快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.2 - Page: 15

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
eternaldragon wrote :
Hey what I want ti know is if there is goin to be more sample banks nataive to version 8. We have been using 12 for to long lets get at least three banks of 12. Pls ad more sample banks

Why don't you watch some of the preview videos to get a feel for what's coming?

发表时间 Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 12:45 pm
Yeah, watch this one....

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 2:33 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
DJReuben wrote :
ewitles wrote :
Did anything change under the hood w/ regard to the Automix and Advanced sound card setup?

1st: There is a glitch when tracks are on automix. Just as one finishes, the next one plays. All is good. But when the next on list gets loaded, there is a small audible glitch. No matter the type of automix. Mind you, only use for dinner/cocktails, but still noticeable.

2nd: Current VDJ cannot 'see' more than 3 channels (5.1 sound device) via native WDM.

Can't wait to put this through the mill...

I have this very noticeable sound glitch as well. Made me stop using automix for dinner music. The sound is actaully louder than the music, so it truly stixks out. Will also start new thread if a search comes up empty.

Try checking Safe Mode box in the audio settings and report back. I think that solved it for me. 5.x and 6.x did not have this issue. But 7.x had an audio engine redo.

Thanks!!!

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 10:34 pm
Ewitles- I noticed the glitch but it was very seldom for me. I'd say 5% of the time. I only noticed it when the beats and bpms were very different from the incoming track. But the transitions were really smooth with similar sounding tracks. I been here since 7.04 so that's as far back as I can compare it to. I can still work with it....

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 7:41 am
Wow this program is the BEAST of all BEASTS so many features and is said to be extremely stable. Big to Virtual DJ and it's staff, can't wait to get my PAWS on this program. Thanx for the videos ppl.

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 8:52 am
CadDogPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have used 7.2 in my last to job and haven't notice any volume changes.

I'm using two Dell Inspiron with the newer one is:

64bit and 8g of ram.

The old one is:

32bit with 4g of ram.

And again, I haven't yet notice any volume issues.

I'm keep my fingers cross and hope I don't run into any problems.
If I do I will post them.

Thanks for the heads up... :o)

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 12:57 pm
I just downloaded 7.2 on my desktop to see the new colored waveforms everyone is talking about, but it looks the same as 7.0. In 7.0 the left deck's waveform is blue and the right deck's waveform is red. So what's different? Sorry if I'm missing soemthing obvious.

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 2:23 pm
blaide13 wrote :
I just downloaded 7.2 on my desktop to see the new colored waveforms everyone is talking about, but it looks the same as 7.0. In 7.0 the left deck's waveform is blue and the right deck's waveform is red. So what's different? Sorry if I'm missing soemthing obvious.

You have to enable it in options, but it's only waveforms on the decks and not the waveforms in the top

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 2:39 pm
CadDogPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I like that VDJ, when they update their software, doesn't set the NEW stuff as default.
This helps me select and find the new items and elect to use as I need them.
This also helps keep my setting without messing up what I want and like.

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 3:36 pm
love updates so far .. cant wait for 8 see serato has dropped serato dj for all in one controllers , was hoping that virtual would have firsted them ..very interesting developement , so hurry with 8 think the competition is trying to jump on your market

发表时间 Thu 01 Nov 12 @ 9:48 am
mikerammo wrote :
see serato has dropped serato dj for all in one controllers , was hoping that virtual would have firsted them ..very interesting developement , so hurry with 8 think the competition is trying to jump on your market

http://serato.com/dj/hardware

Serato DJ only supports one controller at this time and only 12 others in the works with many of those not supported until 1st quarter of 2013.
No worries, VDJ is still way ahead.

发表时间 Thu 01 Nov 12 @ 9:59 am
TDBennett wrote :
mikerammo wrote :
see serato has dropped serato dj for all in one controllers , was hoping that virtual would have firsted them ..very interesting developement , so hurry with 8 think the competition is trying to jump on your market

http://serato.com/dj/hardware

Serato DJ only supports one controller at this time and only 12 others in the works with many of those not supported until 1st quarter of 2013.
No worries, VDJ is still way ahead.

vdj is curently behind with serato in many things im sory dude but the sound is still terrible and as said iv VDJ8 should come out faster i mean untile next year june is a looooong time :/ even if they test the sh**t out of it it will have bugs no such thing as a perfect program..

发表时间 Thu 01 Nov 12 @ 9:13 pm
The only thing Serato has on VDJ is the sound and that's gonna be fixed. So let's see,
Serato has 5 cue points per track, VDJ has 99
Serato has VERY, VERY limited mapping, VDJ can be mapped to do whatever I want it to
Serato skins can't even be altered, VDJ skins can be made to look like whatever
Serato can only use RANE soundcards, VDJ can use almost any soundcard on the market
Serato doesn't have MIDI out (no lights), VDJ has MIDI out

Should I keep going "my dude"?? Serato is weak and they know it, we've been on the for front of features for longest!! Sure we haven't always been the most stable but then show me what software doesn't screw up, hell just look at their forums, lmmfao!! Even with their new software, their ditching some users cause they won't support their controllers, now they have 8 cue points per track, the sampler still doesn't sync to tracks (I could be wrong on that)...... I could go on all night but you seeing who's copying who here and it looks to me that Serato is copying VDJ.......

