快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: This controller will be awesome if mapped to VDJ8 (Pioneer DDJ-SX) - Page: 9

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Aaro2n2001 wrote :
Running like a dream so far! Only question: does needle search work?
Am I missing a setting that allows me to use this?

Yes it works. Try to use it on a deck that's paused. I think that I disabled it while the track is playing for security reasons but I can't recall right now (I'm on winter vacations and I don't have access to my files)

发表时间 Sat 22 Dec 12 @ 12:17 pm
Thanks, Phantom! Yup. It does work. Enjoy your vacation.

@djflywkpo Scratching is an issue for me, too. I moved from an NS6 to this and I'm still trying to dial in the perfect latency. Can someone recommend some registry tool settings?

发表时间 Sat 22 Dec 12 @ 2:50 pm
[quote=Aaro2n2001]Running like a dream so far! Only question: does needle search work?
Am I missing a setting that allows me to use this?[/quote

Hold SHIFT+Needle Search. I thought this was a GREAT idea which keeps you from accidentally activating the search strip. Serato should make this change.

1. Virtual DJ filter is shit...worst ever. What is it that causes the unit NOT to work in Hybrid Mixer Mode to utilize the Pioneer FILTER. Also, I have never switched the unit to the "other software" mode so I dont know if im getting other results but unit works great, just no platter led illumination.

2. When bending the pitch using the "platter" I notice that it will not bend in keylock, yet it will keylock if sliding pitch adjust.

3. Is it worth the time to make too many changes since VDJ8 is on the horizon?

4. Lastly, I notice VDJ has LESS latency on the platters using than Serato DJ which I though it would be the other way around. I have both programs set at same latency but I get much better scratching on VDJ. Very interesting.

发表时间 Sun 23 Dec 12 @ 4:14 pm
shannon1sound wrote :

4. Lastly, I notice VDJ has LESS latency on the platters using than Serato DJ which I though it would be the other way around. I have both programs set at same latency but I get much better scratching on VDJ. Very interesting.

Question: What is the latency that works best for scratching?

发表时间 Sun 23 Dec 12 @ 5:34 pm
Aaro2n2001 wrote :
shannon1sound wrote :

Question: What is the latency that works best for scratching?

Move the latency as low as you can go without hearing "latency" crackling. The lower the latency, the less milliseconds of time between sound and midi action.

发表时间 Sun 23 Dec 12 @ 6:12 pm
Rnow3PRO InfinityMember since 2011
So I was on the Pioneer forums and asked about the Jog Wheels LED problem, someone responed (not sure if they were a Pioneer Rep or not) and said the problem occurs because the controller is mapped to MIDI and not HID in VDJ and that Pioneer probably won't allow VDJ to use it in HID because of the whole stankin A-s Serato branding Bullsh-t. What do you guys think, is this true? Because if it is I might sell mine.

发表时间 Mon 24 Dec 12 @ 4:19 pm
From what I've read that is correct. Without Pioneer sharing the programming info with Atomix there is only so much can be done.

As this is a Pioneer / Serato branded product you should realise it will only be fully supported by Serato, that's just how business works unfortunately.

However a lot of work has been done to map it to VDJ and we should be appreciative of that.

There are controllers like the Denon MC6000 that are fully supported by Virtual DJ and if you want to use the software to it's full capabilities then you should consider getting something like this instead.

Regards

Keith

发表时间 Mon 24 Dec 12 @ 4:48 pm
Ok thats great news, I did not mean to down play Phantom or any of the other guys efforts to map this controller. I believe its a great unit, just those LEDs were bugging me and I just refuse to use Serato. Thanks

发表时间 Mon 24 Dec 12 @ 6:45 pm

发表时间 Sun 30 Dec 12 @ 12:38 am
cstoll wrote :
The jog illumination problem has nothing to do with HID vs MIDI.

The JOG ILLUMINATION is pretty but its actually WORTHLESS.....even in Serato DJ your not going to use it.

I assume VD7 has been expanded as far as it can with its current structure. As I have said before, VDJ's beat grid, fx's and awful filter were ANTIQUATED about 3 years ago after Traktor became the forefront of DJ software. There is really no reason for further updates to VDJ7 as its about to be axed anyways. The longer VDJ8 is delayed, the more I will be learning Serato DJ as it is quite amazing, even trumping Traktor in many areas, (BEAT GRID WARP like in ABLETON) as an example.

Is it possible to make map of DDJSX and BYPASS the VDJ filter? This would really be my last request for VDJ7 & this controller.

发表时间 Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 12:48 pm
That great news, there is an official mapper Pioneer ddj sx, of course, I'm looking forward to this allocator because this week I received a ddj sx, and I would not use serato, Greetings ...

发表时间 Tue 08 Jan 13 @ 10:58 am
you can use any VST filter you like on windows shannon... I use Vengeance Philta. It's a production filter that puts any dj software's filter to shame. Best of all the demo is free, although it's more basic than the paid version it has everything you need and no time limit ;-)

发表时间 Tue 08 Jan 13 @ 11:10 am
Can someone tell me what audio out options they are using to get sound out of the DDJ-SX with VDJ Pro please

发表时间 Thu 10 Jan 13 @ 7:39 pm
@djJamesLake

Input-None
Output-Headphones : Master Ch 1&2 ,Headphones Ch 3&4
SoundCard: PioneerDDj-SX ASIO

发表时间 Thu 10 Jan 13 @ 9:41 pm
Rnow3 wrote :
@djJamesLake

Input-None
Output-Headphones : Master Ch 1&2 ,Headphones Ch 3&4
SoundCard: PioneerDDj-SX ASIO

I tried that and sound came out without direct to the amp without having any faders up on the mixer so not sure what is going on. I had it set in software other mode

发表时间 Fri 11 Jan 13 @ 10:49 am
Not sure whats wrong, maybe remap the cross fader assign switches I had to remap mine because they did'nt work properly try doing that. Copy and Paste the orignal text somewhere first tho.

cross_assign "right"
cross_assign "thru"
cross_assign "left"

发表时间 Fri 11 Jan 13 @ 11:08 am
So I did the firmware update, put the ddj sx in other than serato mode, have the mapper downloaded and have the audio settings put to what everyone has said and the controller still wont work with virtual dj. Any ideas, a quick response would be awesome as I need this to be working in 8 hours. Thank you

发表时间 Sat 12 Jan 13 @ 3:12 pm
tannerr44 wrote :
So I did the firmware update, put the ddj sx in other than serato mode, have the mapper downloaded and have the audio settings put to what everyone has said and the controller still wont work with virtual dj. Any ideas, a quick response would be awesome as I need this to be working in 8 hours. Thank you

Same here, running firmware 1.02 and having to use an external sound card as cant get the internal to work. It just straight out the master output regardless of whether the faders are up or down.

发表时间 Sat 12 Jan 13 @ 3:38 pm
You downloaded the ASIO drivers?

发表时间 Sat 12 Jan 13 @ 5:16 pm
Rnow3 wrote :
You downloaded the ASIO drivers?

I installed the asio drivers off the disc yes

发表时间 Sat 12 Jan 13 @ 5:30 pm
64%