快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: how to use analog mixer for 10 minutes? - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I have everything hooked up but can't try it for 10 minutes

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 2:23 am
how do I try it for free for 10 minutes?

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 2:41 am
You need a license for extended use.
10 minutes is because you dont have a license.

Can get your license here : https://www.virtualdj.com/buy/

After that all works great ;-)

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 10:11 am
He's saying that VDJ is not giving him 10 minutes.

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 10:20 am

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 10:27 am
Presonus studio 24c ai and djm 800 mixer. When I go to audio settings and select my outputs and stuff there’s a sign saying i need a license. how do I set up the sound setting to give me a 10 minute trial

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 2:47 pm
I've got a feeling you can't have a 10 minute trial with an external mixer setup - because VDJ can't disable anything.

Normally with a controller connected, VDJ will disable use of the controller (MIDI) so that it can't be used.

With an external mixer, all VDJ sees is the audio interface.

Why not take out a month's subscription?

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 3:07 pm
lastnogginbreathin wrote :
Presonus studio 24c ai and djm 800 mixer. When I go to audio settings and select my outputs and stuff there’s a sign saying i need a license. how do I set up the sound setting to give me a 10 minute trial

See here : https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/settings/audiosetup/externalmixer.html

The sign you can ignore, its just to tell you that you need a license for extended use.

Not sure Presonus studio 24c ai is capable of having separate outputs for each deck in VirtualDJ (that you can connect to separate channel inputs the analogue non-midi DJM-800). Looks like the Presonus might just have 1 stereo output (L+R) and thats not enough for full mixing at the DJM-800 mixer

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 3:11 pm
Sure if they won’t let me test my equipment for 10 minutes I guess I’m have to subscribe a month trial

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 3:14 pm
Sure if they won’t let me test my equipment for 10 minutes I guess I’m have to subscribe a month trial

Will let you test of course.
But what exact audio setup are you using? Maybe a screenshot?
I cant see how the Presonus can be used (unless mono out).

And why exactly do you assume there is no trial? Because the audio does work at the DJM mixer?
Or because of the triangle (ignore that, thats just a warning that you have a short trial only)

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 3:16 pm
I am on my laptop where everything is hooked up and wont let me post screenshot

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 3:30 pm
I am on my laptop where everything is hooked up and wont let me post screenshot

Windows Key + Shift + S

Save the screenshot somewhere.
Then upload via the browser (click the Photo icon below where you write in message here, to upload image)

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 3:32 pm
what I don't have those options if I could show u I would lol

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 3:33 pm
what I don't have those options if I could show u I would lol

Ah yes, forgot that part.
Thinking of it, I think image upload might be limited to licensed users to avoid too much spam ;-) (we might change this in future)

For now, just CTRL + V and paste the image here : https://paste.pics/

And use the generated link in your reply here ;-)

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 3:34 pm

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 3:37 pm
Good good ;-)

In your screenshot you can see that there are also warning triangles next to the audio setup entries.
This is because they are non-logic. Both decks in VirtualDJ is set to same channels output (stereo 1/2).
This will not work, since it will be both decks at channels at the external analogue mixer.

You need to either use two sound cards, or set each deck to use mono (chan 1 only for deck 1)
The Presonus is not capable of 2x stereo output. It only has 1 stereo output it looks like

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 3:39 pm
Oh right forgot to put it at 3 and 4

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 3:41 pm
Oh right forgot to put it at 3 and 4

Yes, but not sure you have that available at Presonus, but you can check ;-)
Can use another card, or a different card (Presonus is more a "studio" card for guitars and mic recording etc)

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 3:43 pm
You have both decks feeding the same audio channels. That won't work.

Your Studio 24c is not suitable for DJ use. It only has stereo in and stereo out. For DJ use you need at least two stereo outputs (either one for each deck or master/headphones).

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 3:43 pm
which ai u suggest I get?

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 3:44 pm
67%