And as far as releasing updates goes, they took 2 fricking years to update their video plugin and it's still no where near as good as VDJ (can only speak for the PC side)...... and it's still gonna take them a year to update the new software (Serato Dj) so that it works with the LIMITED amount of controllers they do support. So please don't come here with that garbage, if you like them better fine but get your facts straight bro.....

发表时间 Thu 01 Nov 12 @ 9:46 pm
I remember when the Xbox 360 came out, everybody said the PS3 would lose out because it's release date was gonna be so much later than the Xbox. Well, the rest is history really, PS3 has been a smashing success mostly because it could do so much more. I've never used Serato, but on paper nobody beats VDJ feature and compatibility wise, and it's never failed me in the field. IMO, release dates mean very little, the end product will always speak for itself, for better or worse.

发表时间 Thu 01 Nov 12 @ 10:58 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
The only thing Serato has on VDJ is the sound and that's gonna be fixed. So let's see,
Serato has 5 cue points per track, VDJ has 99
Serato has VERY, VERY limited mapping, VDJ can be mapped to do whatever I want it to
Serato skins can't even be altered, VDJ skins can be made to look like whatever
Serato can only use RANE soundcards, VDJ can use almost any soundcard on the market
Serato doesn't have MIDI out (no lights), VDJ has MIDI out

Should I keep going "my dude"?? Serato is weak and they know it, we've been on the for front of features for longest!! Sure we haven't always been the most stable but then show me what software doesn't screw up, hell just look at their forums, lmmfao!! Even with their new software, their ditching some users cause they won't support their controllers, now they have 8 cue points per track, the sampler still doesn't sync to tracks (I could be wrong on that)...... I could go on all night but you seeing who's copying who here and it looks to me that Serato is copying VDJ.......

And as far as releasing updates goes, they took 2 fricking years to update their video plugin and it's still no where near as good as VDJ (can only speak for the PC side)...... and it's still gonna take them a year to update the new software (Serato Dj) so that it works with the LIMITED amount of controllers they do support. So please don't come here with that garbage, if you like them better fine but get your facts straight bro.....

dude until we get that awesome sound serato has.. we are screwed man :) thats it i dont care for the skinn or the 99 cue points its cool and all but when we have the sound same r better then serato then can we say something + a lot of professionals using them so they got advertisement on their hands but that don't affect me and no..a vdj user since it was atomix mp3 if i wanted to switch i would switch and that would be traktor
P.S- serato has better effects :) cant wait to fix that either :)

and yes PS3 is better than xbox by all means but the only downside is the video playing from usb on ps3 ( i kno since i have one)

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 12 @ 4:03 am
I totally disagree ..... used VDJ for over 3 years with both HC4500 and MC6000 in a club with an excellent sound system and it's very good. Probably some room for improvement but it's not bad by any means.

Keith

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 12 @ 5:01 am
I'll give you this, the software eq's aren't very good but I use an analog mixer so it has no effect (very little) on me and I'll give them the timecode. But I'm positive this will all be fixed when 8 drops.....

And for the record, PS3 ain't got ish on a Xbox other then the bluray player and even then I don't use my Xbox to play movies, lmao!!

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 12 @ 9:08 am
maki2001 wrote :

vdj is curently behind with serato in many things im sory dude but the sound is still terrible and as said iv VDJ8 should come out faster i mean untile next year june is a looooong time :/ even if they test the sh**t out of it it will have bugs no such thing as a perfect program..

You say "many things" but only point out sound quality, which is very important, but VDJ does a good job with sound. And Serato does a great job with timecodes. But the point I was speaking to was Serato DJ and the controllers that are supported, and in that category and "many others" VirtualDJ is miles ahead.

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 12 @ 9:47 am
I found the wave form color in the options menu as you said. I tried it and unless I'm missing something, I don't understand what all the fuss is about it. The previous version would show the waveform each deck and as the song plays, the waveform is colored in either blue or red as the song progresses. With the new color wave form option turned on, I see a colored waveform with a shadow over the portion that has already played so far. The earlier way actually is clearer amnd more defined, so once again, unless I missed something, I don't understand why so many people were so excited about the colored waveform as this seems to be just a variation on something that already existed.

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 12 @ 10:51 pm
In 8 there will be far more control over what you see with these waves as already stated by the team, ie. zoom in and out.

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 12 @ 11:41 pm
92%