快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Can DJs dance? - Page: 3

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

bryantpb wrote :
I dance whether the dance floor is empty or not. It shows I don't need a full dance floor to enjoy the music. If they don't move, and you don't move, it may seem like your verifying the fact that the music is NOT dance-able. So why not move a little. It also, believe it or not, shows some personality and gets the creative juices flowing. Makes one not appear like he is at a boring office job. And, you don't want anyone to ever say, gee, anyone can do what he's doing, heck, even HE looks bored.

I totally agree!!!

发表时间 Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 5:31 pm
Maybe we could invent a new DJ dance?

How about we get on the dance floor and pretend we have an invisible pair of decks & equipment infront of us, we move how we would if we were Djing.

Or would we just come across as psychologically unstable ??

发表时间 Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 5:48 pm
Oh, you met dancing whilst in the booth, I feel embarrased now hehe. Do you find that if you're dancing to someone else you're too critical of their selection and mixing compared to your friends? Maybe that should go in another thread.

发表时间 Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 5:49 pm
spinnaJ wrote :
Pionara wrote :
Certainly in the mobile business you've got to have balls (of steel) sometimes and a little bit of imagination. You may have a few tricks up your sleeve but every gig's different. Dancing certainly entertains the crowd and can encourage them up to join you...along with a bit of cheeky dj patter.

I saw a dj three weeks ago doing a kid's communion. He didn't do anything. He played ok music, but didn't entertain the crowd at all. It made me realise that all the lights and volume and good looking gear and good music don't really matter a toss...if you don't speak to people, you're lost. They'd be as well sticking a quid in the jukebox for all the services you are providing.

Gotta love those sunday afternoon-ers!

(",)

P

I could not agree with you more. I did a lot of communions and christenings this year (did I say I hate kids parties), but you have to do what is needed. I know Sunday afternoon parties suck, but I just do the best I can, and don't sweat it. Do the kid games and contest, and everyone is happy. I try not to make an ass of my self, but have picked up a lot of tricks in my old age. Sometimes, the guest just don't want to be there, either. You can not act like you don't want to be there.

[quote]=I dance whether the dance floor is empty or not. It shows I don't need a full dance floor to enjoy the music. If they don't move, and you don't move, it may seem like your verifying the fact that the music is NOT dance-able. So why not move a little. It also, believe it or not, shows some personality and gets the creative juices flowing. Makes one not appear like he is at a boring office job. And, you don't want anyone to ever say, gee, anyone can do what he's doing, heck, even HE looks bored.

100% correct. I have done parties where not one person got up, but they all told me what a great job I did. You can not be boring, and need to at least act as if you are having fun. I always remember I am getting paid for doing something I love. That keeps a smile on my face.

发表时间 Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 9:41 pm
YES!

I got into djing after several years of just being a club punter. I love groovin!

Actually, last Friday night I was djin at a small club, and the dancefloor was packed (with students from the university I teach at, lol). Their energy sparked me, and of course I was playing awesome, danceable tunes (dancehall and later, hard house), so I was jivin away in the booth. When I was playin my top tunes, I danced so hard that I broke the dj platform!!!!

When I played some faster techno stuff my unaccustomed audience kinda slowed down. So, I left the booth with the track playing and hit the dancefloor for about 30 seconds. Showed them what to do! They picked up after that and the event went an hour overtime (many thanks to the club owner for not charging extra!)

DJs can dance. If you're seen to be enjoying the music, your floor will get the buzz, too!

Just try to keep control of the mixer,lol. One time I was so invigrated by the beats I lost control of my MK2 and messed up the mix, (o.O)

发表时间 Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 3:32 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
tripleseven wrote :
DJs can dance. If you're seen to be enjoying the music, your floor will get the buzz, too!

I very much agree with this statement. You can make the dancefloor come alive just by doing a bit yourself.

It's a funny business, the dj business, ain't it??!?!?!

(",)

发表时间 Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 10:12 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)