快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Hard Drive

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi Everyone & Happy Christmas.
I have bought Virtual DJ Pro and i used it on Saturday 22nd December Everything was fine but through the night on a couple of occasions my External hard drive started scanning for files although Virtual DJ was still playing this was scary as i thought it was about to crash. this has never done this before so can anyone suggest a fix or any other possible ideas. Before my next party on 29th December many thanks

发表时间 Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 11:48 am
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
It sounds like you lost connection and then regained it. VDJ will keep working when this happens because of the way it works with the database. I would suspect that you have a bad USB or Firewire cord. Just try a new one and see what happens. If it still does it then it could be a bad USB port on the computer (Try an different one) or it could be a bad connection on the external drive.

There is a little trouble shooting but you should be able to figure it out in time. Hopefully not at a gig.

Good luck.

发表时间 Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 9:17 pm
chansin wrote :
It sounds like you lost connection and then regained it. VDJ will keep working when this happens because of the way it works with the database. I would suspect that you have a bad USB or Firewire cord. Just try a new one and see what happens. If it still does it then it could be a bad USB port on the computer (Try an different one) or it could be a bad connection on the external drive.

There is a little trouble shooting but you should be able to figure it out in time. Hopefully not at a gig.

Good luck.

Agree also check to see what your settings are regarding sleep mode. Sometimes usb are set to sleep after so many minutes.

发表时间 Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 12:10 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
also, is the connection type usb or firewire? if firewire, is it the small 4-pin? I find the connector bends very easily after heavy use and becomes very loose and only a sneeze can disconnect it. You can take a pair of pliers and bend the metal housing so it's a more snug fit. or you can just buy a cardbus or expresscard firewire device which is 6 pin which is more stable for devices. its a known issue with soundcard especially that 6pin is much more stable and reliable than 4pin.

发表时间 Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 12:45 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
mike

also check your psu. i had a similar problem to you and that was the cause (break in the wire) as usual last thing looked at...

Tayla

发表时间 Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 4:45 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)