快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

话题: Blacksheep v2.01 - Page: 3

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
But wouldn't that be classed as multi-tasking... lol.

发表时间 Thu 27 May 10 @ 6:36 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Don't women have one handbag for each day of the weak?

It's basically the same here. Every second day, use the Blue theme :)

Nice work Dan!

发表时间 Thu 27 May 10 @ 7:06 pm
Is there an anticipated release date for 2.x yet? Feel like a kid a few weeks before Christmas.

发表时间 Fri 28 May 10 @ 10:06 am
It will be uploaded to the site over the weekend. Then we just wait for approval!!

发表时间 Fri 28 May 10 @ 10:20 am
** Awaiting Approval **

发表时间 Sat 29 May 10 @ 9:48 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Sat 29 May 10 @ 2:03 pm
Thanks Chris. There you go folks go get it.

Thanks to all my beta testers, so much valued advice and suggestions came through. But the same as anything- nothing is perfect so if you notice something wrong or you have a suggestion for future release then please comment here.

Enjoy.....

发表时间 Sat 29 May 10 @ 2:22 pm
LOVE LOVE LOVE this skin bro! Great Work!

发表时间 Sat 29 May 10 @ 9:58 pm
Can we say "New Industry Standard"!!! Badass skin!!

发表时间 Sat 29 May 10 @ 11:02 pm
"New Industry Standard" rubbish, I have to disagree with you there!

Erm... sorry Dan, just didn't find time to give feedback in the development of version 2. I use the previous version which has much better contrast, larger characters and I don't need the eq cross faders ( I use the rotary controls on my RMX for this). I personally think the "video preview windows" on version 1 are much better. The scratch stripe in the "video preview windows" on version 2 seems pointless (and again wasting screen space) when you can change the middle panel to display them. The 12 buttons for samples duplicated on either side seem to be a waste of space (you're only one click from the samples page anyway, don't see the point in having them on the main screen)........ and the salmon/pink(?) character colour, yuk!

Sorry if I'm sounding very negative Dan, but I am a little disappointed with version 2. Seems to be a mouse oriented screen with too much clutter. Although not perfect, I will continue using version 1.

发表时间 Mon 31 May 10 @ 4:32 am
Ok, I am the first person to listen to what people want. And as a general rule I have done so here.

By your own admission you had the opportunity to give feedback during the development/beta but didn't. In fact your only
response prior to this bashing was asking to be part of the beta which I obliged. The reasons why you havnt been involved are none of my business, we are all busy people I understand that.

At the end of the day if v2 isn't for you then so be it. But everything you have mentioned above is personal preference. Some people like eq crossfader, some don't. Not everyone has a rmx or other controller they can map to do this for them. The scratch wave forms again boil down to preference. I personally don't use the centre pannel for scratch I prefer to leave the mixer up there but there are some users who like to see the scratch waveforms side-by-side, the have that option.

As for the sampler, you were not the only person to mention not needing two banks. Maybe this will be something removed with the next release. However your comment about only being one click away, whilst that is true it means navigating away from the browser which personally I don't like doing and I know there are others that agree.

I respect your comments, even though I don't neccessarily agree with them. Maybe if you could be more constructive and make suggestion of what you would like to see added or changed for the next update I could take them on board.

发表时间 Mon 31 May 10 @ 7:02 am
You can satisfy some people most of the time....but...

发表时间 Mon 31 May 10 @ 9:24 am
It is all about personal preference, and that is where VDJ shines .... so many types of skins to suit everyone.

And ... you can modify certain aspects of the skin (button commands, font & size) to suit yourself.

发表时间 Mon 31 May 10 @ 9:49 am
You certainly have a lot to live up to Mr Soulman, waitng in anticipation for your contribution to the skin brigade.

发表时间 Mon 31 May 10 @ 9:53 am
Sorry that I was unable to find the time to give feedback, it was due to a serious illness in my close family with daily hospital visits (still ongoing). Family comes first! I did apologise twice in my post.

OK, some background (meaning I'm NOT a novice); I've been a resident Nightclub & Bar DJ for over 33 years, professional since 2002. I started DJing with computers in 1998. DJ software I am a legit registered user of; Virtual TurnTables (VTT), PCDJ original Blue & Red, PCDJ FX VRM, Traktor Studio, Ableton Live, PCDJ VJ & VirtualDJ. Controllers I have; Numark DMC-01, Faderfox DJ2, Vestax VCI-100 and Hercules RMX.

