快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Im new to DJing, Mind helping me.

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hey Im new to Djing. Im only 13 and i wanted to get into it and maybe do like little party's. I was wondering if anyone can recommend to me what the best equipment is to use for a cheap price. So far all i have is a Hercules DJ Console M2K and Virtual DJ 5.1. My mom is willing to help me pay for the equipment so if anyone can help me out and tell me what the best is to get i would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Brandyn

发表时间 Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 5:17 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
So far you have made two very good decisions. But, you need to register your software. Are you looking for speaker recommendations? If so your best bet would be to visit the nearest music store and talk to someone there. Some products recommended here might not be available in your price range. Also, before you do that, decide how many people you are going to DJ for. It helps anyone who might want to recommend speakers and amps and such.

Personally I would recommend you look into "Active" or self powered speakers. The manufacturer has already done the math for you and hooking them up is simple. Also you may, or may not, need another mixer to run the MKII through. Keep asking questions and good luck.....

发表时间 Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 5:23 pm
Thank you. Also will i need to get a AMP to run the speakers? My dad was saying if for example i get 700 watt speakers it may blow something like my Laptop or Console.

发表时间 Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 5:27 pm
Not if you buy the active speakers I was talking about..they are very reliable and rarely blow. The reason for that is the manufactures have installed the amps in the speakers.

发表时间 Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 5:30 pm
Oh, I understand now. Do you know where i can get these "Active" Speakers. If you can find me a link with some of them i would appreciate it so i can look at the prices and such.

发表时间 Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 5:37 pm
They vary in price as does everything. But, to give you an idea look here. Do not choose monitors those are for studio work. Look for loudspeakers, Hope that helps....

发表时间 Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 5:42 pm

发表时间 Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 5:50 pm
They will probably be OK for smaller crowds, but they will not have a lot of base. If you can grab at least 12" speakers...and try to go somewhere and listen to them. See if you like the sound before you buy. Heck, even if you can't afford some of the more expensive ones, ask to listen to them too. Hear for your self the difference in sound quality.

发表时间 Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 5:53 pm
The one that i posted, Does it come with 2 speakers or only one?

发表时间 Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 6:29 pm
Price is usually per speaker, not per pair.

发表时间 Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 6:41 pm
Ahhh ok. Time to start selling old ipods and PSP's Lol.

发表时间 Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 6:43 pm
I use a home stereo tuner and speakers myself and for someone who is just starting out like yourself just doing house parties its all you need! Your 13 you dont need top of the line equipment just yet. A simple home stereo tuner you probally can pick up from a goodwill or yard sale for cheap and buy some 12" home stereo speakers as well. I bet you can the tuner and 2 12" speakers used for around $100

I bought some 12" technic speakers for $25 and a tuner for $50 and it sounds great. Now this is just for practice and house parties it wouldnt be very professional to set up at a wedding or something very formal. Trust me save the $400 charge on speakers and just use something simple. If you start doing more than house parties and want something more appealing to the eyes then buy some high dollar speakers.

发表时间 Mon 30 Jun 08 @ 1:02 pm
Thank you for your advice djkapitalkev. I can probaly get them at a yard sale because i see them like every weekend around in my neighborhood. Plus its summertime and thats when everyone has Yard Sale's. Guess i will be looking around. Thanks again

发表时间 Fri 04 Jul 08 @ 1:23 pm
The best advice I can give you is "You get what you pay for". Instead of buying low end speakers , spend the xtra money and get quality speakers. Yamaha,JBL,Mackies.,etc. Yard sales are a great way to fine great speakers at a great price. It is best to invest now in a system that will handle everything you do now. Low end speakers,mixers , and power amps will work fine in the first few months but eventually will fail when you most need them. Again it all depends on how you take care of your equipment. Good luck

发表时间 Sun 06 Jul 08 @ 3:22 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
frank the guy is thirteen...

发表时间 Sun 06 Jul 08 @ 7:08 pm
tayla wrote :
frank the guy is thirteen...

ahah tayla....well there is such a thing as LEARN IT THE RIGHT way or dont learn it at all!!!!!

发表时间 Mon 07 Jul 08 @ 10:07 pm
how to get vst program to your computer

发表时间 Sun 20 Jul 08 @ 7:21 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)