快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 43
brille1PRO InfinityMember since 2018
Sorry, my fault. Didn't find it at first …

Yet, Quick Filters doesn't seem to work for me:

("Dateipfad" => "File Path")

PS: This doesn't even work if condition is like "File Path contains 'Power Music'")

发表时间 Mon 15 Jul 24 @ 10:51 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Quick filters filter what's in view, so if you are browsing an empty folder it will indeed not show anything.
If you want to search the entire database you could create a regular filter folder

发表时间 Tue 16 Jul 24 @ 6:28 am
Hmm … then the FilePath filter doesn't actually make any sense, does it?

Nah, using these filters I will have the same hassle on stage that I'm having right now. I will have to create one for each situation. That's what I'm doing right now and that's not a feasible solution, I'm afraid.

Actually, adding a "include sub folders" checkbox context menu item to the list of Browser search options couldn't be less effort compared to the added value:

- Add a CheckBox context menu item ("Include sub folders")
- Change the current database query filter predicate from "=" to "LIKE" when the context menu item is checked. ("AND FilePath LIKE '{CurrentFolder.FilePath}%'")

发表时间 Tue 16 Jul 24 @ 7:37 am
IMO there's no need to make folders on your drive, add sub folders, then put only certain files in each folder.

DJ software uses a database, so once all your files are correctly tagged and added to the database, you can find anything - regardless of where it is on your drive.

Use playlists and smartlists to organise things into groups. Find genres, years, tempo ranges etc. without needing to divide files up into folders all over your drive.

发表时间 Tue 16 Jul 24 @ 7:56 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The context menu item is there, but it's on the folder itself, and called 'recurse'
In combination with the rememberRecurse option, you only need to set this once for the root folder, then when you open the root folder it will show the subfolders as well (and searching will separate the folders+subfolders from the rest of the database results)

发表时间 Tue 16 Jul 24 @ 8:10 am
FilePath = Location on disk

FilePath starts with "C:\Music\".

发表时间 Tue 16 Jul 24 @ 1:01 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I know this has been mentioned before but thought I would have another go as Virtual DJ becomes even more functional.

Could the 'Sideview' GeniusDJ tab have a ''Show Only' function the same as the main browser windows to isolate 'Video' 'Music' & 'Karaoke' depending on users needs.

I 'DJ' exclusively with video but have to take gigs where Karaoke is required and also work in Cabaret venues with regular performers who's backing tracks I keep on my PC for their convenience, DJing in between their performances.

When I am 'DJing' the 'Remixes' 'Recommended Next' & 'Linked Tracks' history are full of Karaoke and audio tracks to the point where I have to scroll down to find the video tracks that would be useful for me.
I can use a color rule to grey out unwanted results but I have to turn this on and off each time and it doesn't prevent the list filling up with unwanted suggestions, I have also partitioned my drive so I can tell Virtua DJ to ignore the drives with audio or karaoke on but again it's a manual process I have to do each time.

If (in the Genius DJ section) you could select what media to show it would be a great help as although I may not be a 'typical' user, there must be DJ's with Karaoke on their system that experience the same issue as me whether they use video or audio or both when doing live DJ sets.

PS, while writing this message it did occur to me that there may be a way to script a button to ignore or allow specific drives that I could program when DJing. If this would work as a workaround and anyone knows the correct syntax, any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.

发表时间 Sun 21 Jul 24 @ 8:55 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
can we have fixed width for columns please :(
can we have save presets for columns please :(

发表时间 Tue 23 Jul 24 @ 3:35 am
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
Multiple folder selection please 🙏🏻
moving 100 directories inside virtual DJ becomes an awful task.
i known i can change de database.xml and moving on windows explorer but i want to have a fast workflow not just advanced tricks.

发表时间 Sat 27 Jul 24 @ 3:17 pm
groovindj wrote :
IMO there's no need to make folders on your drive, add sub folders, then put only certain files in each folder.

DJ software uses a database, so once all your files are correctly tagged and added to the database, you can find anything - regardless of where it is on your drive.

Use playlists and smartlists to organise things into groups. Find genres, years, tempo ranges etc. without needing to divide files up into folders all over your drive.

You seem to not have gotten the point.

I'm performing live, so that's nothing to be planned.

Moreover, that's what folders are made for: Organizing things. Even the tree on the left side of the VirtualDJ browser follows this purpose. Only the find function does not.

发表时间 Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 9:56 am
I also perform live (as many DJs do), and have done so since the late 70s.

Every time I DJ it's done live and on the fly, and there are no issue whatsoever working the way I suggested.

