- SSHIFT: Press and hold this button to access secondary functions of other controls on the MCX8000
- PLAY. Plays / Pauses the track. Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to "stutter-play" the track from the last set Cue Point.
- CUE. When the Deck is paused, you can set a temporary Cue Point by moving the Platter to place the Audio Pointer at the desired location and then pressing the Cue Button.
During playback, you can press the Cue Button to return the track to this Cue Point. (If you did not set a Cue Point, then it will return to the beginning of the track.).
If the Deck is paused, you can press and hold the Cue Button to play the track from the Temporary Cue Point. Releasing the Cue Button will return the track to the temporary Cue Point and pause it.
To continue playback without returning to the Temporary Cue Point, press and hold the Cue Button, then press and hold the Play Button, and then release both buttons.
Press and hold SHIFT and then press this button to return to the beginning of the track.
- SYNC. Press this button to automatically match the corresponding Deck's tempo and phase with the opposite Deck's (or the Master Deck’s if using a 4 decks Skin) tempo and phase. Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to set this deck as Master Deck. While SHIFT is held down, the Master Deck's SYNC button will be lit.
When the LED blinks, it means that the manual Master Deck selection mode is active (i.e. you had manually selected the Master Deck). Press the flashing button to revert back to the Auto-selection Master DEck mode and let VirtualDJ to decide which Deck is Master mostly based on the deck that is playing out live.
- BEATGRID ADJUST. Press this button to enter jogwheel to BeatGrid Adjust mode (led will blink). While this mode is enabled, use the Jogwheel to adjust the width of the Beatgrid pattern which is equal to adjusting the BPM. Once the adjustment is made, press again to exit this mode.
Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to set the Beat-grid anchor (First Beat) to the current track's position.
- BEATGRID SLIDE. Press this button to enter jogwheel to BeatGrid Slide mode (led will blink). While this mode is enabled, use the Jogwheel to move Beatgrid pattern forward/backwards in time. Once the adjustment is made, press again to exit this mode.
Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to undo all manual edits and VirtualDJ to re-analyze the track..
- VINYL. Press this button to set the Jogwheel to Vinyl (Scratch) or CD (Bend) mode. In Vinyl mode, use the outer part of the Jogwheel to bend (temporary speed up – slow down the tempo of the track).
- DECK SELECT. Use these buttons to select which software Deck each side of the unit will control. The Left side can control wither Deck 1 or Deck 3. Right side can control either Deck 2 or Deck 4.
- CENSOR. Press this button down to play the track in reverse. When the button is released, the track will continue playing from the position it would have been if never used (CENSOR)
Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to play the track in reverse mode.
- SLIP. Press this button to enable/disable Slip mode. When enabled, several actions like scratching, Hotcues, Loops etc will act temporary, and the track will resume playing from the position it would have been if the action was never triggered.
- STOP TIME. Use this knob to define the time needed for the track to completely stop when paused (Vinyl Brake emulation). Set the knob to the minimum position for instant pause.
- NEEDLE DROP. Touch-strip for track's search. For security reasons, the strip will not have any effect when the track is audible (track is playing and its Channel Fader is away from the minimum position).
Hold SHIFT and then use the same touch-strip to navigate through the track regardless the track's playing/audible status.
- JOG. Touch sensitive jogwheel. Use the jogwheel to scratch (if Vinyl mode is selected) or pitch bend. The Jogwheel also offers Loop In and Loop Out point adjustment (see further down in Loops keys)
Hold SHIFT and then use the Jogwheel to fast search through the track. The difference between the Jogwheel Search and the Needle drop,, is that the search with the Needle Drop always keeps the track on beat.
Jogwheel is also used to adjust Beatgrid when the Beatgrid Adjust or Slide mode is enabled.
The LEDs around the jogwheel can have 2 kind of patterns, one with a single chasing LED ON and a second one with a single chasing LED OFF. Choose your favorite pattern for each one of the 4 available decks via the Utilities menu of the unit (hold down the UTILITIES button for more than 1 second to access the menu)
- KEYLOCK. Press this button to "lock" the track's pitch to its original key. The track's tempo will remain at the speed designated by the Pitch Fader.
Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to match deck's key with the key value of the opposite deck
- PITCH. Adjust the track's playback speed (tempo). When pitch is at the middle position (track is playing at its original speed), the green LED will be lit.
When the orange LEDs are lit, the pitch fader has to be moved to the direction the arrows indicate, in order to catch the pitch value of the deck. This is mostly happening when decks are swapped (via the DECK SELECT buttons) and the pitch value of one deck is different than the other.
Note that this Hardware-takeover is not following the soft-takeover of VirtualDJ, meaning that if SHIFT is pressed, the arrows will not indicate the direction the pitch fader needs to be moved to in order to re-gain pitch control, but the ghost-fader on the GUI will be an aid.
- PITCH BEND. Press and hold these buttons down to temporary speed up/slow down the song while pressed. When released, the track playback will return to the speed designated by the Pitch Fader.
Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to select the previous/next available % range of the Pitch Fader
- AUTOLOOP. Press this button to trigger or exit a seamless Loop of the selected size in Beats
Hold SHIFT and then use this button to enable the last triggered Loop (Re-Loop)
- LOOP x 1/2. Press this button to half the size of the Loop
Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to set current position as the Start point (Loop In) of a manual loop. When a Loop is enabled, press this button to set Jogwheel to Loop In Adjust mode and use the Jogwheel to fine adjust the position of the Loop In point in time. Hold SHIFT and then press again to exit this mode. Loop In Adjust mode will still exit if the Loop is disabled via the AUTOLOOP button.
- LOOP x2. Press this button to double the size of the Loop
Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to set current position as the End point (Loop Out) of a manual loop. When a Loop is enabled, press this button to set Jogwheel to Loop Out Adjust mode and use the Jogwheel to fine adjust the position of the Loop Out point in time. Hold SHIFT and then press again to exit this mode. Loop Out Adjust mode will still exit if the Loop is disabled via the AUTOLOOP button.