Forum: General Discussion

话题: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.2 - Page: 11

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

xcakid wrote :
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Your doing something wrong.........

that's what she said......

LOL

Yeah, but I held on real tight and said "That's not what your sister said".

发表时间 Tue 16 Oct 12 @ 5:20 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
DJ Koz wrote :
Sorry for sounding like an a**hole but how do the colored wave forms and cover help you do your job? Just curious? Are there any real f'n djs out there that care about if the software and hardware works... or are you that bored?

How the colored waveform helps is by letting the DJ see the bass hits from the hi hats and vocals. It really is very helpful once you get used to it. You can see the highs, mids and lows in your track. Very helpful for scratch dj's and beat jugglers and really any DJ no matter what kind of music you play.

发表时间 Tue 16 Oct 12 @ 7:46 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djcity wrote :
DJ Koz wrote :
Sorry for sounding like an a**hole but how do the colored wave forms and cover help you do your job? Just curious? Are there any real f'n djs out there that care about if the software and hardware works... or are you that bored?

How the colored waveform helps is by letting the DJ see the bass hits from the hi hats and vocals. It really is very helpful once you get used to it. You can see the highs, mids and lows in your track. Very helpful for scratch dj's and beat jugglers and really any DJ no matter what kind of music you play.

I have to say I look at the waveforms every now and then but I don't rely on them and I certainly don't need that to tell me we are listening to a high hat.

发表时间 Tue 16 Oct 12 @ 7:49 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I didn't say you did bro, just answering your question on what they do and why they are helpful.

I have been using my ears to mix for the past 24 years and I ain't gonna stop now. Once upon a time, I used to listen to the record. Not the sound from the speaker but I would put my ear to the needle and listen to the record.

I'm an OLD school DJ bro.

Hope this helps...

发表时间 Tue 16 Oct 12 @ 7:54 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@djcity No problem bro.

发表时间 Tue 16 Oct 12 @ 8:15 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
the colored waveforms i thought looked a bit pants at first, until i realized a few mins later that it was much easier to find a place in a track with the items i wanted for drops or under mixing, orange for big beets and green for breakdowns etc.. that's pretty cool cuz it means i don't have to search through tracks quite as much on the fly to find the spot i want.

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 6:01 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
beatbreaker1 wrote :

can you please elaborate huey? and thanks for the reply, it did cross my mind that it seemed odd that i couldnt hot plug my controller.

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 6:02 am
prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hey guys - thank you so much for the update. If you are releasing version 7.3 any time soon PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE improve the search functionality. I assume this would be easy to do and I know it is planned for version 8 - but it is so simple I hoped it would have already been done by now even in 7.2. E.G. If I have a song titled "Cheers to that - Rihanna" I should be able to type "Rihanna Cheers" and find the song. Right now as you are aware I have to type the words in the exact order they appear in the title.

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 6:31 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ok, I am seeing what everyone else is.When you have a track loaded w/ color waveforms, the CPU hangs around 20%. Does not matter if both decks are loaded. Turn off color, CPU dives. Play track, CPU goes down. From a clean startup, low CPU. Load a track w/ colors, just idle (not playing), 20% CPU.

Is this normal?

W7 x86 4gb GT220 Quad Core

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 6:41 am
It's not happening here.

My CPU is around 1-3% and only shoots up to 25-26% when loading a track. Once the track's loaded, the CPU drops back down.

It doesn't shoot up when playing tracks back either.

This is on a system with a 1GB dedicated graphics card.

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 6:54 am
I have a dedicated PCIe 1gb DDR3 Nvidia card installed. Will play some more today.

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 7:04 am
Blulite wrote :
beatbreaker1 wrote :

can you please elaborate huey? and thanks for the reply, it did cross my mind that it seemed odd that i couldnt hot plug my controller.

I could see it happening if your controller has a soundcard but theres been times in the middle of a gig ive had to replugin my mixer and its never crashed. Ive had the screen freeze for a second but never crash.

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 7:55 am
ewitles wrote :
I have a dedicated PCIe 1gb DDR3 Nvidia card installed. Will play some more today.

Check your video card drivers. My system spikes also, not as much as yours but it does spike.

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 7:56 am
Only spikes when track loaded not playing. And not a spike, per se, but hovers around 20-23%.

Latest video and system drivers are installed. Might try and verify on my laptop to be sure...

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 9:43 am
I'm still using XP, dual core Intel, with a 512 nVidia card. Some times my CPU is 99%. I don't care, as long as my machine does not crash. Now, I do a lot of stuff that you guys would not dream of, but that headroom is there for a reason, to use. This has nothing to do with colored waveforms, as I will not be using them. I have not even installed 7.1 or 7.2 on my gig machine yet, simply because I haven't had a chance to test yet. So, does it matter how much CPU you are using, as long as your machine keeps running?

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 10:25 am
For me, Yes it does matter due to the fact that I'm still using timecodes and I'm sure you know that low latency and high CPU don't mix. I've done a few test of my own and when using my SL3 I get crackles even with a latency setting of 15 ($hitty drivers) but when using my Audio 8 with latency at 5 my cpu will go to 99 when loading but no crackles. In my small mind it all boils down to drivers and how good they are........and i should say this is with the colored waves on.

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 10:39 am
how long we got to wait for the new version?

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 5:05 pm
dfyffePRO InfinityMember since 2003
I notice that if i scan for bpm on a few highlighted tracks only the first highlighted track shows bpm. Anybody else notice this ?.

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 8:02 pm
Donwloaded version 7.2 for mac but there's no color waveforms button in options...

发表时间 Thu 18 Oct 12 @ 4:19 am
There is in mine. Mid 2010 MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion.

Bottom of the left column in Options.

You may need to re-install or re-boot

发表时间 Thu 18 Oct 12 @ 5:13 am
67%