快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: pitchQuality 4 for improved resample quality?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

jatoroHome userMember since 2006
Hi,

Could anyone tell me, please, the meaning of the new feature of the new beta BUILD 6332 (2021-02-25), "pitchQuality 4 for improved resample quality"?

Thanks.

发表时间 Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 7:00 am
I can tell you a little bit at least:
You can now set pitchQuality to 4 in settings
The default is still 2, but with mater tempo enabled and when doing extreme pitch change, you can hear a quality improvements when setting it to 3

I don't know yet what you need to do to be able to tell the quality difference when setting it to 4
I assume it has something to do with changing sample rates
The description of the sampleRate setting inside VDJ is this:

So I guess it's if you use audio/video files that has one sample rate, and VDJ is setup to another sample rate, and/or your soundcard is using yet another sample rate. Then there need to be a conversion happening, and (again I assume) setting pitchQuality to 4 will improve the quality of that conversion

EDIT: I should have just waited for Adions post below - always best to get the info from the source :)

发表时间 Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 8:35 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It might sound slightly better at extremely slow or extremely fast speeds while scratching.
At normal speed there will be a little bit less distortion when your sound card is set to a different sample rate than the files you are playing, but I don't think it's very likely that you can actually hear the difference.

发表时间 Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 8:45 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)