快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: What to play on a Sunday afternoon 3-6pm?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've scored two resident gigs at a pub each week but one of those sessions will be a Sunday afternoon in an outdoor pergola setting at the front of the pub. I really have no idea what sort of music to play from 3pm-6pm I was thinking more of a chillout, jazz, smooth session with some slower pub rock. Would much apprectiate some tips from anyone that does an afternoon gig. Cheers!

发表时间 Fri 23 Nov 07 @ 12:37 am
Classic / current radio rock will get you though many an afternoon.

Also just hammer the people in the lounge/beach bar for requests.

Old School similar to the F**king Monday sets you hear on VDJ radio will work very well.

发表时间 Fri 23 Nov 07 @ 12:53 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
grug

don't know how anyone but yourself is going to help here, mate, first off is it already an established afternoon venue if it is pop round if possible and see whats already playing and see in which way you can improve the line up, second, if it's a new slot being made for the venue try and get round there on a sunday afternoon sus out the customers, see what clientel they are serving, are they young. old, families etc. thirdly, ask the punters what they would like to hear not what they have been used to if its already running a weekly slot, finally, take everything on board on what you have seen and heard, if you have been given carte blanche on what you can play go with your gut instinct, works for me, best of luck in your new venture...

Tayla

发表时间 Fri 23 Nov 07 @ 12:57 am
Thanks for the tips I'll have a chat to the locals and see what they want. Doesn't start until Sunday week so still abit of time to prepare a playlist. It's a new slot being made trying to get people to just hang around and enjoy the warmer weather. At the moment it's just jukebox inside and it's pretty random being a large country town that likes everything from popular 80s, rock, RnB, dance. No real club in the town just a few pubs. Backpackers travel through but their reqeusts can be even worse sometimes (you know how Germans are with their techno :).

发表时间 Fri 23 Nov 07 @ 1:34 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Yeah, all that scooter crap, bang,bang,bang,bang, s-c-o-o-t-e-r in the place.

No thank you

Jimmy b

发表时间 Fri 23 Nov 07 @ 4:55 am
kaoz99PRO InfinityMember since 2006
grug wrote :
I've scored two resident gigs at a pub each week but one of those sessions will be a Sunday afternoon in an outdoor pergola setting at the front of the pub. I really have no idea what sort of music to play from 3pm-6pm I was thinking more of a chillout, jazz, smooth session with some slower pub rock. Would much apprectiate some tips from anyone that does an afternoon gig. Cheers!

I do a gig here in Sydney, Australia, in a cocktail / lounge club Sunday afternoons 4 - 9pm they love funky disco house stuff. Tried all the others but love the disco house (me too by the way ) hehehe

Cheers
Kaoz

发表时间 Sun 02 Dec 07 @ 2:07 am
Funky disco house would be great for a lounge club but this is more a patio/bbq setting. I love house and disco but I live in a town not a city so that music is not very well received here unfortunately. I ended up going with some slower funk, rnb and old school with pub rock that wasnt too heavy. Decided 4-7pm+ would be a better timeslot next week. It all went fairly well but any more suggestions would be great :)

发表时间 Sun 02 Dec 07 @ 5:35 pm
In which town/country do you live?

I think it depends in the age of the crowd attend the pub.

if they are in the range 25-35 some 80 classics would be good.

i.e
-lighting seeds - pure
-tears for fears - break it down again.

for about one hour or little less.

also you could play some new music and 90s for example

dido - white flag
the verve - bitter sweet symphony.
lily allen - smile

also some chillout, jazz, bossa,

all depends how you see the people reacts.

Maybe there is a group of drunk people who wants some dance music,
or a group of young people that like the new music

i.e
mika -grace kelly
fergie - glamorous

they does not matter if it is sunday afternoon, hehehe

发表时间 Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 1:33 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It's a shame that you don't think dance music will go down well grug,

Because I think some nice, slower Ibiza type anthems/tracks would go down nicely in that time slot. I would give it a try.

Jimmy b

发表时间 Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 9:46 am
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
jimmy b wrote :
It's a shame that you don't think dance music will go down well grug,

Because I think some nice, slower Ibiza type anthems/tracks would go down nicely in that time slot. I would give it a try.

Jimmy b

I'd agree with that. Just look out some chill out albums

发表时间 Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 7:29 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)