发表时间 Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 10:26 am
user18457999 wrote :

Moreover, that's what folders are made for: Organizing things. Even the tree on the left side of the VirtualDJ browser follows this purpose. Only the find function does not.

I think there is a case for both uses.

It's tiny bit of work but what you need to do is set up standard Filters (not quick filters) for each of your 'master folders'.
So create a new filter and the first condition should be to set the 'Drive' to whichever drive all your files are on, (if they span multiple drives then you need to create an advanced filter with a bracketed OR condition for each drive) this will create a filter that shows ALL your files.
Then create a second condition e.g. Filtepath = "Music Power". This should now only show files from the Music Power folder & it's subfolders. You can search that filter folder to your heart's content.

Create a filter for for each folder you want then arrange them on the tree however you like.

发表时间 Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 10:29 am
Sorry I made a typo, the second condition should be
Filepath = "Music Power".

发表时间 Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 11:25 am
Just to add to the points that @groovindj and @djkrysr are making:

VirtualDJ's view of the media world is captured in its database - it tries to capture a snapshot of where things are and then gives you the tools to organize the media in a more efficient form than actually manipulating the files themselves at the OS level (which is arguably a much slower process).
You are still free to organize files at the OS level, and VirtualDJ does allow for you to move files, but it also must update its database to reflect this (essentially double work now). It's probably better to nail down where you want media files to be (permanently if you can), and do the rest of the organization with VirtualDJ's library features (which are really good IMO compared to most of the other offerings).
Note: all the other major DJ software function in this way/with this expectation as well.

发表时间 Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 12:14 pm
user18457999 wrote :

VirtualDJ doesn't scan your file system in real time. If does not add new folders you create in Explorer or Finder. So adding disk folders, moving files around will not be as you expect.

I use the sidelist for requests or prepping the next mini set etc. when "live" as I read the room and work out what to play next.

If I am DJing a wedding, I will create a VirtualFolder for that event and drag any ceremony music, first dance, etc in that Virtual Folder. Once the wedding is done, the Virtual Folder is deleted but my collection has not changed or moved on disk.

What Groovin was saying is that the database inside VDJ does what you need - in real time.

My general rule of thumb:

* Music and Video files are added to my file system collection as stay put
* I get VDJ to scan for new files in my collection when needed
* I use VirtualFolders and Filters as "performance/live" organisation tools

If my collection remains static, I can backup and restore knowing everything is where it should be and I don't have to worry about random duplicate files and spurious folders appearing on my hard drive, or that I moved a file rather than copying it, meaning my history, playlists and database can no longer reference that file.

I also use watchFolders to keep frequently updated folders in check when I start VDJ.

Out of curiosity, how do you manage personal documents on a computer. Are you constantly moving them around in to folders because you are working on the "live", or do you have your personal files organised and you know where to go to view/edit them etc?

Cheers,

Roy

发表时间 Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 2:46 pm
Next feature request:

Please make browser list colors configurable.

When currently performing live, it's utterly hard to tell which browser panel has focus, because they all look (almost) the same:

So, to me it happens with every gig, that when using keyboard shortcuts for adding songs to the decks these songs are getting sourced from the wrong list as I cannot see which list has focus when PAR lights are flickering round me.

I would very much appreciate to get distinct list colors to tell lists not having focus from the list currently having focus.

Sort of these settings would be helpful:

ForeColorBrowserListItem
BackColorBrowserListItem
OpacityBrowserListItem

ForeColorHighlightedBrowserListItem
BackColorHighlightedBrowserListItem
OpacityHighlightedBrowserListItem

ForeColorSelectedBrowserListItem
BackColorSelectedBrowserListItem
OpacitySelectedBrowserListItem

ForeColorFocussedBrowserListItem
BackColorFocussedBrowserListItem
OpacityFocussedBrowserListItem

ForeColorFocussedHighlightedBrowserListItem
BackColorFocussedHighlightedBrowserListItem
OpacityFocussedHighlightedBrowserListItem

ForeColorFocussedSelectedBrowserListItem
BackColorFocussedSelectedBrowserListItem
OpacityFocussedSelectedBrowserListItem

To give an example, this could result in a browser panel looking like this one:

发表时间 4 days ago @ 1:48 am
GadgetMan wrote :

VirtualDJ doesn't scan your file system in real time. If does not add new folders you create in Explorer or Finder. So adding disk folders, moving files around will not be as you expect.

Hi Roy,

the folder list on the left is being fed by the database. And this folder/sub folder tree is already doing what I'm requesting. How would you otherwise imagine sub folders would be displayed in the folder tree?

So, it's a snap to just implement "search folder and sub folders". Believe me. I really know what I'm requesting here.

发表时间 4 days ago @ 2:19 am