快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Is pitch shift possible? - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

EO4593Home userMember since 2011
I would like to know if it is possible in VDJ via MIDI mapping to "shift' the selected player's pich with a custom %??

I would like to use the +-8% only, and when I run out of pich-range I would like to 'turn on' this pich shift (+16%) so my previous -8% would turn to +8%

How and where can I do this?

THX

发表时间 Sat 17 Dec 11 @ 2:34 am
Yes you have to map your buttons to "pitch_range '6,8,10,12,20,25,33,50,100' +1". You will press the buttons 9-times to reach the 100% like the first press will give you the range of 6% then press again will give you range of 8% or the third times you press the buttons will give the 10% range. You can set as you want, like having it in the 3-pitch range only by doing like this "pitch_range '8,20,50' +1"

发表时间 Sat 17 Dec 11 @ 5:49 am
try

param_equal 0% ? pitch_range 6% ? pitch_range 12% : pitch_range 12% ? pitch_range 25% : pitch_range 25% ? pitch_range 50% : nothing : param_equal 100% ? pitch_range 6% ? pitch_range 12% : pitch_range 12% ? pitch_range 25% : pitch_range 25% ? pitch_range 50% : nothing

with this if you hit the end of the fader it will increase the range depending on the current range set, although with this you will need a button to reset it to the lower range, I cant think of any other way around it..

map this on a button to decrease the value.

pitch_range 50% ? pitch_range 25% : pitch_range 25% ? pitch_range 12% : pitch_range 12% ? pitch_range 6% : pitch_range 6%

发表时间 Sat 17 Dec 11 @ 9:03 am
sorry I was a little drunk when I wrote that and missed the most important bit... LOL. Just tested it and it works great, thanks for the suggestion.

param_invert & pitch_slider & param_equal 0% ? pitch_range 6% ? pitch_range 12% : pitch_range 12% ? pitch_range 25% : pitch_range 25% ? pitch_range 50% : nothing : param_equal 100% ? pitch_range 6% ? pitch_range 12% : pitch_range 12% ? pitch_range 25% : pitch_range 25% ? pitch_range 50% : nothing

I should also mention that because it is using "pitch_slider" when the range increases you will need to match the hardware position with the software position before it will work again, you can disable this with changing "pitch_slider" to "pitch", but the way setup now prevents large jumps in the pitch

also for the pitch reset button, you don't need to use the whole script, you could just set it back to 6% which is the default range with
"pitch_range 6%"

finally you may need to remove "param_invert &" from infront of the pitch slider script if it is reversed in the software.

EDIT----------------------------------------------

Actually just had a good idea to reset the range to 6% when the slider is back in the middle, try it out but it's not working on my idj for some reason... probably because it onlt has 7 bit resolution though

param_invert & pitch_slider & param_equal 50% ? pitch_range 6% & pitch_slider : param_equal 0% ? pitch_range 6% ? pitch_range 12% : pitch_range 12% ? pitch_range 25% : pitch_range 25% ? pitch_range 50% : nothing : param_equal 100% ? pitch_range 6% ? pitch_range 12% : pitch_range 12% ? pitch_range 25% : pitch_range 25% ? pitch_range 50% : nothing

发表时间 Sat 17 Dec 11 @ 5:13 pm
You missunderstood me.....

I want to use only the +-8% pich .... nothing else... (no +-10,25,50 or other range.... I can do that easily wit my Stanton SCS.1D )

But I wish to "shift" the ZERO value with 16% (in the positive range)....

When it is "shifted", than my -8% will maches with the "unshifted" +8%, so I can keep my 7bit midi slider in the same 'steps', but in a higher value....

This "pich shift" should be individual for the decks, so when I change my deck from deck A to deck C (or B to D) the shift should effect only the selected deck and not be 'transfered' to the other deck....

Is this possible??

发表时间 Sun 18 Dec 11 @ 3:13 am
You can try this two option below just copy paste:

This is the normal pitch range if you press the button:
"pitch_range '8%'"

This is the pitch range if you press the button + shift buttons:
"var '$shift' ? pitch_range '16%' : pitch_range '8%'"

Maybe you are confuse on what you want to do. Synthet1c have given you already everything that you will in scripting your pitch range control. You just need to tweak a bit if you want some modification you must understand the logic before you can do the mapping.

