快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: This controller will be awesome if mapped to VDJ8 (Pioneer DDJ-SX) - Page: 10

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Is your gear switched to non serato mode?

发表时间 Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 3:57 am
Tjeck1972 wrote :
Is your gear switched to non serato mode?

Yes it is in non serato mode

发表时间 Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 10:36 am
splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I finally took my DDJ-SX to a live gig today. Everything went smooth with VDJ and the controller. Big thank you to Phamtom DJ for the mapper and everyone else who contributed. Although VDJ has its faults, it is still the most versatile DJ software. I feel like I can make magic with this. Anyone who is still having problems with the ddj-sx, make sure you try using the default skin. I was having problems when I tried to use the custom ns6 skin. Use a brand new skin and re-customize as needed.

发表时间 Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 5:23 pm
splao wrote :
I finally took my DDJ-SX to a live gig today. Everything went smooth with VDJ and the controller. Big thank you to Phamtom DJ for the mapper and everyone else who contributed. Although VDJ has its faults, it is still the most versatile DJ software. I feel like I can make magic with this. Anyone who is still having problems with the ddj-sx, make sure you try using the default skin. I was having problems when I tried to use the custom ns6 skin. Use a brand new skin and re-customize as needed.

I found that as well very strange but if you use some custom skins half of the controls wont work especially the effects. Not quite sure why

发表时间 Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 5:39 pm
Im happy to mapp it for anyone who wants it.. mapping is not that hard to do.. you just need to read up on it...

发表时间 Mon 14 Jan 13 @ 4:58 pm
I found one thing that doesn't work as it should; A Thru B. This should assign the audio from the left deck to the right deck and right to left but when I move the slider nothing happens. It worked fine on the ns6. I checked my ns6 mapper to compare the mappers but the ns6 shows XFADE, while the ddj-sx has CFASSIGN. I would appreciate it if anyone can help me correct the mapping.

发表时间 Mon 14 Jan 13 @ 9:09 pm
Rnow3PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Rnow3 wrote :
Not sure whats wrong, maybe remap the cross fader assign switches I had to remap mine because they did'nt work properly try doing that. Copy and Paste the orignal text somewhere first tho.

cross_assign "right"
cross_assign "thru"
cross_assign "left"

@splao

发表时间 Mon 14 Jan 13 @ 9:50 pm
Works like a charm; thank you very much

发表时间 Mon 14 Jan 13 @ 10:15 pm
@ALL:
I would really apreciate if you could contact me regarding your issues and how you solved them in order to check/compare and fix the mapper if needed.
The mapper has been released to the community for ALL users to use. If someone finds an issue and keeps the solution for himself then it seems he doesn't get the idea of SHARING something for FREE.

Now some additional notes:
DDJ-SX is a way too complex unit.
For instance the "A, THRU, B" switch is a GROUP of three switches for Pioneer. The most important thing is that both 3 switches change status all-together in a Matrix way. It's too technical to explain, but there was a very good reason why the "while_pressed" command was used there. Also since using a 2 decks skin "binds" the controls of deck 1 & 3 together (same rule goes for decks 2 & 4) there was a very damn good reason why the "get decks 4 ?" command was used too!
If you change the command to just "cross_assing 'something'" it will not work correctly with 2 deck skins!

Speaking of skins:
Several skins designed for specific controllers have "special" commands on them designed for these units.
The DDJ-SX mapper relies only on itself (in other words in a skin that does not contain any "special" commands) to operate correctly. If you use a skin that's designed for another controller then there's a good chance that some commands of that skin mess with the commands the DDJ-SX mapper sends and operates. I guess I could create a skin for DDJ-SX too to resolve all these issues, but A) I don't own the controller to perform any tests, and B) I have to be sure that the mapper operates 100% correctly.

Finally:
I have seen some videos of a couple of users on YouTube using this mapper, I have read several info for this mapper's flaws, and I have received some PM's asking for help on making this mapper work on some systems.
Still I haven't received a single PM or any other form of feedback that would help me improve the mapper!!!
As I said above, if someone has find an issue/flaw and a work-around, it would be nice if he could contact me. I could work with him providing beta versions of the mapper and finally update the mapper so that ANY USER COULD BENEFIT from it.
Remember: I don't own the unit and I have never even touched the unit!
The mapper you are using has become a reallity only because 2 users were kind enough to share their findings with me and help me fix the flaws they were able to spot!
PS: If anyone wants to know, there was about 250 beta versions of this mapper before it could go live with version 1.0!!!

Thanks!!!

发表时间 Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 1:47 am
Sorry Phantom, I thought posting on the forum was sharing with the community. I stated that I found a part of the mapping that was not functional and someone helped me with the mapping here on the forum for all to see. I assume that the people who are interested or own the controller, would monitor this tread just like I do and get the updates.

The mapping is now perfect. Everything works great. I played at an event for 5 hours and had no problems. This is the best controller so far. Thank you very much for making the mapper.

