快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Pioneer DJM-S11 battle mixer compatibility - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Pioneer DJM-S11 Compatibility

Hi Guys, I acquired the new Pioneer DJM-S11 Compatibility (which rocks BTW) and unfortunately, nor the sound card / Audio interface nor the pads were detected by the software :(

I really want Virtual DJ on this thing...

Pls update

发表时间 Sun 18 Oct 20 @ 4:06 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You must have clicked the Buy button right after announcement :)

Official support will come in the near future but no ETA

发表时间 Sun 18 Oct 20 @ 4:30 pm
There must be a lot of work to map this device given how many innovations it introduced to Serato too.

Please could this be done in a way we can map the functions to other mixers? Eg, effect smoothing, scratch bank, auto-echo.

Really looking forward to this!

发表时间 Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 9:50 am
would be amazing if we could do the same with the rane 72 (via software)...
tnx

发表时间 Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 9:59 am
What function do you miss on Rane 72?

发表时间 Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 12:57 pm
personally:

scratch bank,
the ability to move a live deck to a 3rd or 4th deck in the software,
smoothing out function on effects,
smooth echo linked to faders,
independent rows of pad sections,
more...

发表时间 Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 2:10 pm
A lot of this you can do already if you remap whatever it is that you are using

BubbleSoap wrote :

scratch bank,

That's really just loading or selecting audio files (maybe a sample bank) and loading them on decks - and if you want, swap the loaded decks to the current ones and back

BubbleSoap wrote :

the ability to move a live deck to a 3rd or 4th deck in the software,

You can do that with clone_deck x - like clone_deck 3 and clone_deck 4

BubbleSoap wrote :

smooth echo linked to faders,

Not sure if it's smooth. but for the crossfader you can use mix fxs - echo is one of them

BubbleSoap wrote :

independent rows of pad sections,

For that you simply create any combination you want on a new pad page, map that one you want to be selected, and then the pads will be anything you like, including independent rows

So the only things missing in VDJ today is probably the smooth fx (which is really fx tail isn't it? In that case some of the effects already have it) and echo on the up faders

The rest you should already be able to map yourself - or of course wait for Atomix to do it for you for the S11, and then steal it and use it in your Rane mapping :)
The only problem is that a lot of it may be hardware based on the S11.
That'd be good news for Atomix, because then they don't have to do anything for it to works with VDJ - but a shame if we want to try to do the same on other hardware :)

发表时间 Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 2:47 pm
Haha! I've just been trying to read about this to determine exactly what a "scratch bank" is, and how (if) it differs from a normal sample bank.

I couldn't find anything. I think maybe it''s just another set of four banks, in addition to Serato's existing four.

And what is smooth echo? How is it different to "not smooth" echo?

发表时间 Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 2:56 pm
groovindj wrote :
Haha! I've just been trying to read about this to determine exactly what a "scratch bank" is, and how (if) it differs from a normal sample bank.
I couldn't find anything. I think maybe it''s just another set of four banks, in addition to Serato's existing four.

When you use scratch banks the samples loads as the current track ready to be scratched, and the track continue in the background on a hidden deck I think, and when you unload them again, the regular track comes back, and you continue controlling that one
So yes a sample bank combined with clone deck to maybe 5 and 6, and a bit of mapping, should do the trick

groovindj wrote :
And what is smooth echo? How is it different to "not smooth" echo?

I think it's like Echo tail, so that it doesn't stop abruptly, when you turn it off - I could be wrong, though
If it is then VDJ already has it on echo as "Trailing stop"

发表时间 Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 3:00 pm
Yeah, I just found a review that explains things better.

The scratch bank is not related to the sampler. It's more like a set of hot cues that can load tracks. For example, as you're scratching away with AHHH, you can just hit a pad to instantly load HIT ME, and so on.

Smooth echo is basically echo that's triggered by something:
"the effect applies an echo when the DJ either loads a track, cuts a fader or hits a hot cue"

I think the names they've used are misleading.

