Forum: General Discussion

话题: [NEW VERSION] VirtualDJ Pro v5.1 - Page: 4

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sclavel wrote :

On the menu today:

FAME engine:
- new BPM engine with more than 99.9% of correct detections

This number is more like 50% of correct detections....

I am DISAPPOINTED that this feature that was supposed to be fixed(as hinted by noway & other Teamers), is still not fixed. BPM's are still being double in this new version with or without "Allow BPM < 80" enabled or disabled.

***Allow BPM < 80 = Disabled***

Directory 1 Before: http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/738/d1bforezp2.jpg
Directory 1 After: http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/5308/d1afterrc2.jpg

Directory 2 : Before : http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/9462/d2beforegz3.jpg
Directory 2 : After : http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/4415/d2afterjk2.jpg

**** Allow BPM < 80 = Smart****

Directory 3 : Before : http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/694/d3beforedl8.jpg
Directory 3 : After : http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/9157/d3afterjg2.jpg

Directory 4 : Before : http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/1273/d4beforeen9.jpg
Directory 4 : After : http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/3430/d4aftercx5.jpg

I can continue posting directory pics but I am sure you get the point..

I really don't see the what is so HARD to give the option to disable the BPM feature and just use the id3 info from the tag.

Oh well.....After several years complaining about this "bpm" annoyance, I am pretty much done fighting to get this resolved.....serato here i come.......

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 3:06 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

The BPM detection was always good, now its better, in direct comparison with Mixmeister and Pioneer CDJs, VDJ came out stronger in the majority of cases. That's not to say it couldn't be tweaked a little further, there is still an issue with wrongly detecting tracks in the 150-160bpm range, when in reality they are only half that, but this very much depends on the type of music in your collection, I found with the tracks I tested, this only happend a few times out of a hundred.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 4:58 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Bagpuss wrote :

The BPM detection was always good, now its better, in direct comparison with Mixmeister and Pioneer CDJs, VDJ came out stronger in the majority of cases. That's not to say it couldn't be tweaked a little further, there is still an issue with wrongly detecting tracks in the 150-160bpm range, when in reality they are only half that, but this very much depends on the type of music in your collection, I found with the tracks I tested, this only happend a few times out of a hundred.

Plus it doesn't take long to tap the bpm a few times - manually tapping the bpm seems to work a lot better now, it seems more intelligent than before, in that it locks onto the groove by itself once you've given it a clue by manually tapping. Nice job guys!

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 5:09 pm
@ DjStoll,

Thanks for your help !!!

Videorecording works great.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 5:15 pm
djsherz wrote :

it seems more intelligent than before, in that it locks onto the groove by itself once you've given it a clue by manually tapping. Nice job guys!

Its a new feature called smart BeatTap, so yes its more intelligent.

And "doubles" and "halves" aren't a massive problem either, as you can easily correct these, its far better than having random/changing values that some engines seem to produce.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 5:22 pm
I have got to say thanks to the team... This has to be the SMOOTHEST VIDEO on AUTOMIX that I have seen.. GREAT JOB!!!!!

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 5:34 pm
Bagpuss wrote :

Excuses Excuses Excuses Excuses! I have heard the same thing, pretty much every "bpm detection" upgrade! All I am asking for is the option to TURN OFF THE BPM DETECTION. For you, it is "a few times out of a hundred" - for me, this happens very often . A far is I am concerned I don't need vdj changing the bpm's of any of my tracks, especially when my bpm are already correct - arrrhhhh!

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 5:42 pm

I don't disagree with you, for those who already have BPMs tagged correctly, there's no benefit in conducting a second BPM scan, the difficulty though is that when VDJ analyses files, the BPM is only one element of the scan, song length, gain, key and more are also detected during this process.

The development team are far more interested in having an accurate engine, for all kinds of users.

You've posted screen shots, if you're interested in improving the product, send me a zip file of some samples that VDJ is detecting incorrectly (from around 10 different songs), and I'll happily forward them to the Dev team.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 5:59 pm
DJ FORMAT wrote :
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :

The "new" skin is kinda an echo of the original skin with the 2 turntables.

This is a work in progress for the new skin. Before we hear all of the ideas there are a couple of things I would ask you all to keep in mind.
1.) Remember this skin is being built from the ground up. I am rendering every image from scratch.
2.) The Turntables are going to stay. They are VirtualDJ's trademark image.
3.) I am open to suggestions but must still work within parameters set by VDJ
4.) This is still a work in progress.

So, with keeping these 4 items in mind please give any positive feedback you feel I could use. Thanks DJ Format

Audio Pannel
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/djformat/75-1.jpg

Video pannel
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/djformat/76.jpg

man ,I'm lovin' it already!!! i'm soo used to v-mix 5.3 , this skin is like basic now !!
will it be hard to add new features to old skin or is this even possible? (...waits for new skin for 5.1 with multi-pannels and bigger video preview screens ) :)

btw; glad to see the skin master is still around .cool

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 6:27 pm
I agree with you... BPM needs to have the options to turn it off, and use bpm from tag...