发表时间 Sun 18 Dec 11 @ 5:09 pm
whoops I misread your post too... now I get you, I think you want it to work like the vci 300 in itch where you shift the range like this

pitch shift 1 = -24 to -8
pitch shift 2 = -16 to 0
pitch shift 0 = -8 to +8
pitch shift 3 = 0 to +16
pitch shift 4 = +8 to +24

With this you are adding or subtracting 8 to the range with the shift... for this to work you are going to want to use two buttons with leds, I suggest using the pitch bend buttons, If you dont have leds available to you, I have made a reset back to 8% if you press both buttons at the same time. I know you said you only wanted the range maximum to 16 but this will make it more complete and user friendly going to +/-24.

button 1 negative
var 'butdown' 2 ? set 'pitch_shift' 0 & pitch_range 8% : set 'butdown' 1 while_pressed & var 'pitch_shift' 4 ? set 'pitch_shift' 3 & pitch_range 16% : var 'pitch_shift' 3 ? set 'pitch_shift' 0 & pitch_range 8% : var 'pitch_shift' 0 ? set 'pitch_shift' 2 & pitch_range 16% : var 'pitch_shift' 2 ? set 'pitch_shift' 1 & pitch_range 24%

button 1 LED

var 'pitch_shift' 0 ? on : var 'pitch_shift' 1 ? blink : var 'pitch_shift' 2 ? on : var 'pitch_shift' 3 ? off : var 'pitch_shift' 4 ? : off

button 2 positive
var 'butdown' 1 ? set 'pitch_shift' 0 & pitch_range 8% : set 'butdown' 2 while_pressed & var 'pitch_shift' 1 ? set 'pitch_shift' 2 & pitch_range 16% : var 'pitch_shift' 2 ? set 'pitch_shift' 0 & pitch_range 8% : var 'pitch_shift' 0 ? set 'pitch_shift' 3 & pitch_range 16% : var 'pitch_shift' 3 ? set 'pitch_shift' 4 & pitch_range 24%

button 2 LED
var 'pitch_shift' 0 ? off : var 'pitch_shift' 1 ? off : var 'pitch_shift' 2 ? on : var 'pitch_shift' 3 ? on : var 'pitch_shift' 4 ? : blink

pitch slider
var 'pitch_shift' 1 ? param_invert & pitch_slider & param_multiply 33.3% & pitch : var 'pitch_shift' 2 ? param_invert & pitch_slider & param_multiply 50% & pitch : var 'pitch_shift' 3 ? param_invert & pitch_slider & param_add 100% & param_multiply 50% & pitch : var 'pitch_shift' 4 ? param_invert & pitch_slider & param_add 200% & param_multiply 33.3% & pitch : param_invert & pitch

This hurt my head a little LOL... I was trying to figure out a way to smoothly transition the pitch slider from one range to the next, but I couldn't make it work today unfortunately. I will post the scripts I was using to try to work it out in the next post for you to attempt if you feel up to it, if not just skip it.

发表时间 Sun 18 Dec 11 @ 8:47 pm
var 'pitch_shift' 1 ? var 'pitch_activate_down' 1 ?
param_invert & pitch_slider & param_multiply 33.3% & pitch :
param_equal 100% ? set 'pitch_activate' 1 : nothing :

var 'pitch_shift' 2 ? var 'pitch_activate' 1 ?
param_invert & pitch_slider & param_multiply 50% & pitch :
param_equal 0% ? set 'pitch_activate' 1 : nothing :

var 'pitch_shift' 3 ? var 'pitch_activate' 1 ?
param_invert & pitch_slider & param_add 100% & param_multiply 50% & pitch :

var 'pitch_shift' 4 ? var 'pitch_activate' 1 ?
param_invert & pitch_slider & param_add 200% & param_multiply 33.3% & pitch :

param_invert & pitch_slider

var 'pitch_shift' 1 ? var 'pitch_activate' 1 ? param_invert & pitch_slider & param_multiply 33.3% & pitch : nothing : param_equal 100% ? set 'pitch_activate' 1 : var 'pitch_shift' 2 ? var 'pitch_activate' 1 ? param_invert & pitch_slider & param_multiply 50% & pitch : param_equal 100% ? set 'pitch_activate' 1 : nothing : var 'pitch_shift' 3 ? var 'pitch_activate' 1 ? param_invert & pitch_slider & param_add 100% & param_multiply 50% & pitch : param_equal 100% ? set 'pitch_activate' 1 : nothing : var 'pitch_shift' 4 ? var 'pitch_activate' 1 ? param_invert & pitch_slider & param_add 200% & param_multiply 33.3% & pitch : param_equal 100% ? set 'pitch_activate' 1 : nothing : param_invert & pitch_slider

