快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Cue points - Page: 2
However, if you copy the files from INSIDE VirtualDJ Browser, then it automatically copies all related info among the databases

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 21 @ 12:48 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
However, if you copy the files from INSIDE VirtualDJ Browser, then it automatically copies all related info among the databases

That's very helpful to know. I can work with that.

发表时间 Tue 29 Jun 21 @ 6:13 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

And how do that from the browser?

发表时间 Mon 02 May 22 @ 6:47 pm
Right click on file or folder, -> File operations -> Copy to.. (or Move to.. if you want to move the file elsewhere instead of copying it)

发表时间 Tue 03 May 22 @ 10:29 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Right click on file or folder, -> File operations -> Copy to.. (or Move to.. if you want to move the file elsewhere instead of copying it)

In other words Phantom, if I copy from VDJ browser and load the file to, for example Audacity for edits and such, it will keep all cues after all edits, eqs, etc are done within Audacity.

发表时间 Sat 02 Jul 22 @ 8:20 pm
pjmorales wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :

In other words Phantom, if I copy from VDJ browser and load the file to, for example Audacity for edits and such, it will keep all cues after all edits, eqs, etc are done within Audacity.

If the tracks is named the same as when it left VDJ, then yes
But they are based on microseconds after track start - so if you make bigger changes to the the track file in Audacity, then they won't match the same places in the track anymore

发表时间 Mon 04 Jul 22 @ 2:12 pm
Quick question on cue points. I've been ripping my CDs as flac, after playing the MP3 versions in VDJ and have set lots of cue points in the MP3 versions.
As a result I now have two versions of the same track in VDJ. Is there a way to copy all cue point and other info from one track and paste/apply it to the flac version of the track? ( As in copy paste metadata within the vdj dB)

In this case both tracks are exactly the same, and I'm obviously expecting to do this for each track manually. Is this possible?

Secondly, can VDJ tags and cues be written out to the file at all?

发表时间 Thu 20 Jul 23 @ 1:24 pm
There's no easy way.

For hotcues, load mp3 file on deck 1, flac file on deck 2 and use this script:
(deck 1 has_cue 1 ? deck 1 goto_cue 1 & set '$cuepos' '`deck 1 song_pos' & deck 2 get_var '$cuepos' & param_cast percentage & deck 2 song_pos & deck 2 set_cue 1 : nothing) &
(deck 1 has_cue 2 ? deck 1 goto_cue 2 & set '$cuepos' '`deck 1 song_pos' & deck 2 get_var '$cuepos' & param_cast percentage & deck 2 song_pos & deck 2 set_cue 2 : nothing) &
(deck 1 has_cue 3 ? deck 1 goto_cue 3 & set '$cuepos' '`deck 1 song_pos' & deck 2 get_var '$cuepos' & param_cast percentage & deck 2 song_pos & deck 2 set_cue 3 : nothing) &
(deck 1 has_cue 4 ? deck 1 goto_cue 4 & set '$cuepos' '`deck 1 song_pos' & deck 2 get_var '$cuepos' & param_cast percentage & deck 2 song_pos & deck 2 set_cue 4 : nothing) &
(deck 1 has_cue 5 ? deck 1 goto_cue 5 & set '$cuepos' '`deck 1 song_pos' & deck 2 get_var '$cuepos' & param_cast percentage & deck 2 song_pos & deck 2 set_cue 5 : nothing) &
(deck 1 has_cue 6 ? deck 1 goto_cue 6 & set '$cuepos' '`deck 1 song_pos' & deck 2 get_var '$cuepos' & param_cast percentage & deck 2 song_pos & deck 2 set_cue 6 : nothing) &
(deck 1 has_cue 7 ? deck 1 goto_cue 7 & set '$cuepos' '`deck 1 song_pos' & deck 2 get_var '$cuepos' & param_cast percentage & deck 2 song_pos & deck 2 set_cue 7 : nothing) &
(deck 1 has_cue 8 ? deck 1 goto_cue 8 & set '$cuepos' '`deck 1 song_pos' & deck 2 get_var '$cuepos' & param_cast percentage & deck 2 song_pos & deck 2 set_cue 8 : nothing)

For tags you can select both tracks on browser and open them on Tag Editor.
Then you can use the arrow buttons to select the info from mp3 file, that will eventually get saved for both files.

发表时间 Fri 21 Jul 23 @ 8:53 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
There's no easy way.

For hotcues, load mp3 file on deck 1, flac file on deck 2 and use this script:...

For tags you can select both tracks on browser and open them on Tag Editor.
Then you can use the arrow buttons to select the info from mp3 file, that will eventually get saved for both files.

Many thanks! I assume there is no option to write out the cue points to files as per Serato?

Have you ever thought creating a script library that allows you to drag and drop scripts like this to a button? I know you have Pad decks already, but this would improve accessibility and allow swapping buttons easily, and sharing scripts in a central place without having to dive into the forum.

发表时间 Fri 21 Jul 23 @ 2:54 pm
1) No, hotcues cannot be stored on the files themselves (and I can't see how this would solve your issue)

2) Scripts are powerful tools. For a way to "share" them like you describe, it would require that users absolutely understand what those scripts are doing. That's not easy, especially with younger people that tend to not read instructions or descriptions on anything.. :P
To my personal honest opinion, it's better to have users ask what they want and then get a relative answer, than try anything they can get their hands on, even if that means that sometimes we have to copy/paste the same script 2/3 times per year to answer the same question of different users.

发表时间 Sun 23 Jul 23 @ 11:41 pm