Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 12

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Clean your database

发表时间 Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 6:32 am
CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Wish:

I would like to see an option to mark a song as played for the first time or remove the first play date.

Here is the why:

Let's say that I have 2 of the same song. One I encoded a long time ago at a lower bitrate and the other I just got on a new compilation. I created a new file at a much better bitrate. So, I go into the tag editor, set the play count on the old one to 0 and set the new one to the old play count.

Now I'm stuck with 2 problems.

1. Whenever I use a filter folder to find matching tracks, the old file still pops up in the top of the list even though it's play count is 0. This is because it has a first play date. That's why I would like to be able to remove it. It won't let you in the tag editor.

2. The new file doesn't show up in the top part of the list because it hasn't been played before. Even though it now has a play count. It'll be down the list somewhere.

That's why I would like the ability to add and remove a songs first play date. Does that make sense? It was kind of a ramble.

If you wondering why I just don't get rid of the old song, it's because I like to keep my albums together. If you are further wondering why I don't just play the new song to get a date on it, it's because I've already heard it. I have too many other songs to manage that if the 30-45sec or listening to that track can be spared, I'd like to. So many new releases come in from the record pools I need to hear. It would be very handy for them too.

Thanks.

发表时间 Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 7:48 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
drjust wrote :
a better browser that can actually find songs...when i do searches and attempt to play them i get error messages.

This is likely because you are trying to load files that don't exist. You've probably moved them or renamed them - if you open them in Tag Editor you'll see why they won't load. This is not the fault of the browser.

As locodog says, try cleaning your database from the browser options menu.

发表时间 Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 7:51 am
@Cannen
Get rid of the old song and make a copy of the better bit rate song in that folder

reduce the historydelay time to one second, gather your troublesome files via a filter, run a repeat start script to play each one for a couple of seconds unload and loa an play the next

simples

发表时间 Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 7:55 am
That's a very good idea.

Problem is, I don't usually notice them until I'm at a gig. I have a bunch of duplicates.

I'll give your suggestion a try though.

发表时间 Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 8:05 am
SBDJ wrote :
drjust wrote :
a better browser that can actually find songs...when i do searches and attempt to play them i get error messages.

This is likely because you are trying to load files that don't exist. You've probably moved them or renamed them - if you open them in Tag Editor you'll see why they won't load. This is not the fault of the browser.

As locodog says, try cleaning your database from the browser options menu.

Another option would be to install the My Library plugin. Under Database -> Tools, you will see a filter called, "File Missing". If you click on that, it'll tell you what entries VDJ has in the database for files it can't find. This will allow you to look before the file gets removed from the DB.

Check to see if your songs are in that list. If they are, you can hunt the file down on your drive and/or select it and tell it to Remove From Search DB. When you are finished, you should follow LocoDog's suggestion.

Also, if you are having troubles with the drive where your music is stored, it could be disconnecting when you are looking for your song.

发表时间 Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 8:13 am
yaetownPRO InfinityMember since 2010
It may already be possible but I'd like a "notepad" feature added in the sideview to type quick notes and etc. I do a lot of weddings and rely on looking at a sheet of paper to follow reception itineraries that call for specific songs. The ability to have a notepad in the sideview column would allow for easy access to my performance notes.

发表时间 Sat 16 Jul 16 @ 3:39 am
yaetown wrote :
It may already be possible but I'd like a "notepad" feature added in the sideview to type quick notes and etc. I do a lot of weddings and rely on looking at a sheet of paper to follow reception itineraries that call for specific songs. The ability to have a notepad in the sideview column would allow for easy access to my performance notes.

That's a very good idea. Would also be a great place to write down requests and names. Also, birthday shoutouts, etc.

发表时间 Sat 16 Jul 16 @ 7:25 am
Think about what you have to work with gentlemen,

if you are working from a playlist you can include the 'singer' [from karaoke] field and that offers a disposable editable field to include what ever information you want.

