快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Question for Teamers - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

G'day,

I am currently offline, with no solution in sight, how would I get a hold of the next update?

Is virtualdj a sly rip-off? Atomix has free updates - one of the main attractions - has this turned out to be a bad idea so you produce the new holy grail .... virtualdj!!! Probably would be a bad idea if it was. Atomixers seem to be a loyal bunch, this would be a kick in da teef!!

just my 50 cent

later,
Liam

发表时间 Sun 22 Jun 03 @ 7:15 am
yes...i would be interested in some feed back on this question too...like...will atomix users be able to upgrade to this new virtualdj for free?...will there be a slight cost to up grade....or is this a completly new program?

发表时间 Sun 22 Jun 03 @ 7:54 am
DJ JimHome userMember since 2003
How often do you think a software company can continue to give free updates, before they go broke and go out of business? I...Myself would like to receive them forever free.
But if it means buying the new software to insure AtomixMP3 stays around a while longer,Then I'm game.

You didn't think anything about buying Windows 98 when it came out. Or 2000, ME, Or even XP. And are you on Microsoft site, Complaining to them about free updates?...I seriously doubt it! And I've had a lot more fun with AtomixMP3, Then Windows anyday!

Alot of you say you are using AtomixMP3 For DJing. When you go replay the same club, do you say " You don't have to pay me again, You already payed me once" I don't think so!

When I bought AtomixMP3, I bought it as it was. But when they come out with a update, It's like getting a free Christmas present. And when they put out VirtualDJ, I'll be ordering it also!!!

Not because I need another DJ program, But because I need a place to come and blow off steam.

Thanks, DJ Jim

发表时间 Tue 24 Jun 03 @ 4:14 am
well......i bought my atomix about a month back now....tried the demo and loved it so i bought it...if i had known they were comming out with another, better program i would have waited...and free upgrades for a year won`t kill them. even if they don`t offer a frre upgrade i hope they offer a demo...i would like to try it....as it is......i LOVE my atomix....lol.well...not in a perverted sense but i really enjoy using it and learning about it

发表时间 Tue 24 Jun 03 @ 8:03 pm
I came so close in buying AtomixMP3 until I heard about VirtualDJ. Went on vacation came back and seen the countdown clock. Then I’d said I’ll wait.

The only purpose I see in paying for an upgrade is that they made a significant improvement on the last version. Very significant improvement. Like a looping functions that holds the loop while you change to another track, or something grand like that.

If it’s minor upgrades that could improve the sound or better BPM counter or they tweaked a little here or maybe something they needed to improve on because there may have been problems before then that should be free.

If not you be best assured that you would read bloody murder on this forum.

发表时间 Tue 24 Jun 03 @ 9:22 pm
"Like a looping functions that holds the loop while you change to another track, or something grand like that."

I think you can already do it with the overloop effect, by letting it on as you change the track. I'm not 100% sure, though.

发表时间 Wed 25 Jun 03 @ 3:18 pm
DJ_Jim,
It is a nice discussion that you provide, and your arguments are interesting but they fall short in the case of our favourite mixing software. Unlike AtomixMP3, Microsoft has never offered free update.

AtomixMP3 did. Now they have to deal with it. A good way to deal with it is to call the new update something different so that it is no longer a new (free) update but a software you have to buy. It is a faire strategy as I assume that the development of the super-update (VDJ) has a cost in $$$.

As of the guys who very recently bought Atomix, I hope they will benefit a special offer for VDJ ... Look at what Propellerheads did to the people who bought Reason 2.0 just a couple of months before the surprise release of 2.5 ... free upgrade.

Have a nice day

发表时间 Wed 25 Jun 03 @ 10:16 pm
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi all

I think you need to differentiate between a bug fix or patch and major upgrade, bug fixes and patches yes i think should stay freely available but upgrades, well thats another thing.

I am a little dissapointed on how much info has been given to us on VirtualDJ prior to its release, lets face it we are all likely to be its main bulk of customers, but i don't expect to get something for nothing. A lot of time an effort goes into developing new software and its only right those involved reep the benifits of their hard work.

I am hoping current members may be given an incentive or discount if they choose to purchase VirtualDJ, time will tell.

cheers all

Stu

发表时间 Thu 26 Jun 03 @ 9:48 am
G'day,

All sounds a bit suspect to me as I never received an answer to my question.

I don't think it was an oversight, the free update ploy, it was very "cute" - I hope it comes up and bites ye on the arse!!

Atomix was popular partly due to word of mouth, positive things. Not much positive will leave my cakehole if my fears turn out to be true!!

