快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: VDJ 3.4. Couple of questions. - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

1)What do you guys think about the sound now?
2)How do u use the clone-deck or what is it?
3)Could someone explain what the difference btwn. a)Absolute mode
b)Smart mode
c)Relative mode
4)How do you unload a track?

发表时间 Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 8:06 pm
well the sound from TCV has improved and yes scratching does sound better now.

Absolute mode = just like a real vinyl. needle skips...so will VDJ, no loops, no anti-skip
Relative mode = can use your loops, cues and more from VDJ, can use anti-skip, etc.
smart mode = a mix of the 2

clone deck is a shortcut which you just need to hit and it will automaticly load the song on the other deck and match the time as well so it makes beat juggling much easier.

unloading a track...well I didn't even know this is possible yet but I'll check it out. might be a shortcut.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 8:25 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Unloading the deck is a shortcut yes :) (which you must set).

Please all be aware this is a mostly timecode update, the general sound quality hasn't been changed, but as White said the scratch sound (timecode) has improved.

发表时间 Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 8:32 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Dang u DVL you beat me, cuz i was working :) but i'll keep this on it adds to the answer
1. not sure i have not giving it a running yet

2. it's a shortcut that lets you clone the song loading on active deck, so if the song playing is at 2:23 then pressing the shortcut will make both decks play the same song at the same position, which allows for instant TC flipping doubles

3. Absolute - position of TC is exact time/position of the song (1min on TC = 1min on mp3)
follows time/position of TC and mp3 exactly ... skips included

Smart- same as absolute but once you use a loop/cue point the position is not accurate position
anymore. combo of realitve and absolute

Realitive - it doesn't matter where the position is on TC, you can drop a needle in the
middle of the vinyl and playthe mp3 from the start of the track

UNload not sure yet.

发表时间 Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 8:36 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I guess this thread will now be used by all for Q&A regarding the new 3.4 update, incase you don't know the changes here they are (pasted from VDJ History):

NEW FEATURES (3.4):
improved timecode sound
new TCCD mode (compatible with cue, loops, etc)
timecode autocue (move the needle from more than 1mn jumps to the next cue)
timecode smartpitch: apply mastertempo from turntable pitch changes
new timecode options: force absolute/relative mode, change lead length
new action: clone_deck
new action: unload
bug corrected: negative length on big playlists, cue markers out of range, forced automix just before automix point.

发表时间 Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 8:48 pm
Has anyone else noticed that 3.4 seems to take up WAY more processor power than 3.3 or any of the others? Maybe it's just me?
(Pitch is set to 0, no FXs are running, as far as I can tell all the settings are the same as what I normally use.)

I never had any problems with the waveform being out of sinc (unless I had other programs running or something) but now I have it all the time. With one deck playing and nothing else going, VDJ uses 50% of my processor while it never used to be that bad. :-(

发表时间 Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 9:08 pm
OK, I figured it out and now I feel stupid. I had checked to see if the time stretch had been updated (like they have said they would do on the "next update" for the past three or so...). I thought I had put it back to normal, but I guess I clicked one more time and it was set to High Quality. Strange that it should make a difference if pitch is set to 0 though.....

Anyways, VDJ is taking up less than 3% processor speed again when one deck is playing with no FXs or anything, just the way I like it :-D

发表时间 Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 9:24 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
The master tempo will be addressed in 4.0 which is what we always said.

发表时间 Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 9:33 pm
Oh, ok. I guess the little ones we're getting right now are "sub-updates" or something. No problem, I was just wondering when it would come. Thanks

发表时间 Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 10:02 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
The crashguard now works? In the 3.3 sometime doesn't work.

发表时间 Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 10:25 pm
Scratching does sound better now... a little less digitised. Well done guys!!!

发表时间 Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 11:02 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes crashguard3 now works again in VirtualDJ v3.4

发表时间 Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 11:08 pm
May be a dumb question, but how exactly does crash guard work?

发表时间 Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 12:31 am
How do you clone the decks? Or how do you set it up?

发表时间 Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 6:03 am

发表时间 Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 8:25 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
crashguard3 makes VirtualDJ more stable ;-)

发表时间 Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 9:29 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Scratching definitely sounds better. Those who have real vinyl to compare against...how close is the sound now. Timecode 3.4 vs. real vinyl. Thanks.

发表时间 Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 3:36 pm
Thanks to clone deck now I can use my MK2 with 1 turntable (deck A) and one CDJ (deck B) connected to the analog inputs.
I can mix the mp3 in deck A with turntable, I can clone in B and Mix with the disc.
The same for CD, I can mix the mp3 in deck B with CDJ, I can clone in A and Mix with the CD track.
Very good, thanks dev team!!!

发表时间 Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 4:00 pm
Well the sound is still digital. Do not be fooled!!!! I don't believe we will ever be able to replace the sound of vinyl although the sound from VDJ's scratch is much better then it was and sounds much cleaner!

Thanks for the great update Dev Team

For all the TC users. This update rocks. if you haven't downloaded it yet please do!!! You will not regret it

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 4:27 pm
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just downloaded it... and I haven't tried it yet... it sounds good.. :D

(I've been waiting for the clone-feature... now I can wait a little more time to buy Herc. MKII )

GREAT!!!!

Dj Cash

发表时间 Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 4:57 pm
40%