button 1 negative
var 'butdown' 2 ? set 'pitch_shift' 0 & pitch_range 8% : set 'butdown' 1 while_pressed & var 'pitch_shift' 4 ? set 'pitch_shift' 3 & set 'pitch_activate' 0 & pitch_range 16% : var 'pitch_shift' 3 ? set 'pitch_shift' 0 & pitch_range 8% : var 'pitch_shift' 0 ? set 'pitch_shift' 2 & set 'pitch_activate' 0 & pitch_range 16% : var 'pitch_shift' 2 ? set 'pitch_shift' 1 & set 'pitch_activate' 0 & pitch_range 24%

button 2 positive
var 'butdown' 1 ? set 'pitch_shift' 0 & pitch_range 8% : set 'butdown' 2 while_pressed & var 'pitch_shift' 1 ? set 'pitch_shift' 2 & set 'pitch_activate' 0 & pitch_range 16% : var 'pitch_shift' 2 ? set 'pitch_shift' 0 & pitch_range 8% : var 'pitch_shift' 0 ? set 'pitch_shift' 3 & set 'pitch_activate' 0 & pitch_range 16% : var 'pitch_shift' 3 ? set 'pitch_shift' 4 & set 'pitch_activate' 0 & pitch_range 24%

var 'pitch_activate_down' 1 ?
param_equal 100% ? set 'pitch_activate' 1 : nothing :

var 'pitch_activate' 1 ?

var 'pitch_activate' 1 ?

var 'pitch_activate' 1 ?

param_invert & pitch_slider

var 'pitch_shift' 1 ? var 'pitch_activate' 1 ?
param_equal 100% ? set 'pitch_activate' 1 :
var 'pitch_activate' 1 ?

var 'pitch_shift' 2 ? var 'pitch_activate_down' 1 ? var 'pitch_activate' 1 ?
var 'pitch_activate' 1 ?

var 'pitch_shift' 3 ? var 'pitch_activate_down' 1 ? var 'pitch_activate' 1 ?
var 'pitch_activate' 1 ?

var 'pitch_shift' 4 ? var 'pitch_activate_down' 1 ? var 'pitch_activate' 1 ?
var 'pitch_activate' 1 ?

var 'pitch_shift' 1 ? var 'pitch_activate_down' 1 ? var 'pitch_activate' 1 ? param_invert & pitch_slider & param_multiply 33.3% & pitch : param_equal 100% ? set 'pitch_activate' 1 : var 'pitch_activate' 1 ? param_invert & pitch_slider & param_multiply 33.3% & pitch : param_equal 100% ? set 'pitch_activate' 1 : var 'pitch_shift' 2 ? var 'pitch_activate_down' 1 ? var 'pitch_activate' 1 ? param_invert & pitch_slider & param_multiply 50% & pitch : param_equal 100% ? set 'pitch_activate' 1 : var 'pitch_activate' 1 ? param_invert & pitch_slider & param_multiply 50% & pitch : param_equal 0% ? set 'pitch_activate' 1 : nothing : var 'pitch_shift' 3 ? var 'pitch_activate_down' 1 ? var 'pitch_activate' 1 ? param_invert & pitch_slider & param_add 100% & param_multiply 50% & pitch : param_equal 100% ? set 'pitch_activate' 1 : var 'pitch_activate' 1 ? param_invert & pitch_slider & param_add 100% & param_multiply 50% & pitch : param_equal 0% ? set 'pitch_activate' 1 : nothing : var 'pitch_shift' 4 ? var 'pitch_activate_down' 1 ? var 'pitch_activate' 1 ? param_invert & pitch_slider & param_add 200% & param_multiply 33.3% & pitch : param_equal 100% ? set 'pitch_activate' 1 : var 'pitch_activate' 1 ? param_invert & pitch_slider & param_add 200% & param_multiply 33.3% & pitch : param_equal 0% ? set 'pitch_activate' 1 : nothing : param_invert & pitch_slider

button 1 negative
var 'butdown' 2 ? set 'pitch_shift' 0 & set 'pitch_activate_down' 0 & pitch_range 8% : set 'butdown' 1 while_pressed & var 'pitch_shift' 4 ? set 'pitch_shift' 3 & set 'pitch_activate_down' 0 & pitch_range 16% : var 'pitch_shift' 3 ? set 'pitch_shift' 0 & pitch_range 8% : var 'pitch_shift' 0 ? set 'pitch_shift' 2 & set 'pitch_activate_down' 0 & pitch_range 16% : var 'pitch_shift' 2 ? set 'pitch_shift' 1 & set 'pitch_activate_down' 0 & pitch_range 24%

button 2 positive
var 'butdown' 1 ? set 'pitch_shift' 0 & pitch_range 8% : set 'butdown' 2 while_pressed & var 'pitch_shift' 1 ? set 'pitch_shift' 2 & set 'pitch_activate' 0 & pitch_range 16% : var 'pitch_shift' 2 ? set 'pitch_shift' 0 & pitch_range 8% : var 'pitch_shift' 0 ? set 'pitch_shift' 3 & set 'pitch_activate' 0 & pitch_range 16% : var 'pitch_shift' 3 ? set 'pitch_shift' 4 & set 'pitch_activate' 0 & pitch_range 24%

