快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: [NEW VERSION] VirtualDJ Pro v5.1 - Page: 5

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

It is disapointing when I had the 5500 since Feb, have not used it waiting because I was told it would be in 5.1. I might as well sell it as I was going to. I can't sit on a $950 controller that I dont use, and I am not good enough to map it myself.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 9:23 pm
Cstoll, I am noticing that VDJ is much better now at detecting the correct BPM for rock songs. BPM for that catagory of music were all over the board. Good job all the way around guys.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 9:30 pm
Been on it for a while. Very pleased! I would like ot know how accurate is the key detection? A great feature to have. Great work guys:):):):)

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 9:35 pm
Well, consider yourself lucky Jimspinnin. I have 2 of the Denon DN-HS 5500's. For the mean time, I'm going to try to midi map them. VDJ really made it easy to do this. The downside is the LCD screen and the spinning platter will not work, but I can live with that. I also have a Korg Zero8 mixer that I midi mapped myself and it works great. The bottom line is, there is no other DJ software that can offer what VDJ can offer. I love it and I wouldn't think of using anything else.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 9:35 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Dj_john24 wrote :
I don't think the Denon DN-HS5500 is supported because I don't see it on the remote control panel.

Graphics are for Native Support - the 5500 is still a MIDI controller and can be mapped.

@jimspinnin - I don't know how or where ( and don't want to create and argument about it ) - but if you are told by anyone (Teamers included) that something is going to be supported in a version - then it is only rumor. The Development Team or a Corporate member will only be able to make those 'absolute' statements. And, to be quite honest we don't discuss anything about development on versions for this exact reason - it puts hopes in people for something that maybe difficult to deliver on, do to a lot of factors.

This release was to focus on the BPM engine, Timecode issues with drop signals, and get the already natively support controllers more up-to-par support for those things that should have been in the native mappings on day one. And I think we did a pretty good job at it. So, yes unfortunately the 5500 didn't make the list this time... but it is a HOT item and should have native support sooner than later.

Chris

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 9:36 pm
Cstoll, I am quite happy with that answer. As I stated before, for the meantime, I'm going to midi map my 5500's because I love them and I love VDJ, so I want to make them work together. As for the new version, you guys did a fenominal job and it shows. Congrats.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 9:42 pm
Dj_john24 wrote :
For the mean time, I'm going to try to midi map them. VDJ really made it easy to do this. The downside is the LCD screen and the spinning platter will not work, but I can live with that.

For the platter look into the "jogwheel" and "scratch_wheel" actions when you are setting it up the the MIDI config.
Also, look at how "scratch_wheel" works in combination with action "vinyl_mode"

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 9:43 pm
Thanks Cstoll. I'll keep that in mind when mapping.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 9:47 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Chris, could you enlighten us with this new View of the Timecode signal, it's certainly is abit strange to look at, but I like it, Is it due to the modify timecode engine.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 9:47 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
cstoll wrote :
I was out all day and after reading the posts that have come in I have two comments I need to make --

1. BPM engine -- before you keep knocking it -- from the manual --

About the doubles - if you really believe they are double - again, tap them out you will find that out of the several you think are slower or 1/2 they really are double the beat. But because of how the song is constructed it sounds 1/2. I had the same problem with a few, but it was easy to tap out the beat and see what was calculated based on the tap out. Are there flaws - yes, but not as bad as most other analyzers out there; VDJ is MORE accurate the majority of the time.

Mute point. Stop defending this defect. You should NOT have to TAP or EDITor DIVIDE by half -if the bpm is already correct(and you know this). Yes, Vdj has an very good bpm detection engine but..... *sighs*
Have the developers take a look at Adion's software, djdecks. He uses a bpm engine also, and the calculated bpm from the engine is also shown on the skin along with the bpm from the tag. In his software the bpm in the tag is never replaced with the calculated bpm. In his software there is also an option to turn off the bpm engine. So I know it is impossible to implement in vdj............

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 10:23 pm
Can I install directly over the top of my current version without uninstalling?

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 10:31 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
dhe8dave wrote :
Can I install directly over the top of my current version without uninstalling?

Yes you can....

