快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: VDJ 3.4. Couple of questions. - Page: 2

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

update is awesome, thanks vdj for bieng progressive. However when i clone decks "I get skipping how can I trouble shoot this? I have already applied all of the reccomended presets for my pc. Thanks

发表时间 Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 6:07 pm
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
THATS WHAT I CALL AN UPDATE!!!!!! :D

daamn, the TCV's are not slow as before (they are really fast now, it's not so big difference, but you can still feel the diffrence..) and the scratch sound, really cool...

I downloaded the new Herc. driver-update too ( I think it's old now :p ) so I got doubble-updates, and the both are great...

I specially like the Unload feature.. (It actually was my idea.. I think) exatly what I was waiting for...

the clone feature don't work so well with one TCV... but who cares, I will buy a Herc. MKII soon... I think it will work better then..

I also detected that now I can Nudge with the Hercules when I'm using TCV... I couldn't do it before... that's a great update... :D

Perfect!!!!!!!!!

DJ Cash

发表时间 Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 6:43 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Wow I finally feel like I am getting my money’s worth from the product, this is the update I’ve been waiting a along time for.
I parked vdj a while ago and switched over to djd because of the audio timecode bleeps when scratching with vjd… now with ver 3.4 NO MORE bleeping noises…wonderful.

I can start using this product once again.

The “improved timecode sound” is 95% on point it stills sound slightly grated when scratching slowing (needs a little more tweaking)..sounds a bit better in my other software but if you have nothing to compare it to u probably wont notice… nothing to fuss about though.. still a HUGE improvement from previous versions.

The clone_deck and unload features are excellent…. Thanx!

发表时间 Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 7:29 pm
The scratch sound definetely sounds better, but it ain't 100%. The unload feature is the shit. The clone decks thing is wonderful except for the fact that it makes the playing deck skip when done. Anybody know how to get around this?

发表时间 Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 9:33 pm
well I've been trying the clone deck feature some more tonight and never got skipping once. But it is due to the fact that you are playing a part of a song that is not yet scanned into memory. it has been mentioned in the software section of the forums so please refer there to find more information

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 5:01 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
If the possition of the song you want to clone is near the start then there is probably no skipping.
As we move further ->more chances to skip after using the clone_deck. It's obvious why.

发表时间 Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 6:04 am
vinz2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what is the function of lead time ?

发表时间 Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 1:54 pm
Does the update improve scratching for DAC 3 users? and whens the 4.0 version gonna be out..just asking, take your time guys.
regards,
aditya

发表时间 Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 3:04 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
"When is 4 out" is the question everyones asking, but no ones telling :), because no one knows, when the Dev team are satisfied it's ready it will be released, nobody knows when that moment will be, but I should suspect it's out in the near future.

发表时间 Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 3:08 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
W'sup VDJ Family...

I have not downloaded 3.4 yet. once I do I will let you all know what I think of it.

My question is, how do I downloaded the new version onto 3 different computers? 2 laptops and a desktop?

发表时间 Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 4:23 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
@djcity, just download the installation file and copy it in a removable media, cd, usb stick, whatever...
Then install it at your other pc.
Don't forget to backup your database and shortcuts just in case.

发表时间 Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 4:40 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
O.K. so I downloaded 3.4

Where is all the new stuff?
How do you access it?
What is all the new stuff?

All the stuff I saw on this thread I do not see in my download. I am not very computer savvy so a little help and direction is very helpful.

发表时间 Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 10:25 pm
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ok, the BIG sound-update for the TCV's:
just try to scratch with you TCV's and you will notice it...

the clone_deck feature:
go into the config. menu in VDJ -> Keyboard shortcuts -> all -> clone_deck

just click on clone_deck and press some keys (the keys you wan't as a shortcut for this feature)
Now you can use this feature

unload deck:
exactly the same as clone_deck but instead of clone_deck ypu click on unload_deck (or something like that)

I think this was the major updates...

you can read everything if you go to this site:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/history.html

发表时间 Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 10:44 pm
vinz2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what's is the function Lead Time ...?

it's At 500ms ...

发表时间 Sun 05 Mar 06 @ 10:00 pm
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well all good things must come to an end, I've never had a problem with updates but 3.4 is NOT PLAYING NICE!

Works like this: I execute the program, it opens, shows the normal startup screen then minimizes itself to the bottom tool bar.
You can't maximize it, it just sets there staring at you. I have no other options other than close program. The only possible problem I can think of is we still run the 800x600 screen because we don't want to wear glasses on stage.

If anyone has an idea what's up I'm all ears... as a last resort I'll re-load and older version, luckily we are off Sunday's and Mondays so I have a little time.

Any help would appreciated. :^)

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 1:28 am
Maybe try a different skin?

You might have to trick the program to accomplish this by taking another skin and saving it with the same name as the default 800x600 file names, be sure to backup the originals first so you don't lose them. (If you need more details on this just ask.)

I just tried loading the default 800x600 skin to see if I could find anything wrong with it and...it wasn't there. I don't remember deleting it, but it would not make sense to assume that it's no longer supported.

I'm sure one of the more experienced guys will be able to help you better than I, so just wait a bit and see what they say.

(By the way, be careful of how many times you press "Post" even if it doesn't seem to work right away.)

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 2:13 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The more I play with it. Clone unbelievable. Still haven't quite figured out smart cue..although i get the benefits and soon will. TCV sound is night and day. Crisp is the word. So much better then before it's amazing. Thanks Dev Team.

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 3:46 am
"Smart cue"? Is that another new keyboard shortcut? I can't seem to find it anywhere...

If it's what I'm thinking, it makes it so when you go to a cue, it still stays on beat instead of going to the cue instantly, kind of like the samples.

Don't quote me on it though...I'll have to check it out.

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 3:56 am
smart cue IS NOT a shortcut. This works as the following:

create your cue points in your songs FIRST!!!!
Now when your dropping the needle drop it after the 1 min mark and it will automaticly jump to cue 1

drop the needle at the 2 min mark or after and it jumps to cue 2

etc...

If you guys don't understand this I might have to draw some pictures in paint or something and upload them LOL.

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 4:52 am
Ok, I get it. It's just a TCV thing (which makes sense because this was mostly a TCV update). I (or maybe someone else did first) mentioned the other "smart cue" thing I was talking about on the other improvements forum.

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 5:51 am
80%