快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.2 - Page: 14

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

paxwebbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
dydy1 wrote :
beatbreaker1 wrote :
No it's not an effect, in my own experience it's used when I have a long run (laptop to the monitor ) and the song doesn't match up with the video. Lips are not in sync with the track. With this you are now able to adjust it. As to how it works, I have not looked into it cause my converter has the delay composition built in........

Hope that helps.......

thank, now I understand. I never realized that delay in running long cable to monitor. I will be more attentive to that now.

So the speed of light is so slow now that we can notice the difference from a longer cable length?? lol

The problem lies with the signal processing of some monitors/TVs. There is a delay from when the signal reaches the TV and then is processed by the internal electronics for output to the screen. The cable length has an absolutely immeasurable effect on signal delay.

发表时间 Wed 24 Oct 12 @ 10:06 am
Well like I said "from my own experience" when I have an hdmi run longer then a 100 foot the picture was delayed or one other time the picture quality was shitty. One I shortened up the run everything was good and the other time I used a signal amplifier. If it was the electronics as you say then shorting up the run would of had no effect what so ever. So yeah in "my own experience" it was the length of the cable NOT the electronics.

发表时间 Wed 24 Oct 12 @ 11:47 am
HDMI transfers digital signals. Longer cables may downgrade the strenght of the digital signal, thous the electronics of your monitor(s) will need more time to process it.

See? You are both right!!! LOL

Honestly I wouldn't go for lengthy HDMI cables (more than 10 meters) without a signal booster/amplifier somewhere in the middle of the route!

发表时间 Wed 24 Oct 12 @ 11:58 am
The Check for Updates buttons does not seem to work, as it was telling me constantly "Your software is already the latest version" while I was running 7.0.5.b and I never noticed that 7.1 was distributed. It was because I visited this site this afternoon that I noticed that 7.2 has been released.

Is there a reason that the check for updates does not work? Or are we supposed to frequently visit this site to find out that there have been updates to the app?

Currently testing 7.2 to check that it works okay on my machine: HP ProBook 6460b, Win7 Enterprise 64-bit.
If not OK, I will downgrade back to 7.0.5.b.

发表时间 Wed 24 Oct 12 @ 1:37 pm
CadDogPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Wow, and I waited years before selecting VDJ what a waste of time...

Thanks VDJ for keeping my tool and toy upto day and me very happy to open my laptop each and every morning... :o)

"I can't wait until 8"

So far all is Well with my Dell

(Inspiron 64bit, Core i5, and 8g ram)

发表时间 Wed 24 Oct 12 @ 3:20 pm
groovindj wrote :
durdeesmurdee wrote :
Nice... But why aren't the waves at the top colored?

They are - one is red and the other is blue!

But seriously, your question has already been asked and answered in this thread. They are different colors so you can tell which belongs to which deck. If they were both multi-colored, how would you tell them apart?

The little blocks at the bottom of the waves...or put one above the other...

发表时间 Wed 24 Oct 12 @ 7:04 pm
rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks guys! cant wait for the next big thing!

发表时间 Thu 25 Oct 12 @ 11:10 am
I think the below post, posted elsewhere needs to be posted here. Please delete this on tecnical issues threads?

Happened again, even after I successfully installed all the new windows updates, defragged and cleaned the registry Three days ago, I went back and forth between the two programs(my karaoke one and vdj7.2), ran 'em both at the same time, immediately after the new install of vdj7.2, Then again the next day, BUT, the day after,I ran a full four hour karaoke show with the karaoke program. The day after that, yesterday, the karaoke program wouldn't play its songs. I restored to the point before the VDJ7.2 install, and the karaoke program immediately worked great. I have repeated this process three times.

How bout a computer guru that can give me a clue to what may be going on here. I'm happy with v7.02, but really really would like to update again. There is got to be some connection there between these two, perhaps in the registry, or elsewhere???? that allows the install of one to affect the other.

Essentially, the karaoke program does not function after an install of vdj7.2, but it doesn't stop functioning till after a complete four hour run of the karaoke program.

发表时间 Fri 26 Oct 12 @ 4:25 am
hey guys can u tell me what codec can be used to record a video on vdj7 pro nothing seems to work

发表时间 Fri 26 Oct 12 @ 7:24 am
moarphine wrote :
hey guys can u tell me what codec can be used to record a video on vdj7 pro nothing seems to work

This thread is for the 7.2 update, please start your own thread.

