快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Hardware Default Settings?
RaddiksPRO SubscriberMember since 2023
I was wondering if there was a way to tweak VDJ so it defaults to the following:

1. Performance Pads Set to Beat Jump (default: Hot Cue)
2. Beat Jump set to page 7 (default: page 5)
3. Waveform display on controller set to widest view (Default: Medium Zoom)

Maybe there's a setting somewhere that remembers the exact settings that were used when you quit the program? The repetition is getting to me lol

发表时间 Sat 24 Jun 23 @ 5:40 am
Yes, if your laptop is setup correctly, it will automatically get saved between each session
if you are talking about with a specific controller, then you re-assign the pad pages to the ones you want in the pad page dropdown once, and they will also "stick"

发表时间 Sat 24 Jun 23 @ 10:48 am
Thanks for the reply Klaus. Currently, VDJ doesn't save my XDJ-XZ settings and 'resets' these three items to what I've stated as their 'default' setting every time the program loads. Meaning I have to hit the 'Beat Jump' button on my controller, I have to change the Beat Jump to page 7 and I have to zoom out on the wave form every session.

发表时间 Sat 24 Jun 23 @ 5:06 pm
If your controller is setting some values when starting, you can add a script to the ONINIT of the Keyboard or the ONINIT of the controller, to make the changes automatically at startup, instead of doing them manually.

something like:

wait 2000ms & zoom 0.0 & deck all pad_page X & beatjump_page 7

where X is the padpage for Beatjump

Or
wait 2000ms & zoom 0.0 & deck all pad_page beatjump & beatjump_page 7

and the 2000ms may need to be adjusted.. to wait till the controller has fully loaded, before making changes.

Assume when you say zoom at widest, you mean zoomed in fully.. ie zoom at 0.0, if not then change the zoom level to your liking.

发表时间 Sat 24 Jun 23 @ 6:35 pm
IIDEEJAYII You are brilliant! Thank you!! I've found an incredibly inelegant way through the event scheduler to execute the script and it works! You were talking about "ONINIT" and for the life of my google skills I still don't know what that's all about. Could someone help me with this last part so it can do it's "oninit?"

发表时间 Sun 25 Jun 23 @ 5:23 am
Within the mapping of every device, is an ONINIT and ONEXIT, which will run scripts when the devices starts and when it exits, respectively.

I am sure you know that all the mappings are found: Settings (gear) > Mapping (tab) > Select device.

Then just add the scripts you wish to run when that device starts.. in the ONINIT.

Hope that helps.

发表时间 Sun 25 Jun 23 @ 3:18 pm