That would rock..

I have a problem with the new build...

With the DN-HC4500, why is my CBG grid all screwed up? the first downbeat is always off from the marker, and when I cue to the downbeat, and hit start, it jumps off beat like it's trying to auto sync....

extremely annoying...

is this a setting? something I can fix? I haven't had a gig that I could use the new betas, or builds at, because everything is off...

It's not this way on my second machine with a DMC-2

any idea what I'm talking about?

Thanks!

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 6:32 pm
5.1 Thanks to the team. A trouble free night. I did get a little worried with some stuttering and the cpu going high range during Karaoke on Bon Jovis bed of roses, but no crash when i expected it. The Karaoke plugin freezes the system still, this after reporting it when it was released, easy to say don't use as originally advised, so why have ? Other than that well happy with the perfomance although i would like to have seen a better skin with larger Video screens, but i see this is on the way.

Thanks guys

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 6:34 pm
Bagpuss wrote :

I don't disagree with you, for those who already have BPMs tagged correctly, there's no benefit in conducting a second BPM scan, the difficulty though is that when VDJ analyses files, the BPM is only one element of the scan, song length, gain, key and more are also detected during this process.

The development team are far more interested in having an accurate engine, for all kinds of users.

You've posted screen shots, if you're interested in improving the product, send me a zip file of some samples that VDJ is detecting incorrectly (from around 10 different songs), and I'll happily forward them to the Dev team.

Errrrrr, That seems like the long approach, there is the easier way of doing it, while they try to perfect the bpm engine but I send you a few files to your pm when i get a chance.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 6:56 pm
From what I've noticed (BPM issues aside), The engine sounds much better. It seems to handle low end bass much better than before. Still kicking the tires on it right now. Good job guys.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 7:15 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djderricke wrote :
It seems to handle low end bass much better than before.

I agree with you Derrick, Played some old school Drum and bass this afternoon, got my windows vibrating, thought the glass was going to fall out, lol.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 7:19 pm
DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN i go get drunk for my after graduation party and when im sober enouh to come back ...i see vdj 5.1........................................................wooohohooo..i love my grad present..lol

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 7:48 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
Hey Cstoll....

I dunno If I'm doing something wrong - You're wonderful DAC2 mapper has an issue with 5.1 I think. The inner jogs are scratch only I can't seem to get them to Nudge.

Just go reset the nudge setting in the mappers configuration panel. Slide the slider to a smaller number.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 8:41 pm
What's up with the native support for the Denon DN-HS5500's ?
I have a pair the I'm dieing to use with VDJ.

BTW, props to the Dev Team on VDJ 5.1
Great job guys.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 8:41 pm
I was told the Denon 5500 would be natively supported?

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 9:11 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I was out all day and after reading the posts that have come in I have two comments I need to make --

1. BPM engine -- before you keep knocking it -- from the manual --

"If the tracks have been analyzed by an external application prior to being loaded into VirtualDJ and that value is stored in the BPM ID3 Tag, then BPM Engine will use the stored value as a reference when analyzing the track. VirtualDJ will calculate a more precise value (0.05 BPM precise) not more than +/- 1 BPM away from the value of the tag."

So where yes, if we manually tapped something out (without using a computer) and counted - sure a 130.6 track would have been a 130 (sorry don't know anyone that can tap in 1/10ths. And, with the new smart tap (computer assisted) you will find that that the 130 song was really 130.6. Also the with the new smart beat tap - you don't have to tap out for a whole 30sec or 1 minute. Try it and you will see. I had issues as well but then when I tapped out the songs - VDJ was more correct in it's analysis and was maybe off (or my tapping was off) by only a few tenths of a beat.

About the doubles - if you really believe they are double - again, tap them out you will find that out of the several you think are slower or 1/2 they really are double the beat. But because of how the song is constructed it sounds 1/2. I had the same problem with a few, but it was easy to tap out the beat and see what was calculated based on the tap out. Are there flaws - yes, but not as bad as most other analyzers out there; VDJ is MORE accurate the majority of the time.

2. Controllers

About controllers -- which there is a new one seemingly releasing ever two week these days. Back when controllers were just a toy to most DJs, VirtualDJ supported the majority that existed - DMC1, DAC-2, D-Vinyl 2020, Herc MP3 and MK2, etc. But companies were not rolling out a controller every other week. Now it seems as if everyone wants that market and to be honest, VDJ created that market because we didn't cater to any one controller. And that will be the same moving forward, however that moving forward is going to take time. We will do our best to stay with the current game, but we need extra innings or overtime to beat the game. So have patience with us. Most controllers are MIDI these days and even though you can't get things like the displays or buttons to light up using the MIDI configuration - there is support there -- how many other programs out there make it that easy? And, support so many? Thanks for the patience and we will get to them in do time.

So far from what I have seen - I am very pleased that these are really the only 'issues' in this release so far... so I guess everyone is liking the Majority of the things fixed and improved on?

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 9:11 pm
I don't think the Denon DN-HS5500 is supported because I don't see it on the remote control panel.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 9:23 pm
24%