快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Encrypt mp3s

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I would like virtualdj to encrypt mp3s so that they can be played only with virtualdj with the right code.
Pcdj red has a function like this but nobody plays with pcdj red...

发表时间 Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 9:09 am
FaultPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djsonath wrote :
I would like virtualdj to encrypt mp3s so that they can be played only with virtualdj with the right code.
Pcdj red has a function like this but nobody plays with pcdj red...

Y would u wanna do that? And if so, why not just put it in a passworded rar/zip

发表时间 Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 6:04 pm
Because I don't want anybody to copy my mp3s.
But I want everybody to be able to play with my mp3s in the club that I work when I have a day off.

Pcdj encrypts the mp3 so that they can't be played with any player but only with pcdj. If you copy them you hear a scratch sound.

发表时间 Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 8:29 pm
FLeX69PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I understand you reasoning, but this is why I don't like I-tunes and other such sites/software.

I purchase my mp3 from sites that have a good quality mp3 and not drm or protected, therefore when I'm recording live I have no issues.

FLeX

发表时间 Sun 27 Apr 08 @ 8:04 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
there is no such thing in the mp3 standard for doing this. digital rights management is possible, but would already be installed on machine. afaik, there is no way to do this because being able to play a file means it can be read, which is the same thing as copying. anyhow, the solution for this would have nothing to do with virtual dj as it is a filesystem problem, not the software.

发表时间 Sat 10 May 08 @ 10:44 pm
questarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Try truecrypt. www.truecrypt.org Simply place your mp3's into a virtual encryted volume, you'll then need a password to access and mount this volume. The encytped volume can itself be a regular file on a filesystem so no need to reformat the hard drive.

All the best,
Tony

发表时间 Tue 13 May 08 @ 5:51 am
I think there is no easy way to do this in the moment.
The way of crypting the filesystem with truecrypt is a protection for the files when you
do not have the password. But it will not work if every dj should play the mp3's.
When you give them the password, they can copy everything.

I think there is one (little bit complexer way of doing this...).

You need 2 Computers in the club.

The first one (let us call it MASTER) is your PC with the installation of VDJ.

The second one is a normal windows pc (SLAVE).

Connect both with a network (MASTER and SLAVE).

Disable USB Devices on MASTER and Lock all Aplications but VDJ. (Should be some Freeware out there)

All the Music shoud be on an Harddrive on your MASTER. (No network share for it !!!)

All external Devices (USB Drives from other DJs have to be connected to your SLAVE machine.
The SLAVE must have network shares (readonly) for that drives.

I think this should work.

You can play all the local music from your MASTER and every DJ still can this too.
They can not copy your music to an external drive because external USB Drives are not
allowed on your MASTER.

Althoug they can play there own music from there USB Device connected to the SLAVE pc via
the network share. Because of this to be readonly mounted you can not drag and drop any music
to the share (to the external USB drive on the SLAVE).

As i forgott.... both PCs MASTER and SLAVE must have just "User Logins" without any Administration Rights.
So nobody can change the configuration of this ;-)

I think this is what you want ??

Best regards,
Heiko

发表时间 Sat 24 May 08 @ 11:15 am
I found a solution "without external software" for the mounting problem.

On your SLAVE Machine create a share folder for every external DJs USB Device like:

"C:\\Share\\DJ1", "C:\\Share\\DJ2", "C:\\Share\\DJ3".

Then create a network share for every DJ folder - READONLY.

Connect the DJs USB drive tho your SLAVE computer and configure it for
NOT USING A DRIVE LETTER, just "Mount it to the correct DJ folder"

"Start" - "Settings" - "Control panel" - "Administrative Tools" - "Disk Management"

This should work ;-)

Regards, Heiko

发表时间 Sat 24 May 08 @ 11:41 am
tvb007PRO InfinityMember since 2010
I like to encrypt mp4 videofiles for Virtual DJ

发表时间 Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 12:11 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Why re-open a thread that's been dead for over four and a half years discussing mp3 files, would have been better if you had started a completely new thread of your own discussing mp4 files on the correct subject.

发表时间 Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 12:27 pm
New thread created on general board.

Keith

发表时间 Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 3:00 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)