when a loop had been used
- repeat_song : when active, song will restart from beginning when finished
- saved_loop : 'saved_loop 1' load the saved loop in slot 1 or set if it doesn't exist. 'saved_loop "myloop"' load saved loop named "myloop" or set if it doesn't exist
- saved_loop_prepare : 'saved_loop_prepare 1' activate/deactivate the saved loop in slot 1 without jumping to the start point or set if it doesn't exist. 'saved_loop_prepare "myloop"' activate/deactivate stored loop named "myloop" without jumping to the start point or set if it doesn't exist
- slicer : "slicer 1" to "slicer 8" for 8 slicer buttons. "slicer 1 'hold'" to hold the current position on first activate. "slicer 'length' +1" to increase length. "slicer 'step' +1" to increase step size. "slicer video" to toggle video slicer on or off
- macro_play : playback a previously recorded macro
- macro_record : start or stop recording a macro
- pad : activate the ith pad from the current pad page
- pad_bank2 : switch between showing pads 1-8 or 9-16 on skins that support it
- pad_button_color : returns the color of the ith pad as should be used on a controller button (Changing the color for standby/active/pressed according to the controller's rgb capability). If the pad is active and has no color, white is returned. If the pad is inactive and has a color, and the controller support full rgb pads, a dimmed color is returned. If the pad is active and has a color, and the controller doesn't support full rgb pads, the color is blinking.
- pad_color : return the color of the ith pad (Without auto-dim)
- pad_edit : edit the current pads page
- pad_has_16pads : returns true when a controller with a 4*4 pad layout is connected
- pad_has_action :
- pad_has_color :
- pad_has_menu :
- pad_has_param :
- pad_has_pressure :
- pad_menu : open the menu for this pad page
- pad_page : change the current page for the pads. Example: pad_page 'hotcues'
- pad_page_favorite : select a pad page from your favorates 'pad_page 1' etc
- pad_param : change the param 1 of the pads
- pad_param2 : change the param 2 of the pads
- pad_param_visible :
- pad_pressure : change the pressure applied on the ith pad
- pad_pressure_switch : toggle use of pressure for pads on or off
- pad_pushed : returns true if the pad is pushed (Useful for custom color actions not using auto-dim)
- padfx : activate/deactivate named effect with a single key. Effect parameters can be specified as well.
'padfx "echo" 40% 90%' to start the echo effect with the first parameter at 40% and the second at 90%. When the effect is stopped, the parameters return to their original values. buttons example [ padfx 'loop out' "STOP:on" "SLIP:off" "VIDEO:off" ]
'padfx "echo" 40% 90% smart_pressed' smart_pressed works as a toggle with a short press, or temporary while holding the button
- padshift : the 'pad' action automatically change action on shift, but if you want to manually force the use of the shift action, you can use padshift instead
- padshift_button_color : the 'pad_button_color' action automatically change action on shift, but if you want to manually force the use of the shift action, you can use padshift_button_color instead
- padshift_pressure : the 'pad_pressure' action automatically change action on shift, but if you want to manually force the use of the shift action, you can use padshift_pressure instead
- blink : turn on and off the led, once per second. You can specify the speed: 'blink 1000ms'
- color : color "red". Color "#c08040". Color 0.8 0.5 0.25. Color 75% "red" (Returns a dimmed red). Color 0.66 (Returns a gray)
- constant : return the specified value
- dim : equivalent of "constant 0.1"
- false : returns false (Synonym for no and off)
- fadeout : 'loop & fadeout 10000ms 3000ms' will return 100% when loop is on and fade out to 0% after 10 seconds in 3 seconds when loop turns off. Alternatively, the action can be entered as the third parameter in backticks: 'fadeout 10000ms 3000ms `loop`' [note: this action is related to skin elements not audio levels]
- param_1_x : invert the value of the calling slider/encoder/button (Calculate 1/x) 'param_1_x & effect slider'
- param_add : add the given value to the value of the calling slider/encoder/button
- param_bigger : check if the value of the calling slider/encoder/button is bigger than something: 'param_bigger 0 ? Sampler loop 200% : sampler loop 50%'. Compare value of the first parameter with the value of the second parameter. Both parameters can be actions instead of values: 'param_bigger pitch pitch_slider' (Synonym for param_greater)
- param_cast : cast the value of the previous query action into a new type: 'pitch_range & param_cast "percentage"'. Valid types are 'integer', 'float', 'percentage', 'ms', 'absolute', 'relative', 'boolean', 'text'. Casting to text can also optionally limit the number of characters: 'get_browsed_song "artist" & param_cast "text" 5'. To format a number as text with a specific number of digits: 'get_bpm & param_cast "000"'. Param_cast 'int_trunc' : provides the integer part of a number without rounding to the nearest integer. Param_cast 'frac' : provides the decimal part of a number.
- param_contains : check if the value of the calling action contains the string in the parameter
- param_delta : transform an absolute value into relative (Example: 0.5, 0.7, 0.8 will become +0.0, +0.2, +0.1)
- param_equal : check if the value of the calling slider/encoder/button is equal to something. To compare a string with the result of an action, use param_equal "`action param`" "string". For example: param_equal "`get_browsed_song 'type'`" "audio"
- param_invert : invert the value of the calling slider/encoder/button (1-x): 'param_invert & pitch_slider'
- param_lowercase : change the text result of the previous element in the script into lowercase
- param_mod : wrap the value of the calling slider/encoder if more than the given value
- param_multiply : multiply the value of the calling slider/encoder/button by the given value: 'param_multiply 300% & effect slider'. The parameter can also be an action 'cue_pos 0 & param_multiply "get_time total 1000"'
- param_pingpong : transform the value of the calling slider/encoder from a linear scale to a forth-and-back scale
- param_smaller : check if the value of the calling slider/encoder/button is smaller than something: 'param_smaller 0 ? Sampler loop 200% : sampler loop 50%'
- param_ucfirst : change the first letter into upper case and the rest in lower case
- param_uppercase : change the text result of the previous element in the script into uppercase
- true : returns true (Synonym for yes and on)