快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Batch Analyse Online Cloud music - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Is there a way to batch analyse online music playlists, only seems to scan one?

发表时间 Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 5:28 pm
I don't think so because that would require downloading all of the songs, which i don't think the streaming service providers allow in their contracts with the software manufacturers. Should work for downloaded songs though (e.g. BeatSource, iDJPool). Correct me if i'm wrong.

发表时间 Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 8:54 pm
That's correct. You can't batch analyse something that's not on your computer. It's a streaming service. The tracks can't be analysed remotely.

发表时间 Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 10:57 pm
So is that the case with all software?

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 12:07 am
Both Rekordbox and Serato can batch analyse playlists from Beatport LINK with no issues. Plus - why doesn't VDJ just use the keys from Beatport if this is the case for VDJ?

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 12:12 am
VirtualDJ can analyze multiple where download to cache is supported

(Beatport, SoundCloud, iDJPool etc)

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 12:16 am
Here is a batch analyze with Soundcloud for example

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 12:18 am
It is Beatport for me that it is not doing it with

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 12:23 am
TVD UK wrote :
It is Beatport for me it is not doing it.

You have Beatport with cache (aka, download) ?
The LINK comes in 3 variants.. Link (no cache), Link Pro (50 songs), Link Pro+ (100 songs).

Didnt try with Beatport, the feature might be limited, or not available, since Beatport dont allow download songs with cheapest sub, and few songs with the other subs.
And obviously to be able to analyze anything, the file needs to be available (downloaded) first ;-) (if batch download is available, analyze could also be)

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 12:25 am
And all songs ever played on decks, are remembered (and analyzed)
So can just load the songs to deck.. Not quite batch analyze, but will grow with content played

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 12:26 am
OK Thanks, so basically preload them

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 12:31 am
Tested with Beatport Link here (with cache).
Works, but its a bit of a delay between each song (about a min), and it runs as a background process so it will take a bit of time..

This might be something Beatport has asked for.. not sure.
The providers all have their limitations and requirements

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 12:43 am
Yeah I see it now, a good minute between scans, so may need an overnight run to scan a set. So clearly online music CAN be scanned just takes much longer to do.

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 6:31 am
Just tried it. Now much slower at scanning - and keys detected are still wrong.

Not practical - I can scan 100 tracks in Rekordbox (straight from cloud, not cached) in 2-3 minutes, and the key detection is spot on.

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 7:29 am
TVD UK wrote :
So clearly online music CAN be scanned

You're not scanning "online music". It's being downloaded first (so it's local, not online) and then it's being scanned.

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 8:40 am
If you say so
"You have Beatport with cache (aka, download) ?
The LINK comes in 3 variants.. Link (no cache), Link Pro (50 songs), Link Pro+ (100 songs)."

I am using Link (no cache) according to above post

So either I am caching it or I am not.

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 10:41 am
OK, so the tracks need to be streamed first (basically 'downloaded', just not cached). As we keep telling you, they can't be analysed until they've got to your computer.

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 11:10 am
I use Pro (50 songs), never once have I downloaded a track locally. When I analyse the tracks in Rekordbox - nomatter how may times I load it, every single time it comes from the cloud (verified via network activity), so it is not being cached - but it does retain the track information (waveform, BPM, key) in the database locally. Serato behaviour is identical. Even with the "UseKeyFromTag" value set to Yes - it does not use the key stored by Beatport at all (latest Mac build).

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 11:10 am
ADJ Scotland wrote :
every single time it comes from the cloud

Then it is to all intents and purposes downloading - being transferred from their computer to yours. You cannot analyse something if it's not on your computer.

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 11:25 am
So how does Rekordbox and Serato do it? I don't need to play the tracks on either of those in order to get a correct key detection, like with VDJ?

Please understand, I'm not saying this to be awkward or combative - I genuinely want to understand why VDJ can't seem to do this. Playing 100-150 tracks in a playlist before I can see the keys isn't realistic - and I mix harmonically, so it's a pretty, ahem, "key" feature for me.

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 11:42 am
80%