快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Can DJs dance? - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

As a DJ you should be able to identify a rythmn, but can you dance to it?

I've seen some DJs that are all over the place (on the dance floor) and i think to myself 'surely with you appreciation & understanding of music you should be able to do better than that' :)

How about you guys? what are you like on the other side of the decks?

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 11:27 am
My dancing skill is directly related to the amount of alcohol I have consumed. I never drink when I am DJing, so my DJ Dancing is Crap. I generall just wave my hands in the air at a few appropriate points and let my knees stay boringly still. Works for me:?

A

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 1:13 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
me i like to get into the music when i'm working so i'd say i can get by when on the dance floor, you see some guys arms and legs all over the place and i know if they were in a swimming pool i would throw my laundry in with a box of soap suds lol...

Tayla

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 1:52 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
well, I went from dancing to DJ'ing so im not half bad! done a few freestyles in those circle thingies :D

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 3:04 pm

A lot of djs cant dance ;) And kinda the reason many becomes dj... the shy kid sitting outside the dancefloor at youth-club, that makes his camelon change and start playing the music instead...

And builds a comfidence at it, seeing people dance to his beats.. :)

I've seen a lot of guys that where "non present" almost as kids, turn out to be pop star dj in the end ..hehe

But dance, nope! :) lol

weird really

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 3:09 pm
I'm a liquid circus ninja.

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 4:14 pm
True, very true Norway. But if the crowd see's you enjoying the music, it creates a nice atmosphere. I personally try to dance when people are dancing. I do whatever I want, behind the wheels though. I don't run to the floor. If they're not dancing, I don't wanna look like i'm playing for myself.

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 4:20 pm
i gotta agree with norway

i was the dorky kid that didn't dance .....BUT was really into the music .....

the way it manifested itself in me was i became a drummer ..... so boatloads of rhythm.....

i draw a crowd at guitar center, in spite of the rust now accumulating...... i get moms 'n dads shyly approaching and ask if i can give junior lessons ......

wish i could dance , it would be good for a mobile guy , which is part of what i do

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 4:23 pm
Actually I think it’s more than a good observation, you have to admit most of the DJ’s can’t dance but why? we all have a more then good feeling for the music & beats so why can’t we move to them?
It must be a combination of Norway’s thoughts (the shy guy) & the fact we were all behind the mixer when it happened so no time to learn :-)
In my case same thing I guess I “think” I can dance after a few drinks but people told me it stays with the thinking :-)

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 4:45 pm
I grew up watching American Bandstand and Soul Train... I used to copy the different dancing. Now that I'm an oldman ( 38 ). I can hold a rhythm and coordination of body movement. If I see someone who knows what their doing i can copy them. But for the most part, I feel more comfortable behind the eqp and dance with the crowd. I find it very uncomfortable when I'm not behind the music.

Go figure, reverse dance evolution... non shy to shy

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 4:49 pm
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I can nod my head to the beat!

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 4:56 pm
haz0rd wrote :
I can nod my head to the beat!

loooool ;)

Thats the DJ dance ;) do the funky chicken...hehe

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 5:05 pm

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 5:08 pm

HE can dance;) lol

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 5:10 pm
Now that right there would be too much for a dj to be doing.

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 5:17 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I think we need another section for teaching funky dance moves then. I can mix but i just cant beat match my feet. Mabee someone could make a mapper to connect up one of those illuminating dance mat things and we can just follow the lights. Te He

Daz

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 5:46 pm
what i do is referred to "when referred to at all" as moving with enthusiasm ......

no need to call the ambulance .......

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 5:50 pm
I dance like a white boy.

Arms, legs, ass, moving everywhich way

Not Pretty.

Not pretty at all.

My GF laughs her ass off at me.

Before I met my Current GF; I met this well-intentioned black girl and I met at a club (my night off) we hit it off, had some drinks yada yada yada, she dragged me out to the dance floor and her and her freinds died laughing at my white boy unco-ordinated danceing.

It's not good when she laughs at your bad dancing.

Not good

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 7:21 pm
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
learn a simple two step first

Then work your way up.

if all fails..... Nod your head,

hahaha

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 7:29 pm
haz0rd wrote :
learn a simple two step first

Then work your way up.

if all fails..... Nod your head,