快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Dj Controller, or Djm 800? - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I want to buy Virtual Dj, I tested it at my friends house but he says that he needs a controller and so do I.

I saved up around 3000$ but I don't want to spend it all, so I have to options.

Get A Dj Controller, which is definitly less money then the DJM 800 right?

Or get the DJm 800 for 1500$

Could someone tell me a good/ the best dj controller that is on the market??
PLease =))

Thanks,
Dj VienNna

发表时间 Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 11:10 am
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
According to me, it's good to buy 2 CDJ-400 and a DJM-800.
In this way you can use normal CDs and controlling VDJ too; it's not so cheap but you will have a good equipment.

发表时间 Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 11:23 am
yea but thast then another 1400$ more..
400's + djm 800 + virtual dj = 3200$

don't have that ;S

I'd rather spend about 2000$ max

发表时间 Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 12:00 pm
also, can't a dj console do the same as the DJm 800 when its used with Virtual DJ?

发表时间 Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 12:01 pm
Controller, because your not a club DJ so why get an 800. Just a cheap mixer and a herc rmx will do

发表时间 Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 12:11 pm
Id rather spend money on good equipment any time over something cheap. They guy has 2k to spend.. He can buy something good for that amount.

发表时间 Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 12:32 pm
if you invest in future, i would say djm 800. it is the mixer club use for now. cdj, your choice, you can always sell and buy new one ( latest ). a controller is for bedroom dj, I bought rmx like 7 8 months ago and now i began to play in club. now i would like to have a djm 800 lol

发表时间 Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 1:10 pm
You dont have to buy the DJM 800.. Pioneer also has the DJM 700 midi mixer which can be found selling for 999 in many websites.

发表时间 Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 1:55 pm
Yea, but the djm 800 has the color effects which I really like!

Anyone knows something about the dnx 1700?
I heard it is supposed to be even better then the djm 800 and it has a built in 4 channel sound card 0.o
Also you can temporarily change a channel to midi and then back

Can anyone tell me if this would be even betteR?

发表时间 Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 3:13 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
1) It's Denon
2) It's no Cheap

发表时间 Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 3:55 pm
I have the DJM-800 and you're right, it's great mixer. Trying to use it without good quality controllers is like having a Ferrari, but no engine. I use my 800 with 2 CDJ-400s.

If you're low on cash why don't you look online for a deal on a used set? Or wait until you save the extra $$. You won't be sorry you waited. The CDJ-400 combo with the DJM-800 and Virtual DJ is explosive! You will really love it. I have done a few YouTube vids on this combo because I love it so much I had to share... http://www.youtube.com/rudedog66

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'!!!!

发表时间 Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 4:30 pm
For me, it would be a question of how you plan on using it. I only DJ 2-3 times per month, so I wanted something compact and functional, Hercules RMX fit that bill. If you're working bigger clubs, you may want to invest in better stuff up front.

发表时间 Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 6:44 pm
I was using it at the DJ Expo in A.C. and its nice. If the Denon 1700 was cheaper in price, i would have bought it. Im getting the DJM 700 instead.

发表时间 Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 7:09 pm
well i'm not going to save more to get 400's also :x
Also I barely have any cd's im only 17 I basically grew up having all my music on my computer.

(no ILLEGAL downloads ofc heh)

I think I will just get the DNX 1700.

It is more expensive, but It already has an external soundcard, and I don't need any other extra cables that I do need for the djm 800.

So I will be actually probably saving :D

And Rudedog, the cdj 400's are my next step =D

发表时间 Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 10:05 pm
You will never need to take this type of gear into a club, most people take there preferred midi controller into a club and wire it into there mixer. I have used the RMX to entertain 650 people.

Why don't you buy the new A&H midi controller and the DJM 5000 now that would be impressive.

发表时间 Sun 25 Oct 09 @ 4:15 am
I don't know how much they are in the USA, but a Allen Heath Xone 4D can't be alot more than $2000 is it?

Great mixer, and it's got controls, and it's got a soundcard all built in.

If you buy just a djm800 mixer, you've still got no buttons to press play, stop, hot cues, etc- they're kind of important for DJ-ing!!!! You've got no sliders to adjust pitch and you've got no jogwheels to help line your beats up.

So, even if it's basic, you need some kind of player controls to go with your mixer controls.

发表时间 Sun 25 Oct 09 @ 1:07 pm
if you invest in future, i would say djm 800. it is the mixer club use for now. cdj, your choice, you can always sell and buy new one ( latest ). a controller is for bedroom dj, I bought rmx like 7 8 months ago and now i began to play in club. now i would like to have a djm 800 lol

i dont see the problem using a rmx in a club though?

发表时间 Sun 25 Oct 09 @ 1:40 pm

发表时间 Sun 25 Oct 09 @ 2:30 pm
^ Yes, but the allen heath DX is like 1300$, the most expensive controller there is :(

Also, I would have 2 buttons on the djm 800, the 2 cue buttons on channel 3,4 which I wouldnt use.

Faders aswell..
and 4 fader start buttons =)

Another question, if I buy a controller, can I use its external soundcard for the djm 800?

发表时间 Sun 25 Oct 09 @ 9:14 pm
BishPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think you need to ask yourself how much do u want to do this and how much do u think you'll get out of it?

If unsure, then just buy and use the program as much as possible and work out how to make it work for you before you complicate it too much. Trust me I spent ages learning the insides out of the program at the time and how I can make shortcuts and tweaks to get round physical controller limitations. I felt this gave me a great platform when I moved on to adding controllers as I was quite confident in Vdj. If you need controllers other than the keyboard and mouse that's before you, anything from a playstation gamepad and up can be used as a controller if you know how to do it. I also would recommend something like the Korg nanopad

Meanwhile (hopefully) you haven't spent your saved money and it's actually grown in interest!!

If you then feel you need professional controllers to allow for the 'hands on' feel of your tracks, then you can choose cdj's or others (depending on how much you want to pay for precise control) that will also allow you to play regular cd's or you can choose something like the EKS Otus which is 2 turntables in one plus extras or similar.

Otherwise, if you feel that you are sure that playing with music is what's gonna make you happy then who cares how much it costs??

For me I started with Vdj (cracked) for bout 6 months in 2004 before I realised that A) I loved the program and B) that having cracked version was limiting me. So I bought the program in 2005. In 2006-07 I started making my own controllers using ps2 gamepads and midi programs. In 2007 I knew I wanted more so I went out and bought what I felt was the industry standard, a djm800 and 1 cdj 1000mk3. I thought if I was wanting to be a butcher I wouldn't invest in butter knives!! But coz I knew the vdj program I knew I only needed 1 cdj for now as I could use it to control 2 decks. I also had an external soundcard with enough in's and outs plus a midi to usb box. I went for a shuttle pc instead of laptop as well.

Now I'm feeling that I'm being a little limited by having only one controller, so it's either the otus or the new cdj2000 for me. Plus having packed and unpacked my gear SO many times, I'm also getting myself a laptop to make it easier.

I hope that helped but I guess in short;

* If you go down the Dj road, trust me, this wont be the last time you part with lots of dollers!! So sometimes it's best to get what you need for now then dream for what you'll need next.

* I love my djm800 and still find ways to make it sing differently to this day!! Can't recommend it enough!!!!

* Depending on what you going to be doing, think bout packing, unpacking and setups!!

* Don't let the thought of being broke stand in the way of your dream!!!

发表时间 Sun 25 Oct 09 @ 10:47 pm
77%