快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Headphone output won't work!! Please please help

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

freehatHome userMember since 2008
Hello. I hope someone in here can help me I've been searching all over for these answers for almost a year now. I cannot, no matter what I do, get music from VDJ to play out my headphones. I CAN however, get computer sounds to play out of them when they are plugged into the console, and I can hear noises in it when I switch its placement so some sort of connection is being make. I have the following:

Pretty new dell computer
V DJ 2.1 (I like this version)
A hercules DJ console (1 - not mk2 - usually its just referred to as console) it is NOT the mp3 one, it IS a sound card.

Internal SoundMax sound card (can't tell much info about it) but it has many color holes, green, yellow, black
Also, have an additional creative sound blaster card (not a super nice one)

Nice set of akari headphones

I can make the console do everything I need, except let me listen to one of the decks through my headphones. Can ANYONE help me with the settings? I've tried DJ mode and the regular on the hercules set up. I've tried various things within V DJ. I've tried outputting my headphones from the analog holes on the back 1-2, 3-4, etc. I've tried setting using the advanced settings in VDJ and selected different cards/devices for headhphones, preview, output etc. Can anyone please help me? All the info I find shows the set up for newer versions of VDJ and no matter what I try, I can't translate it. THe hercules people have been useless, they keep telling me to reinstall the driver, which is totally fine.

If I must use a newer version of VDJ can someone tell me why adjusting the tempo adjusts the pitch? That is why I don't use those, I can't seem to change the settings so that when I make it faster it doesn't make the music sound like the chipmunks. In the version I have, it sounds perfect, just sped up.

my email is --@--.--. getting this resolved would make me ecstatic - it'd been plaguing me for so long.

thank you in advance,
desperate in boston! (Sam)

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry freehat no email address is allowed from a demo user

发表时间 Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 9:10 pm
freehat wrote :
Hello. I hope someone in here can help me I've been searching all over for these answers for almost a year now. I cannot, no matter what I do, get music from VDJ to play out my headphones. I CAN however, get computer sounds to play out of them when they are plugged into the console, and I can hear noises in it when I switch its placement so some sort of connection is being make. I have the following:

Pretty new dell computer
V DJ 2.1 (I like this version)
A hercules DJ console (1 - not mk2 - usually its just referred to as console) it is NOT the mp3 one, it IS a sound card.

Internal SoundMax sound card (can't tell much info about it) but it has many color holes, green, yellow, black
Also, have an additional creative sound blaster card (not a super nice one)

Nice set of akari headphones

I can make the console do everything I need, except let me listen to one of the decks through my headphones. Can ANYONE help me with the settings? I've tried DJ mode and the regular on the hercules set up. I've tried various things within V DJ. I've tried outputting my headphones from the analog holes on the back 1-2, 3-4, etc. I've tried setting using the advanced settings in VDJ and selected different cards/devices for headhphones, preview, output etc. Can anyone please help me? All the info I find shows the set up for newer versions of VDJ and no matter what I try, I can't translate it. THe hercules people have been useless, they keep telling me to reinstall the driver, which is totally fine.

If I must use a newer version of VDJ can someone tell me why adjusting the tempo adjusts the pitch? That is why I don't use those, I can't seem to change the settings so that when I make it faster it doesn't make the music sound like the chipmunks. In the version I have, it sounds perfect, just sped up.

my email is --@--.--. getting this resolved would make me ecstatic - it'd been plaguing me for so long.

thank you in advance,
desperate in boston! (Sam)--Moderated by Lady Cameron<i>Sorry freehat no email address is allowed from a demo user</i>

You ARE talkin about the MK2 if it has a soundcard.

What version of VDJ are you usin

发表时间 Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 11:41 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007

发表时间 Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 2:15 am
I used Virtual DJ 2.06 and i know its not the mk2, that one is greyer and has different buttons. But it does perform as a soundcard. It comes up in my soundcard lists and plays music through it from my computer, just not from VDJ. My emails wtih the Hercules company confirmed it is a soundcard, the MP3 console is the one that is not a soundcard. Even IF say it weren't, I have 2 soundcards so I should still be able to figure something out, no?

It's gotta be something with the settings, VDJ, hercules AND computer combined? I'd like to try it with the console first and if I have to, use the 2 sound cards.

I've seen all the MK2 diagrams and such, they aren't useful unfortunately.

Got any ideas?

Thanks,
Sam

发表时间 Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 8:38 am
Tayla - I'll watch the video you posted later when I get home from work but I think I will have the same problem with the settings at the video is for a much newer version of VDJ. Also, I am playing live tomorrow night for my friend's party and would prefer not to use mono outputs - isn't the sound quality pretty low ?

Sam

发表时间 Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 8:42 am
so I got SOMETHING working in VDJ by NOT using the hercules sound card set up. But then I am getting this direct x error that I find mentioned on this site way back in 2004 when people were using the version of VDJ I have. The hercules dev team posted a solution: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/7731/Hardware_Technical_Support/DirectX_problem_with_latest_Hercules_Drivers.html
which unfortunately isn't working for me. Anyone know where the actual solution is? The forum was cut off after that so I can't tell if people found it useful.

THanks!!!

Sam

发表时间 Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 7:19 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)