快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Numark Orbit submenu mapping and wireless problem
1) The Oribt has a somewhat dated mapping but works very well connected in USB, I wanted to understand if it is possible to assign another submenu to those already present in the Pad Bank 1-4 buttons of the device. The original mapping, for example of the Pad Bank 1 button, is this

var '$padmode' 0 ? cycle '$submode1' 2: set '$padmode' 0

the submode mapped in the device range from subemode1 to submode4, I have created a submode5 for both the pads and the pad leds but I cannot insert it in the previous command to make the device mode change by pressing the Pad Bank 1 button three times instead of two. I tried with

var '$padmode' 0 ? cycle '$submode1' 3: set '$submode5' 1: set '$padmode' 0

In this way the cycle repeats the main pad page once and submode1 twice, if I replace set '$submode5' 1 with set '$submode5' 0 the cycle repeats the main pad page once and submode5 twice, so no I can change the three modes in a cyclical sequence. Would this be possible?

2) I am in contact with Numark assistance which seems to be interested in solving the known operating bug of the Orbit connected wirelessly, that is, in the wireless connection it seems that the Pad Bank 1-4 buttons and the K 1-4 buttons do not manage to send two consecutive identical midi messages. Because of this, it is not possible to switch from the main menu of the pads to their respective assigned submenus. To do this, you have to press any other button and then go back to the previous one.
Could this depend on the firmware of the Orbit or could it be solved if there was the possibility in the definition file to also assign a command to the LEDs of the Pad Bank 1-4 and K 1-4 buttons?

Thanks for the attention

发表时间 Tue 15 Mar 22 @ 3:18 pm
Cool Angel D.J. wrote :
2) I am in contact with Numark assistance which seems to be interested in solving the known operating bug of the Orbit connected wirelessly, that is, in the wireless connection it seems that the Pad Bank 1-4 buttons and the K 1-4 buttons do not manage to send two consecutive identical midi messages. Because of this, it is not possible to switch from the main menu of the pads to their respective assigned submenus. To do this, you have to press any other button and then go back to the previous one.

Oh, I noticed that too, but never got around to looking into it
(I've mainly used it for controlling volume, and play pause current track in automix mode, when away from my setup)

发表时间 Tue 15 Mar 22 @ 3:55 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
Cool Angel D.J. wrote :

Oh, I noticed that too, but never got around to looking into it
(I've mainly used it for controlling volume, and play pause current track in automix mode, when away from my setup)

Yes Klaus you told me in the group that you confirmed these problems and that even during a demonstration of the device a few years ago in a shop the same problems were encountered. It could be a firmware problem not adapting to the new wireless protocols but it could also be something that can be solved by working a little on it.
The only solution would be to be able to put a command on the Pad Bank and K button leds as well, because if they stay on they can affect repeated commands.
Do you think that, as a test, I assigned the shift function to the K1 button and you know what happens? The shift does not go back when you release the button but remains as if it were locked, the only way to deactivate it and close and reopen Virtual DJ. If I assign the shift to one of the two buttons that control X and Y it works perfectly. The problem is the proper setting of the "red" points of the Orbit, unfortunately, not having the definition file available, I cannot do any tests!

I am using it for many things, I also added stems in the only missing submenu 4, as a submenu to the sampler! Unfortunately the wireless is inconvenient because to have the submenus you have to press 2 buttons instead of 1, it would be nice to solve.

发表时间 Tue 15 Mar 22 @ 4:22 pm