快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: [OFFICIAL] ContentUnlimited Audio & Grooveshark - Page: 6

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I just subscribed on the Content Unlimited Audio yesterday. I read about what's going on w/ Grooveshark & it was too late but still want to hang on w/ the Audio subscription. Well, my question is "Are we still going to be charged for next months subscription if it's not working properly?"

发表时间 Sun 03 May 15 @ 2:27 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Subs are moved on until the situation is fixed, if it is fixed, let's say 2 weeks from now, you won't be billed again until a month from then.

发表时间 Sun 03 May 15 @ 2:49 pm
When will this feature be available again?

发表时间 Sun 03 May 15 @ 10:08 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
ASAP.

发表时间 Sun 03 May 15 @ 10:12 pm
I used the netsearch for 2 request at a wedding gig this Saturday. Knowning that the quality of service is currently lowered, I pre-listened to both before I played them, and they both worked fine

Thank you Atomix for a quick-fix in a tight situation!

/Klaus

发表时间 Mon 04 May 15 @ 12:14 am
jamesvanek wrote :
I warned everyone on this forum about this nearly 4 years ago when the lawsuits first started showing up in the news.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
old post Posted Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 1:58 pm
Just got wind of the news and passing it on to you Premium members that subscribe to the DRM netsearch service provided by Virtual DJ and Grooveshark.

Here are the links:

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/legal-and-management/grooveshark-lawsuit-reveals-details-of-universal-1005549582.story

http://thenextweb.com/apps/2011/11/22/grooveshark-is-about-to-be-sued-into-oblivion-by-universal-music-group/

And then this by the Wall Street Journal:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203710704577052691637532470.html

The netsearch subscription is one of my favorite things about Virtual DJ and it is going to be a sad loss. Hopefully Virtual DJ is working on a new solution.

DJ James
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was ridiculed and told that their was nothing to worry about.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
old post Posted Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 2:21 pm
jamesvanek,

Please don't post comments like this as they are baseless. We are not "about to lose Grooveshark".

They have been through this time and time again, first with EMI, which they settled, then with a ton of indies, which they settled, and now with Universal. It's hardly a surprise and certainly not the cause for alarm that your post would indicate. I bet we'll see the two company work out a mutual agreement that will BENEFIT our NetSearch service ;)

Thanks,

Andrew
Atomix should have started searching for an alternative waaayyyy back then.

I called it.

DJ James

Exactly right.

They should have had something in place....

Instead of"beginning to search" as described in their statement.

发表时间 Mon 04 May 15 @ 6:10 am
Oh and BTW I'm a "home user" right now because vers 8 really needs to lose the bugs i experienced with it.

发表时间 Mon 04 May 15 @ 6:12 am

I feel as a paid up member… Virtual dj has our info on file and therefor an automated email should have been sent out to all members instead we have to find out by firstly noticing the CU not working . then having to go through Forums to find out. If anything an Announcement could of been placed on the home page as breaking news…
I still don't understand what actually happens to the DRM’s as some of these songs could have been sourced illegally so by rights they should be deleted? If a replacement provider is excepted they may insist on having the old DRM’s removed so there is no connection with Grooveshark … This all seems a mess to me and Virual dj should have taken up a more indepth legal investigation months ago to enable the company to make plans and cut ties with Grooveshark… …

发表时间 Mon 04 May 15 @ 6:39 am
I still can,t get anything, even on netsearch version 7.4.3: ok what I like to know how will I be credit back this days

发表时间 Mon 04 May 15 @ 8:43 am
Is the playing of music from YouTube or wherever netsearch pulls the tracks from legal also?

发表时间 Mon 04 May 15 @ 9:02 am
I like to know do we close this account, will they be able to charged us for next months subscription. iam still try to use the temporary Netsearch catalog or latest version 7.4.3:not working for me!!! is it me or I missing something.

发表时间 Mon 04 May 15 @ 9:03 am
druffo1002 wrote :
ARE YOU KIDDING ME THAT YOUR SOLUTION WAS TO REPLACE GROOVESHARK WITH YOUTUBE FILES???? OMG. I ALMOST HAD ABOUT 10 MAJOR PROBLEMS AT AN EVENT. THIS CONTENT IS EVEN MORE UNRELIABLE THAN GROOVESHARK. I SMELL A LAWSUIT WITH VIRTUAL DJ NAMED AS THE DEFENDANT. GREAT JOB GUYS. REALLY GREAT.

Really?? Do you not read? NET SEARCH has always been there... With V8, you could turn it off so you would only see content unlimited. I am on the latest V8 and used the net search this weekend to get a few tracks that were ODD requests at a family event and they were perfect. Just as good as CU. Now, that being said, I see many people complaining that CU is gone... WAS CU your ONLY source? If it was, you shouldnt be a DJ.. CU was my backup source in case of an odd request at an event.. I pay about $50-60 a month on top of the CU price for 2 record pool services (ERG DIGITAL POOL and BPM SUPREME). if you dont have a main source besides CU, get one now or stop being a DJ :)

Just sayin ....

