快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Vdj 2021 not saving cues etc - Page: 1
I don't know why everytime I restart vdj, I lose my cues and name tags edits. Can any tell me what is causing this and how to fix it please. I need help asap

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 6:52 am
It's usually because of file rights to the /documents/virtualdj folder, where VDJ stores all it's data (mainly in the settings.xml file and the database.xml file)
So make sure that the user you use to run VDJ has full files access (including write) to all files in that folder and subfolders in the operating system
(it should be pretty simple if you are running windows - the security model on mac may be harder to get right)

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 9:06 am
I see this questions posted so many times.

I wonder how difficult it would be to implement a start up check in VDJ to provide a pop up message to notify the user that their database file is read only and changes will not get saved?

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 9:50 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There should already be such a message in the notification center

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 9:58 am
Common issue with the database unfortunately. Just make sure you are making copies every time you make any changes with cue points and tags, otherwise you could lose it all. Myself and others have had to rescan our libraries more times than we can count now and it's extremely frustrating. People in the Facebook groups have also posted many times how VDJ will cause your database to get screwed up if you don't take precautions. I consider it just part of having to use VDJ now and know that my database will end up corrupted multiple times.

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 12:57 pm
I'm using a MacBook pro late 2012.........i never had these probs b4. all i do is just upgrade the vdi software. i don't even let my laptop update

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 1:06 pm
that's just messed up bro.....makes no sense building a program and selling it if it has faults because that is a major 1. seems like they running us to seek out other program smh.

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 1:08 pm
even now I'm cueing songs and others or deleting and I'm seeing the songs with a star beside them meaning they are reading as new files...smh

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 1:50 pm
Check in settings if you enabled 'readOnly' setting perhaps.
Also check in your mac control panel Security->Privacy tab that VirtualDJ has access to your Documents folder.

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 2:58 pm
Adion wrote :
Check in settings if you enabled 'readOnly' setting perhaps.
Also check in your mac control panel Security->Privacy tab that VirtualDJ has access to your Documents folder.

i did all that and same probs. sigh

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 5:38 pm
And yea... I'm using a MacBook pro

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 5:41 pm
I'd guess since hundreds of thousands of other users don't have this issue it's a problem with your laptop.

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 6:12 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
I'd guess since hundreds of thousands of other users don't have this issue it's a problem with your laptop.

Wish u didn't say that a swear..... But yea wondering fah real

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 6:43 pm
What would cause the database to get corrupted

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 6:44 pm
user20368870 wrote :
And yea... I'm using a MacBook pro

Any chance you're using an external drive that's NTFS formatted ?

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 8:42 pm
user20368870 wrote :
that's just messed up bro.....makes no sense building a program and selling it if it has faults because that is a major 1. seems like they running us to seek out other program smh.

Yes
But luckily it's not true - neither here nor in the FB group which I personally monitor every day

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 11:27 pm
Are your settings saved when you restart VirtualDJ (such as which skin you have selected etc...) ?

发表时间 Fri 15 Jan 21 @ 7:02 am
Yes everything is saved, only database probs. Any how it seemed like it was corrupted some how. I got back an old database from a couple months back. And it's OK for now and I don't use external to play music........... Thanks everyone, much appreciated

发表时间 Sat 16 Jan 21 @ 3:48 am
jkvh8582ControlleristMember since 2021
Does it save your cue points for songs you stream from Online sources like Tidal? My cue points don't save either and i've checked all the permissions required. Using a Macbook Pro as well

发表时间 Mon 19 Jul 21 @ 4:27 pm
AkendungPRO SubscriberMember since 2013
Hello, sorry if this has been posted or answered many times. I am new to VDJ and coming from Rekordbox (I have use Serato and Rekordbox for years). I spend all day setting up cue points and loops only to come back they all disappeared. I never got the pop up message (like some have mentioned warning me I to save all the data). I am using a 2019 MacBook Pro and the latest version of VDJ. How do I setup VDJ so all my cue point are saved automatically like other DJ software. All my songs are stored locally on my MacBook. Please help and sorry for the long write up

发表时间 Tue 10 Aug 21 @ 9:07 pm
83%