发表时间 Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 3:16 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
smooth echo is basically a rsi watching for conditions to turn echo on for a single capture & decay, hw based with this unit but I was doing the same thing in SW with vdj back in 8.1 days
groovindj wrote :
I think the names they've used are misleading.

A Pioneer trademark, take a SW concept put it in HW and name it like they invented it XD

发表时间 Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 3:25 pm
There is also smoothing on each effect, which means the effect ramps in and out when activated/deactivated. Don't think it is just tail.

发表时间 Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 4:37 pm
I'm trying to map the clone to 3 and 4. So far I have set decks 3 and 4 to feed into the Sample channel in Audio (channels 5&6) then set the Sampler level so that the audio matches. I then mapped the 72 Transport page Param1 button to `action_deck 1 ? swap_decks 1 3 : swap_decks 2 4`. But I am having a problem with EQ. (I was having a problem with masterTempo too as it was set to per deck so the tone jumped, but I have turned masterTempo off to fix this. Just mentioning in case anyone else has this.)

Firstly, ONINIT for the Seventy Two runs `fake_mixer on & fake_eq on & fake_filter on & fake_hp on & fake_hpmix on & fake_gain on & fake_master on`, which means that EQ settings on decks 3 and 4 are not applied.

Can the deck-specific fake_~ commands take deck numbers, so that I can use VDJ's EQ for 3 and 4 and the mixer's for 1 and 2? Or is there some other workaround?

Secondly, whether I use clone_deck or swap_decks, the EQ etc controls are not copied to the new deck anyway. (Maybe this is just because they're faked?)

This still absolutely rocks! I can have scratch samples lined up on 3 and just swap them in for a bar or two - this is completely impossible when you've just 2 channels!

I have also mapped the browse push doubleclick to swap decks 1 and 2 with: `browser_window 'folders' ? holding 300ms ? browser_folder : browser_enter : doubleclick ? swap_decks 1 2 : load`. I thought about just pushing whatever deck onto 3 and 4, but I'm used to Serato's instant doubles here, this gives me more options and the EQs on the 72 are nicer if I have space to use them.

发表时间 Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 7:56 pm
I'm not entirely sure what mixFx is, is it automatically turned on when the crossfader is slid to the opposite side? I couldn't get it to work, maybe because the 72 mixes externally rather than in the software? Thinking I could map:

channel fader = 91% -> $auto_fx = true
channel fader = 92% -> if $auto_fx -> turn on a little echo
channel fader = 93% -> $auto_fx = false

This way it only activates when the fader is cutting and in time to grab a little tail. I'd like to add deactivating the effect after a couple seconds too, if possible.

I am not sure if any of it will work tbh, as if I click effects in the screen nothing happens - they only work if I select them on the mixer.

发表时间 Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 8:24 pm
Quote :
nor the sound card / Audio interface

I tought S11 has an ASIO driver. VirtualDJ can accept "any" ASIO device.

Quote :
nor the pads

This would also be regular midi. You can log the midi signal and map your custom midi device - just for the basic and most important features - as long as VirtualDJ will update.

发表时间 Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 5:58 pm
@VirtualDJ developers
Is the VirtualDJ support for S11 already in progress? Is it safe to buy a S11 today already?

@FUNKist
How is your status? Are you able to play with it?

发表时间 Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 10:30 am
Read the second message:

djdad wrote :
Official support will come in the near future but no ETA

That was only a week ago.

发表时间 Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 10:32 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
VDJ Monty wrote :
Is it safe to buy a S11 today already?

Depends on what u mean "safe".
It's safe to assume that VirtualDJ will support S11.
And it only takes 2-3 days after purchase to have it in your hands. So unless you want to use the device with another software, you ll have to wait to be "safe"

发表时间 Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 6:13 pm
I read early customers are having teething issues. The unit smells of burning for the first few days, pads and screen only responding intermittently, etc.

发表时间 Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 8:27 am
where?
tnx

发表时间 Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 8:30 am
80%