发表时间 Sun 18 Dec 11 @ 8:54 pm
SYNTH I don't know how you do it but you are the man!!

发表时间 Sun 18 Dec 11 @ 9:16 pm
LOL.... Bro, You are the script wizard and mapping master....man... VDJ must hired you to join the support team...
You already give him everything i'm sure he does have what he wants otherwise if still not, it is now on his own understanding on how it works.

发表时间 Mon 19 Dec 11 @ 1:50 am
thanks for the kind words guys, Haven't got a job at the moment so that would be awesome, can't see it happening though... anyway that is enough sulking, I have just made the ultimate mapping for this script that doesn't require any buttons to change the pitch range it does it automatically when you hit the end of the fader, the range on each setting is +/-4 but there is an overlap that gives you +/-6, this overlap means you wont accidentaly change the range.

Unfortunately there is no way to smoothly go through the ranges without a set of buttons that change the range and increase the pitch aswell, but again the buttons aren't necessary for this to work, neither is the pitch jump. but I did see on a VCI 300 video a while back that itch changes the increments a perfect octave, but I can't find the video again, if anyone knows the values I will gladly ammend this to include that :)

another good thing that would be possible to do is make skin pannels that change maybe a highlight on the pitch fader so you know the range it is in, but unfortunately I am not able to help with that.

Also this is more inline with EO4593's wishes as this is deck specific, so now both decks can have different ranges.

finally you can leave out the red bit if you don't wish to jump the range higher and lower and you can leave out the blue bit if you don't want the pitch fader to automatically change the range at the ends

pitch_shift 1 = -31% to -39%
pitch_shift 2 = -24% to -32%
pitch_shift 3 = -17% to -25%
pitch_shift 4 = -10% to -18%
pitch_shift 5 = -3% to -11%
pitch_shift 6 = -4% to 4%
pitch_shift 7 = 3% to 11%
pitch_shift 8 = 10% to 18%
pitch_shift 9 = 17% to 25%
pitch_shift 10 = 24% to 32%
pitch_shift 11 = 31% to 39%

button range lower
var 'pitch_shift' 1 ? nothing : cycle 'pitch_shift' -12 & pitch -7%

button range lower LED
var 'pitch_shift' 1 ? blink 200ms : var 'pitch_shift' 2 ? blink 300ms : var 'pitch_shift' 3 ? blink 400ms : var 'pitch_shift' 4 ? blink : var 'pitch_shift' 5 ? on : var 'pitch_shift' 6 ? on : var 'pitch_shift' 7 ? off : var 'pitch_shift' 8 ? off : var 'pitch_shift' 9 ? off : var 'pitch_shift' 10 ? off : var 'pitch_shift' 11 ? off : off

button range higher
var 'pitch_shift' 11 ? nothing : cycle 'pitch_shift' 12 & pitch +7%

button range higher LED
var 'pitch_shift' 1 ? off : var 'pitch_shift' 2 ? off : var 'pitch_shift' 3 ? off : var 'pitch_shift' 4 ? off : var 'pitch_shift' 5 ? off : var 'pitch_shift' 6 ? on : var 'pitch_shift' 7 ? on : var 'pitch_shift' 8 ? blink : var 'pitch_shift' 9 ? blink 400ms : var 'pitch_shift' 10 ? blink 300ms : var 'pitch_shift' 11 ? blink 200ms : off