Later,
Liam

发表时间 Fri 27 Jun 03 @ 2:10 am
well........even if it is a ploy....that is just a business ploy. they have a good product with atomixmp3 player and if i have to pay for virtualdj....i will.....but not right away...i am looking forward to the release.

发表时间 Fri 27 Jun 03 @ 6:25 am
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
please be patient !

发表时间 Fri 27 Jun 03 @ 4:11 pm
ShaggyTHome userMember since 2001
I brought this up on the forum immediately when I heard Atomix was simply changing the name of the software for the next update. I knew it was a cover for cutting off old customers to free updates, and it pissed me off.

Selling Atomix with free updates was the primary reason I paid for it. By revoking this promise, the Atomix team loses whatever credibility they had prior. This is what you call "bait and switch".

The fact that Atomix is still selling 2.2 without any apparant upgrade path to virtualdj shows that this is a ploy to generate more revenue. They're ripping people off.

发表时间 Mon 30 Jun 03 @ 6:20 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
What a poor message..

First, we've never said that ALL features should be free, but only 2.xx upgrades.
Then, we've never said that there won't be any new Atomix upgrade anymore.

Virtual DJ is a brand new software. Developping such a software has a cost. Would you work yourself for free ?

I apologize but if you can't understand that, I'm sure there is a problem on your side.

发表时间 Mon 30 Jun 03 @ 6:26 pm
First, we've never said that ALL features should be free, but only 2.xx upgrades.
Then, we've never said that there won't be any new Atomix upgrade anymore.

Virtual DJ is a brand new software. Developping such a software has a cost. Would you work yourself for free ?

I apologize but if you can't understand that, I'm sure there is a problem on your side. END QUOTE

well dams......i have to agree with you.....virtualdj is NEW software....even me with my limited brain capacity ( pea brain ) knew that...atomix will have more upgrades...i hope...and when i can afford it i will also be a virtual d j owner...i want to thank you for such a fine product as atomix and i hope virtualdj is as good a product

发表时间 Mon 30 Jun 03 @ 6:48 pm
1) VirtualDJ is NOT Atomixmp3. It is a whole new software, based on an entirely NEW sound engine. Although the feel is similar, the time and expense to develop a whole new sound engine is justfied by releasing a new software. Even if you upgrade from atomix to vdj, you are getting a new software package, not an upgrade.

2)Wait and see. Once you are able to try the VDJ demo, you will see that it is quite different from atomix. It is not a modification of atomix code, it is all new. It keeps many familar features of atomix, but the amount of new features (new sound engine) is FAR greater than could ever be justified with a free upgrade.

3)It's not a tricky move to steal your money. The atomix team has spent countless weeks and hours ensuring that the new VDJ software will be able to handle the planned updates. The fact is, the atomix sound engine has reached it's fullest potential. In order to bring you guys the features we have all ben asking for, there was no other choice than to start from scratch and build a new software. Keep in mind that VDJ will be able to handle complex (free) updates in the future that atomixmp3 would never be able to do. Like someone said above, it's like windows OS. Once you have reached the full potential of the software, it is necessary to start from scratch again. Although windows has looked visually similar for the last several releases, it's what is on the inside that has changed completely...

4)VDJ is awesome. It will be well worth it... trust me ;-)

Regards,
Digitize

发表时间 Mon 30 Jun 03 @ 7:13 pm
Well DAMN! Take my money now! "I want my VDJ"!

If that explination wasn't enough to convice me, I don't know what will.

发表时间 Mon 30 Jun 03 @ 8:21 pm
I have no problem with paying for vdj if it's as new and different as the teamers have been saying. Microsoft would be in shambles if people had to pay but only once and then everything after that would be free.And if they did that, all the future products would be shit.

I want atomix to stay around. There's no scam here. Without money, atomix goes bankrupt... it's not that difficult of a concept.

phatty720
dave

发表时间 Mon 30 Jun 03 @ 8:52 pm
WELL SAID phatty :)
good to see there are still a few "loyal" atomixers out there!

发表时间 Mon 30 Jun 03 @ 9:11 pm
"Although windows has looked visually similar for the last several releases, it's what is on the inside that has changed completely"

Well said, this is what most people who still stick to using Windows 2000 doesn't understand.. But if you don't care for the inside..

发表时间 Wed 02 Jul 03 @ 12:17 pm
G'day,

me thinks these "loyal" members have just accepted that they cant change what is going to happen and are now kissing ASS - have some principles lads.........I DO understand the mitigating factors but I paid for a product with free updates and have got two, now VDJ strolls along....ta.

Peaces out!

later
Liam

发表时间 Sat 05 Jul 03 @ 8:59 am
77%