快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Is pitch shift possible? - Page: 2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Video is not available here. Wrong link or local restriction not sure.

Cant really follow your thoughts. All decks have the same pitch range. If you change the pitch range of a deck, the setting is global. Using PitchLock action too, provides the ability to speed up/slow down the songs with the same pitch value.

发表时间 Sat 12 Oct 13 @ 5:45 pm
s2pidHome userMember since 2011

发表时间 Mon 14 Oct 13 @ 2:30 am
So, is it possible???
I guess it is not difficult to add this kind of function (at least in the V 8)
THX

发表时间 Wed 20 Nov 13 @ 3:20 am
Why does it need to be possible?

I see what it does, but in over 30 years of DJing (on all sorts of kit) I've never been in a situation where that would've been useful.

发表时间 Thu 21 Nov 13 @ 11:51 am
press the pitch lock button, near the pitchfader on the default skin.

发表时间 Thu 21 Nov 13 @ 4:23 pm
If you run out of tthe range, you already have 2-3 deck arranged (manually synced), and you need 1-2 or 3% more.
And why would change the range value (resulting bigger steps, inaccurate arrange) if I could do it like this?

I still got no idea why VDJ applies "global pitch range" only and why it can not be user configurable (to be able to get individual ranges per deck)

But as the video shows, you can stay on +-8%, and if you run out of it, you easily go back to the -8% (with the shift pressed) and continue adjusting the tempo.

So your + 8% will be at the -8, and 0 becomes +16% and +8 becomes +24%.

It is what I asked in the first post in this thread!

It would be nice to get a few more buttons somewhere (in the skin at least and it could be mapped by the user)

button 1: -24% to -8% (slow extension)
Button 2: -8% to +8% (original 33.3 RPM +-8%)
Button 3: +8% to +24% (turbo extension, and fills the gap between 33 and 45 RPM)
Button 4: +24% to 40% (equals if you push the 45 RPM button +-8% on an SL 1200)
button 5: +40% to +56% (turbo extension for 45 rpm records)
button 6 +-100% ('wide' button on CDJ 1000 series)

So the user does NOT need to lurkin' with the pitch ranges.
Everyone can stay with the most commonly used +-8% and the steps and changes that gives.
This was the STANDARD for 20+ years for EVERY dj on the planet!!! And still every timecode dj most widely use! They have no other ranges (with the SL 1200)

By the way, if one puts on a long 440 Hz note on an SL 1200, the +-8% gives near perfect notes... it was not chosen by mistake, the +-10% would be 'more advanced' in marketing terms, than the +-8% .... 30+ years before as well

With all these buttons the VDJ user could do that is possible on the SL1200, and that can be seen in many DMC routines;
A 33 RPM record on the 45 RPM (with one push of a button)
With the other buttons everyone gets' infinite' pitch contol from -24% to +56% in +-8% (or 16% in total) ranges, so every record can be mixed (just like if you changes the ranges), but in a way more precise way.

发表时间 Fri 22 Nov 13 @ 3:47 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)