pitch_fader
param_equal 0% ? var 'pitch_shift' 11 ? nothing : cycle 'pitch_shift' 14 : param_equal 100% ? var 'pitch_shift' 1 ? nothing : cycle 'pitch_shift' -14 : var 'pitch_shift' 11 ? pitch_range 40% & param_add 12% & param_multiply 10% & param_invert & pitch : var 'pitch_shift' 10 ? pitch_range 40% & param_add 99.5% & param_multiply 10% & param_invert & pitch : var 'pitch_shift' 9 ? pitch_range 40% & param_add 187% & param_multiply 10% & param_invert & pitch : var 'pitch_shift' 8 ? pitch_range 40% & param_add 274.5% & param_multiply 10% & param_invert & pitch : var 'pitch_shift' 7 ? pitch_range 40% & param_add 362% & param_multiply 10% & param_invert & pitch : var 'pitch_shift' 6 ? pitch_range 40% & param_add 449.5% & param_multiply 10% & param_invert & pitch : var 'pitch_shift' 5 ? pitch_range 40% & param_add 537% & param_multiply 10% & param_invert & pitch : var 'pitch_shift' 4 ? pitch_range 40% & param_add 624.5% & param_multiply 10% & param_invert & pitch : var 'pitch_shift' 3 ? pitch_range 40% & param_add 712% & param_multiply 10% & param_invert & pitch : var 'pitch_shift' 2 ? pitch_range 40% & param_add 799.5% & param_multiply 10% & param_invert & pitch : var 'pitch_shift' 1 ? pitch_range 40% & param_add 887% & param_multiply 10% & param_invert & pitch : set 'pitch_shift' 6

enjoy

发表时间 Mon 19 Dec 11 @ 8:42 am
I think we should ask "EO4593" to registered his Virtual DJ or at least upgrade or purchase too so that you have the benefits of having the supports like what Andrew have done. Those longs and enormous scripts makes your brains mostly works and burns most your adrenalin.

发表时间 Mon 19 Dec 11 @ 1:27 pm
THX guys, I'll try it with some mod

I want to use only like

pitch shift 1 = -24 to -8
pitch shift 0 = -8 to +8
pitch shift 2 = +8 to +24
pitch shift 3 = +24 to +40 (this equals the 33 RPM record on the 45 +-8% RPM)

This is what I need... since I used the +-8% always on the 1200 mk 2's (in the last 15 years ... or so) and I get used to it....

Thanks again

发表时间 Tue 20 Dec 11 @ 4:07 am
well thats boring... LOL I was actually thinking it was more appropriate for the new breed of controllers which have pathetic 2 inch faders, this will give these faders the ability to beatmatch,

what you want is to set the pitch range to 24 for the first 2 shifts and only allow travel of 1/3 and 2/3 respectively. This is done using "param_add" & "param_multiply" then on the 3rd shift increase the pitch range to +40, although this will change both decks, so you are probably better off having the range always at 40% like I used and using 20% and 40% to restrict the movement.. it should be relatively easy to figure out, but if you need any help just post here.

good luck

发表时间 Tue 20 Dec 11 @ 4:31 am
I must use the +-8% only, since I have an SCS.1d with a 7 bit (only), 100 mm long fader, sot the wider range gives me way too big steps...

I hope I can do that somehow, but this will be my first mapping and it's my first controller....

I hope I won't go crazy before I finish this :)

THX again

发表时间 Tue 20 Dec 11 @ 4:40 am

发表时间 Fri 23 Dec 11 @ 2:26 pm
my internet connection is too slow to download a 220mb avi file, upload it to youtube in a smaller filesize and I will watch it.. It may also be the issue that you have it mapped a as "pitch_slider" this has soft takeover, meaning the sortware position won't move until the hardware matches the onscreen position. to stop this change the mapping to just "pitch"

发表时间 Fri 23 Dec 11 @ 8:07 pm
Jenceno wrote :
Hello, I am having trouble with the Pitch. Everytime I try to work it, it won't work.

If keylock doesn't work on your VDJ maybe you are in the "Pure Scratch (no master tempo)" Go to "Config/Setting" then "Performance Tab" then under the "Master Tempo" choose "Fast Stretching or Advanced Stretching".

发表时间 Sun 25 Dec 11 @ 5:01 pm
s2pidHome userMember since 2011
I would be iterested also.

Can I program the 3 buttons above the pitch slider to get it work?

Top button: +-8%
middle one: from +8% to +24%
low button: from +24% to +40%

Or these buttons are for 3 different "layer" of all the other buttons/fader, so no meaning to "waste it" only for this?

发表时间 Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 2:57 pm
s2pidHome userMember since 2011
It would be nice to have an option in VDJ to get the possibility to make this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPwBKG... at 6:54 sec....

This is what I call 'pitch shift' really useful, specially if one uses VDJ, where the user must have global pitch (so every deck MUST have the same pitch range, and can NOT have different ranges for different decks)
So the mix can be accurate, and does not need to use let's say +-25% with the increased steps on pitch accuracy.

发表时间 Thu 10 Oct 13 @ 1:38 am
77%