发表时间 Mon 04 May 15 @ 11:23 am
Caliweatha wrote :
Man this truly sucks I needed Unlimited Content for my niece prom. I hope it's resolved by May 8th until then I'll have to keep looking elsewhere smh. I should have brought it last week like I started to, well it is what it is for now .

Shouldnt you have what you need from a regular source? Im just sayin.... If your only source is CU, you need to get another source as your main source for music. CU for me was only for backup and that ODD request. I spend a good amount of time and money each month adding to my library from subscription services...

发表时间 Mon 04 May 15 @ 11:24 am
roadstar06 wrote :
Oh and BTW I'm a "home user" right now because vers 8 really needs to lose the bugs i experienced with it.

What bugs? I use V8 at some pretty large events that I could not afford to have issues with and have had NONE.. Using V8 with CDJ 800's, timecode a DDJ-SP1 and a DENON DN-X600 mixer as the DVS and some midi and no issues at all..

发表时间 Mon 04 May 15 @ 11:31 am
I agree everyone (actually pro DJs ) should have a normal source of music that isn't cloud based and should only use content unlimited or now net search for extra (special cases when they want a couple new songs that they are being bothered to play that that don't have at the party)

Funny though, these extra cases and times to need extra songs happens more than I would expect since I have a huge collection and they always seem to get me on some kid movies or some special club songs. Anyhow whomever used net search recently was lucky since they knew the songs they were playing or had someone else listen in and preview the song. Some songs you can't tell from the song name or artist if you don't know what either sounds like to confirm it's actually the song you want.

One example is the songs from frozen I looked up a few days ago and it listed 2 which were in another language. It would be funny if these people whom played net search didn't realize they were playing the wrong version of the song but the audience and person requested didn't care so much to make the correction.

Another example I had was the song wasn't from the original artist nor a studio version but someone 5 year old kid (guessing). I will have to note down the song names and artists next time this happens.

发表时间 Mon 04 May 15 @ 12:30 pm
I still might not have made it clear. Someone asks for the VersionA Remix of SongX and you preview it and it sounds a little different than the standard version you always play and you assume it is the VersionA Remix but it turns out being a nice version of VersionJ which sounds completely different. How would you know? You trust the once or twice songs you grab from net search or you don't play any requests you don't have which is also another bad idea since this is the day and age that people these days 'expect' the DJ to have access to online search engines.

You can't win either way but just pray you have a good sense of humor and can take the bleep that goes along with song selection. Sheesh...

发表时间 Mon 04 May 15 @ 2:01 pm
SPOTIFY!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

发表时间 Mon 04 May 15 @ 2:52 pm
nassausky wrote :
I still might not have made it clear. Someone asks for the VersionA Remix of SongX and you preview it and it sounds a little different than the standard version you always play and you assume it is the VersionA Remix but it turns out being a nice version of VersionJ which sounds completely different. How would you know? You trust the once or twice songs you grab from net search or you don't play any requests you don't have which is also another bad idea since this is the day and age that people these days 'expect' the DJ to have access to online search engines.

You can't win either way but just pray you have a good sense of humor and can take the bleep that goes along with song selection. Sheesh...

This is why I have most every request.. Honestly except for a few strange requests, I have mostly everything... I did need to get WRECK IT RALPH theme song this weekend which I would never normally have...

发表时间 Mon 04 May 15 @ 3:09 pm
DJ James, you called it????? What does that get you, the Miss Cleo award? Or does it make you feel good to be right? Your premonition of "about to lose Grooveshark" in 2011, is baseless and irrelevant today. This is 2015, and it just sounds like a bunch of "I told you so" silliness. You actually went back, and got all your old post, just to say "I told you so"? I mean, who does that? I don't know, maybe it's an age thing, because the grownups I know, don't derive pleasure from the misery of others, while rubbing their face in it. As to the rest of the if they woulda, shoulda, coulda, what they did or didn't do, how does that help anything today? All we can do is wait and see how this plays out, because "it's like that, and that's the way it is, huh". This is a minor inconvenience for most of us, and we have gotten over it already. If your existence depended on contentunlimited, then you have a problem. We all have the same options. We can wait to see how this works out, find an alternative, or continue to rant. Ranting is free. For those of you afraid of losing your $10.00, the company has already addressed this in the thread. I don't know about the rest of you, but no matter what I read, I start at the beginning, so I don't miss anything.

发表时间 Mon 04 May 15 @ 3:32 pm
Well the audio GS subscription worked great while it lasted, over four years for me with no real hitches until now.
I very hopeful that Team Atomix is working on procuring some other music content provider to replace GS. I'm also hoping that is will be just as reasonable, cost effective, and easy to use as GS was? Like I said, it worked fine for over four years for me.
Thank you Team Atomix for having such an awesome software for the VJ's, KJ's and DJ's. Still one of the best platforms ever! I'm sure Team Atomix will be taking it to the next level very soon with a new music/audio subscription service....
Thank you
Sincerely
DJ Mauro

发表时间 Mon 04 May 15 @ 4:15 pm
25%