发表时间 Fri 26 Oct 12 @ 11:30 am
I really appreciate the colored waveforms.

I have a request, if you do another update before VDJ 8, can you include the option to color our MP3 files in our library? This is the kind of stuff that makes our life so much easier.

Thanks again for the hard work.

发表时间 Fri 26 Oct 12 @ 11:49 am
brainstormer999 wrote :
I really appreciate the colored waveforms.

I have a request, if you do another update before VDJ 8, can you include the option to color our MP3 files in our library? This is the kind of stuff that makes our life so much easier.

Thanks again for the hard work.

its all ready in the version 8 :) just have to wait to come out

发表时间 Fri 26 Oct 12 @ 1:24 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I ran 7.2 for a few hours and had an occasional drop of audio on the left player. And USB is set to disable suspend. Did not notice this a few months ago but was running 7.05b then.

Windows 7 x64 w/ 8gb.

USB audio 5.1 device.

I'm thinking something USB related, b/c I would see this before under XP until I turned off the power features for each USB port.

发表时间 Fri 26 Oct 12 @ 11:22 pm
@maki2001

I know it's already in version 8, my point was, if they do another update of version 7 before they launch version 8, to include it.

I don't need to be reminded I have to wait for it, I know I have to.

发表时间 Sat 27 Oct 12 @ 7:25 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
bryantpb wrote :
I think the below post, posted elsewhere needs to be posted here. Please delete this on tecnical issues threads?

Happened again, even after I successfully installed all the new windows updates, defragged and cleaned the registry Three days ago, I went back and forth between the two programs(my karaoke one and vdj7.2), ran 'em both at the same time, immediately after the new install of vdj7.2, Then again the next day, BUT, the day after,I ran a full four hour karaoke show with the karaoke program. The day after that, yesterday, the karaoke program wouldn't play its songs. I restored to the point before the VDJ7.2 install, and the karaoke program immediately worked great. I have repeated this process three times.

How bout a computer guru that can give me a clue to what may be going on here. I'm happy with v7.02, but really really would like to update again. There is got to be some connection there between these two, perhaps in the registry, or elsewhere???? that allows the install of one to affect the other.

Essentially, the karaoke program does not function after an install of vdj7.2, but it doesn't stop functioning till after a complete four hour run of the karaoke program.

Hey Bryant why don't you open a new thread, so you'll get a better result on your issue, I'll be able to help you there..

发表时间 Sat 27 Oct 12 @ 1:59 pm
I tried that Joey, and No One responded I'll try again as you suggetst!

发表时间 Sun 28 Oct 12 @ 2:05 am
Hey what I want ti know is if there is goin to be more sample banks nataive to version 8. We have been using 12 for to long lets get at least three banks of 12. Pls ad more sample banks

发表时间 Sun 28 Oct 12 @ 7:18 pm
eternaldragon wrote :
Hey what I want ti know is if there is goin to be more sample banks nataive to version 8. We have been using 12 for to long lets get at least three banks of 12. Pls ad more sample banks

There's a 'New features and wishes forum' for this...

发表时间 Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 12:51 am
nottsdjPRO InfinityMember since 2012
anyone tried this with windows 8 yet? (or even better with win8 on a 2008 macbook pro using bootcamp)?

needing to upgrade my MBP from winXP so i can use exfat format 3TB drives, so figured i might try out win8 as it costs less than £25 at the moment

发表时间 Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 7:14 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
DJReuben wrote :
ewitles wrote :
Did anything change under the hood w/ regard to the Automix and Advanced sound card setup?

1st: There is a glitch when tracks are on automix. Just as one finishes, the next one plays. All is good. But when the next on list gets loaded, there is a small audible glitch. No matter the type of automix. Mind you, only use for dinner/cocktails, but still noticeable.

2nd: Current VDJ cannot 'see' more than 3 channels (5.1 sound device) via native WDM.

Can't wait to put this through the mill...

I have this very noticeable sound glitch as well. Made me stop using automix for dinner music. The sound is actaully louder than the music, so it truly stixks out. Will also start new thread if a search comes up empty.

Keep me posted, bro.

发表时间 Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 9:58 am
86%