VTT allowed you to layout your own screen display, but, of all these programs above only VirtualDJ has given the option of skinning. I have never used the original skin, I used Mixlab Vers 3.1 until VDJ 6 came out, then I started to use V_Mix 5.4 until Chris Stoll shared his VirtualDJ Pro Extended skin he developed for himself. That was until Blacksheep 1.1, which I prefer over all these previous skins (erm....take that as a massive positive!).

"......everything you have mentioned above is personal preference." yes it sure is.

If my comments were considered "bashing" then that is not how I see it. I have already pointed out that I use Blacksheep version 1.1 and was so looking forward to Blacksheep version 2 which was going to be based on version 1.1. I expected some tweaking, but not such drastic changes.

I work in a nightclub where the booth is very dark, so dark I have difficulty seeing the laptop keyboard when typing in requests. Version 1.1 has excellent contrast for that situation. Version 2.1 is so bright it's like someone is shining a light into your eyes, it is very hard on the eyes in that situation. I have tried three or four times, but, each time I've had to switch back to version 1.1 within minutes. It also doesn't help having such small characters used in the skin and the pink/salmon colour is a very poor contrast with the background. Small characters may look neater, but, not as practical as larger characters. I understand that larger characters would screw up the skin design because of lots of small items, too many in my opinion, yes, that is my opinion or personal preference if you like.

Small boxes requiring a mouse click are not good "in the heat of battle" i.e. working in a nightclub environment. The larger the buttons, the better in my opinion. The eq cross faders take up a lot of space and may be fine if you only use a mouse to control the program. As a professional, I would never dream of working without a controller (except in an emergency). All the Controllers I have above have rotary controls for channel eq, therefore, don't need sliders onscreen.

Pannel switching for different displays is the way forward, but, having the scratch stripe fixed onscreen as well as in an optional pannel seems a waste. Buttons for the samples would only be useful to me if they displayed what is contained in them. Small buttons cannot do this and it would be a challenge to find space to implement this with large buttons. I cannot always remember what is contained in all twelve samples and, for me, the mouseover help doesn't cut it. I much prefer clicking on the samples page and get feedback of what they contain at a glance. This is my personal preference of course.

If you consider this "bashing" then so be it, that was not the intention, it was meant to be a constructive critque from an experienced user that works in real nightclubs, not a bedroom DJ.

Mr hawkmoon12 I don't have anything to live up to and my contribution is above. Don't care if you don't like what I said.
Cheers.

发表时间 Mon 31 May 10 @ 9:50 pm
@soulman

Sorry to hear about the illness in your family. As i said i understand that we are all busy people and it can't be helped if you couldn't get involved with the development. I hope the illness gets better soon.

Maybe 'bashing' was the wrong word to use. But if you can see it from my point of view:
- if you have ever created a skin or even looked in the XML files for a skin you will see it isnt an easy thing to do. And for someone to come back after release and give nothing but negative feedback is quite dis-heartening.

Quote :
Blacksheep version 2 which was going to be based on version 1.1. I expected some tweaking, but not such drastic changes

I 100% agree with the logic but i decided that a design overhaul was the way i wanted to go with version 2. I did post here asking for suggestion and comments on what people liked and didnt like - so i havent done this blinkered.

Now since your post yesterday i have booted up 2 machines and ran Blacksheep v1.1 on one of them and v2 on the other. I actually can understand more what you were getting at BUT a skin designer can not please everyone all of the time as this clearly demonstrates. I know there are people that like the DEFAULT VDJ skin, but as you have said (and i agree) it doesn't suit everyone.

Quote :
Pannel switching for different displays is the way forward

I 100% agree with this too!! I have already started work on "BlackSheep Xtra v1" - this skin will include multiple pannels so that user can hopefully find a view that suits them.

Anyway, if you do have suggestions for "Xtra v1" then please PM me with your ideas - do not post them here as this is for v2 - thanks.

发表时间 Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 3:33 am
Great Work!
I love BlackSheep Skin!
THANK YOU!

But the "gain db - number" (in this Picture 1.4) is fixed, when i change the gain. Why?

发表时间 Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 8:29 am
metmortPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Luv the skin, one of the best, but would like to see turntables addition,or instead of video.
any possibilities?
Thanks cdj

发表时间 Sat 12 Jun 10 @ 7:51 am
Wait for BlackSheep xTra.

Turnables, video and much, much more!

发表时间 Sat 12 Jun 10 @ 7:52 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
nici the kyd wrote :

But the "gain db - number" (in this Picture 1.4) is fixed, when i change the gain. Why?

until Dan fixes the problem (which i have pointed him in the beta) try to edit the xml.
Search for format="%level" and replace it with format="%Plevel"

发表时间 Sat 12 Jun 10 @ 10:11 am
88%