Creative problem solving is working with [and re-purposing] the tools you've already got

发表时间 Sat 16 Jul 16 @ 7:11 pm
yaetownPRO InfinityMember since 2010
locodog wrote :
Think about what you have to work with gentlemen,

if you are working from a playlist you can include the 'singer' [from karaoke] field and that offers a disposable editable field to include what ever information you want.

Creative problem solving is working with [and re-purposing] the tools you've already got

I suppose so....OR we can just have a notepad built into the sideview.... This is a wish list right? I do appreciate the work around tho...

发表时间 Sat 16 Jul 16 @ 7:24 pm
You can sit in the wait for a solution to be handed to you and sit middle of the bell curve, but think of how using singer surpasses a txt file; once you've played the request [and shout out] that info is gone from your set list, the same with itinerary timings [right click, remove]

I'm only saying this because said request has been submitted about 5 or 6 times over the last 4 years, either it adds too much 'bloat' to the program or the devs don't much fancy including it, but you're free to request and wait all you like

Hell, use the ask the dj feature to keep your list [send it yourself]

why not keep a txt file open and alt and tab to jump to it

that's 3 solutions and I'm not even thinking [that hard] about it

发表时间 Sat 16 Jul 16 @ 9:17 pm
yaetown wrote :
It may already be possible but I'd like a "notepad" feature added in the sideview to type quick notes and etc...."

+1
I now use an Ipad or my phone to write down the names of the married couple or the location where I'm at or shoutouts because it's someone's birthday etc..
A text option in the sideview is a great idea

发表时间 Mon 18 Jul 16 @ 7:50 am
My worst bug with ver8 is the fact the up down arrow key only control the search/selection of the tracks in the folder when you click in the box first.

i.e. if you click on any other button on the skin and try and use the up/down arrow keys again the music selection stops working. Unlike v7 where the arrow keys would always control track selection regardless of what you had just clicked on.

Can we get this fixed Pleeeeeeeeeaassssseee

发表时间 Fri 22 Jul 16 @ 4:18 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Just map the arrows as

browser_scroll +1
browser_scroll -1

发表时间 Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 6:29 pm
+1 is down, -1 is up.

发表时间 Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 6:37 pm
1. Path/Navigation History : At the moment you can use CTRL-Back to go to a (one) previous folder, would be cool if you go back further.

2. Be able to press a key and jump to the playlist the current track loaded on the active deck. iTunes has this, the playing song, press command-L and you jump to the playlist the file is playing from. I would use this when playing a song from a prepared playlist and I am browsing other playlists/folders and quickly want to jump to that playlist the song came from and look for the next song.

3. See what is song is in the prelisten. If you have a song playing in the prelisten and you click on another folder/playlist etc, the info pane at the right switches to the current selection, sometimes I wonder what I was previewing and can't see that anywhere. (and yes I do have a memory condition where I cannot remember the name of the song I just clicked before that...)

Thanks!

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 16 @ 3:40 pm
be able to right click on any song and select a playlist to add it to.

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 16 @ 10:48 pm
Or operators so when searching for bpm ranges, you can also search for double or half tempo

发表时间 Thu 11 Aug 16 @ 6:42 am
bazoooPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i would like as an option to be able to remove duplicates in playlists. Although this option is there it is based on the whole file whereas i would like it to be on Title and Artist only.

发表时间 Thu 11 Aug 16 @ 9:15 am
Having a "edit" and "perform" mode or "prep" and "perform" The idea is that skins (or the default skin) then could take these two modes into account. For example in prep mode you want to see drives/paths maybe song bitrate etc. in perform mode that's irrelevant and you'd rather see bpm key harmonic etc.

In a grander scale of things I think this would mean being able to have different "settings" you can change on the fly. ( I do this now with Applescripts )

发表时间 Sun 14 Aug 16 @ 11:53 am
29%