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 10:32 pm
Straight from the Development Team during testing --

Quote :
A perfect signal should have an outside circle perfectly round (adjust with stereo slider), and fit to the small lines on the view 1 (adjust with gain). TC up and TC down should be set so that in view 3, the three lines of point are well separated in their respective zones. Moving the stereo should be enough to get a perfect fit for the view 3 (a perfect fit on view 3 is equivalent to a round circle on view 1).

Additional insight to the View 3
Quote :
If you want to manually fine-tune the detector, you can switch to view 3 and move the "TC up" and "TC down" until the middle stream is in the red zone, and the upper and lower streams in the green zone. Autoconfig does it automatically, but manual adjustment can often yield better results.

Also, just to show how difficult the BPM process is for any application -- read this about PCDJ Reflex (which just released) ---
Quote :
I just started working on my (scanned) library for reflex and have been correcting the bpms that have been calculated at twice, or half the actual tempo.

I have found a couple issues:

1. On some ballads (tempo computed double time) I can select the correct (1/2) tempo from the drop down list (in GET INFO) but when I rescan the grid, the changes are NOT made.

2. So far, I found a couple (very) slow ballads that have been computed at double time bpm, but the 1/2 (correct) tempo is not displayed in the drop down list (in GET INFO.) I went ahead and manually typed in the correct tempo, but as above, the rescanning of the grid didn't work.

If you wish to read the whole post -- http://message.pcdj.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18928

But back to my initial point - it was not a defense of a problem, but a solution to a reported issue. People need to know the way to correct an issue and that is why I offered the solution of how to correct was is being analyzed.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 10:43 pm
Cheers.
Ok first impressions, i'll be slicking with the old skin, new looks nice but old is easier to follow and i need no internal mixer.

The new BPM engine is great, dubstep was always a struggle to analyse as the drums are half the temp of the rest so it was a case of switching between the 2 engines. However now it seems to get um all right, even the ones it never got correct previously.

Really dont like the new wave height though, will stuggle to mix now!
Please can someone explain what i need to set the wave height values to in the xml file to get them the same as before?

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 10:48 pm
WHEEEEEEE!!!!!!

got the video record to work, even tho i had to use divx codec! still cant understand why it doesnt recognize the mp4 (mpeg4?) codec, but right this second - I DONT CARE! havent had this much fun playing with vdj in weeks. matter of fact i've been so fixated on it that i havent even taken a look at the rest of the new stuff on there yet. i'm gonna get in trouble when she gets home, havent gotten anything done around the house. and i dont care, this has been worth it.
actually i do care a little.. i gotta talk her into buying me a second monitor, a better graphics card, and an external drive for videos.

i predict a sudden flood of video mixes on youtube!

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 10:53 pm
Please do an update and fix the wave form back to how it used to be. I'm gunna have to revert back to the old version if this can't be resolved dispite all the other improvements.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 10:55 pm
Hi,
When Numark Cue5.1 will be released?

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 11:01 pm
dhe8dave wrote :
Please do an update and fix the wave form back to how it used to be. I'm gunna have to revert back to the old version if this can't be resolved dispite all the other improvements.

You are the second to say something about the WaveForm -- I have seen the graphic posted earlier and still don't understand the issue. What skin are you using ?

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 11:02 pm
Ok i'm using the 'Full' Skin.

Now below is an example of what I mean.
Please note they are not the same track but you get the idea.

http://www.crankspinracing.co.uk/forum/uploads/wav.jpg

The new is a tupical representation on 5.1 and the old a typical rep on 5.0

As you can see it's not as clear as it was before to identify quieter, less full/bassy parts of the track and the build up to the drop which is essential when mixing dubstep and i'm sure alot else.

The waveform halved in size, please could you fix?

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 11:19 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
dhe8dave wrote :

Really dont like the new wave height though, will stuggle to mix now!
Please can someone explain what i need to set the wave height values to in the xml file to get them the same as before?

DJ FORMAT wrote :
You can increase the progress size heights if you find it too small. If we get enough feedback I will put together a post with instructions on how it is done.

sischo wrote :

you are right.
I changed
<size width="242" height="17"/>
to
<size width="242" height="25"/>
and it works well now

Thanks DJ Format
As usual you are the best with improvements of skins

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 11:20 pm
30%