发表时间 Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 2:03 am
Could you please send me a PM with your EXACT issue, the solution of your issue and your e-mail adress?
Not all users monitor this post. And the idea of a mapper is that you don't have to edit it to work as it should. You should only have to edit it in order to customize it's buttons and their functions.
That's why I'm asking for the feedback!

发表时间 Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 2:59 am
I've been monitoring this thread and will keep checking it everyday as I'm a future user of this unit (still waiting for the shipment).

Phantom is right, if you guys have any issues and have fixed it yourselves, please share the solutions for the benefit
of the users and will be user of this unit.

That is why I love this forum/community because people here are helping each other :)

发表时间 Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 7:14 pm
Which controller is better tha pioner ddj-ergo o the american audio vms4.1

发表时间 Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 10:27 pm
@djnova06

Please start your own thread rather than hijacking another which has nothing to do with your question.

You can also search the forum as there are many threads requesting comparisons between controllers and your question may have been answered already.

Thank you

Keith

发表时间 Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 11:26 pm
cstoll wrote :
The jog illumination problem has nothing to do with HID vs MIDI.

Second, the unit is not HID with Serato. Serato sold the industry on their so called HIDI concept and everyone bought the kool-aid as something spectacular. What HIDI stands for and is the 'practice of' is sending MIDI commands through a HID tunnel. It IS NOT (and I repeat IS NOT) REAL HID. It is and always will be a marketing gimick.

To put people's minds at ease for the time being; we are working on an official mapping for the DDJ-SX. PhantomDeeJay's work and mapping has given all of you faithful user's an awesome mapping that is very well done. And we greatly appreciate that hard work. We are watching this thread for comments (and ideas) so that we don't disrupt to much of the great work he has already done.

So, hopefully shortly after the New Year; we will provide our mapping for download that will be the added to future installations.

Again, thanks PhantomDeeJay for the great work and everyone's support in making VirtualDJ work with such a great piece of hardware.

Cheers.

Greetings friends atomix ..
A question ... When they say that shortly after the New Year will leave the official mapper ddj sx, really mean that about the middle of 2013?

发表时间 Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 12:06 am
I don't want to sound harsh, but how exactly does this contributes to the thread?
An OFFICIAL and therefore WELL TESTED mapper IS coming. That should be enough! In the meantime you CAN use a mapper that's working 99.9% correctly with 99% of the users that have downloaded and use it.
Creating, testing and debugging a mapper for a device like this is NOT a thing that can be done within a few hours.
When it's ready it will be released for download. In the mean time if you have something that will contribute on the enhancement of the current mapper I would be more than glad enough to hear it!

Thank you!

发表时间 Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 3:43 am

SBDJMember since 2006
We are just over 2 weeks into the new year, which means there are still 24 weeks to go until the middle of the year. Have some patience - an official mapper is in the works and will be released when ready. Shortly isn't a quantifiable amount of time, and the word hopefully was also thrown in there.

PhantomDeejay has put a lot of work into creating something for the community to use at no real benefit to himself since he doesn't even own a unit.

Some users may even prefer to continue using his after the official release - choice is a wonderful thing.

发表时间 Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 3:51 am
Since some users are monitoring this thread let's say something constructive!

Did you know that...

On the mapper there are 3 empty lines that "leave" some of the mixer's functionality "unused" ?
On the mapper there are the following three elements:
FS_PLAY, FS_SYNC, FS_CUE
All these 3 elements are mapped as "nothing"
These three elements are the device's native fader start commands. Since VirtualDj can handle fader start internally (when you move the software faders) these 3 elements were left intentionally blank.
Even if you want to use "Fader Start" you don't have to mess with these 3 elements. However you can map them to do various things regardless fader start if you wish...

These 3 elements (consider them as buttons) "fire" only if you hold "SHIFT" button:
FS_PLAY will "fire" if you hold SHIFT and move the channel fader from ZERO to NON-ZERO value
FS_SYNC will "fire" if you hold SHIFT and move the channel fader from ZERO to NON-ZERO value
FS_CUE will "fire" if you hold SHIFT and move the channel fader from NON-ZERO to ZERO value

Since these 3 buttons fire up conditionally you could map yourself some interesting stuff there...

For instance a nice mapping that I could think of it would be to map the FS_PLAY to "loop ? loop : nothing"
That command would remove a running loop the moment you bring the deck on air (assuming that you hold the SHIFT button before you start raising your fader)
Another nice command for FS_PLAY would be "video ? video_transition : nothing"
That would automatically start a video transition the moment you bring the deck on air (assuming that you hold the SHIFT button before you start raising your fader)

There should be a lot of possibilities with these 3 nice elements providing the power VDJ Script power has.
Just experiment with them!
If you mess it up then just return them back to "nothing" and everything will be as before!!!

发表时间 Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 4:15 am
I'd like to just throw it out there that I would be happy to beta test any new official mappers for this controller!

发表时间 Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 5:26 am
Official mappers are beta tested "in the house" by the Team that develops them.

发表时间 Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 5:33 am
71%