快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Echo effect. - Page: 2

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

That's a different plugin.

发表时间 Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 12:07 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

发表时间 Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 12:28 pm
Yea this is what I don't want to do....looking everywhere for a decent basic echo...

发表时间 Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 11:14 pm
You started this thread by saying the built-in "basic" echo wasn't good enough and that you wanted studio or producer standard. Now you want a basic one?

If you want something to exactly suit your needs, it will involve some looking. The chances of a single built-in effect being exactly what you want are slim.

If Atomix change it to be what you want, then it won't be what someone else wants, and round and round it goes.

Perhaps you should take out the $99 per month business license that includes a personal concierge and on-demand customization?

发表时间 Mon 20 Jul 20 @ 8:28 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Would also be useful to know what effect you are exactly trying to achieve and what control you are missing for that

发表时间 Mon 20 Jul 20 @ 9:02 am
groovindj wrote :
You started this thread by saying the built-in "basic" echo wasn't good enough and that you wanted studio or producer standard. Now you want a basic one?

If you want something to exactly suit your needs, it will involve some looking. The chances of a single built-in effect being exactly what you want are slim.

If Atomix change it to be what you want, then it won't be what someone else wants, and round and round it goes.

Perhaps you should take out the $99 per month business license that includes a personal concierge and on-demand customization?

A basic echo can be a studio echo. You are also one of the one's I had to prove the first bar should be 1:1 you actually had to do a test. So to me you will not understand me on this either.

发表时间 Mon 20 Jul 20 @ 6:14 pm
Adion wrote :
Would also be useful to know what effect you are exactly trying to achieve and what control you are missing for that

Basically separate strength into feedback and volume parameters giving tighter control of the echo effect.
These are basic echo parameters. It was also part of the user made echoes like echo doppler. The echoes recommended above each have those parameters because they are standard.
It was said above about laying a $99 a month fee, how much to just get this minor edit?

发表时间 Mon 20 Jul 20 @ 6:33 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

I had to prove the first bar should be 1:1 you actually had to do a test

I'd have to find the thread and check the circumstances, but I know how bars and beats work. I've been using sequencers since the 80s (Yamaha QX5).

发表时间 Mon 20 Jul 20 @ 7:00 pm
groovindj wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

I had to prove the first bar should be 1:1 you actually had to do a test

I'd have to find the thread and check the circumstances, but I know how bars and beats work. I've been using sequencers since the 80s (Yamaha QX5).

And still couldn't look at them numbers and see it off a bar.

发表时间 Mon 20 Jul 20 @ 7:12 pm
groovindj wrote :

I'd have to find the thread and check the circumstances

I know what I know. You don't.

发表时间 Mon 20 Jul 20 @ 7:26 pm
NosvenLE userMember since 2015
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Adion wrote :

Basically separate strength into feedback and volume parameters giving tighter control of the echo effect.
These are basic echo parameters. It was also part of the user made echoes like echo doppler. The echoes recommended above each have those parameters because they are standard.
It was said above about laying a $99 a month fee, how much to just get this minor edit?

For the longest time I've wanted to post about VDJ missing parameter (feedback) on the echo effect. Seems to be a huge oversight. The parameter "Strength" only raises or lower the amplitude of the echo. It needs the feedback parameter.

发表时间 Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 1:44 am
Nosven wrote :

"Strength" only raises or lower the amplitude of the echo

No it doesn't. Adjust the parameter and listen.

发表时间 Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 6:42 am
groovindj wrote :
Nosven wrote :

Strength seems to be a combination of feedback and volume. So want the echo loud, have to set high strength, it will also be more repeats.
If you don't want 30 second repeats you lower strength, but the volume of the echo also goes down. So having feedback and volume separate you could have shorter repeats and higher volumes.

发表时间 Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 7:00 am
groovindj wrote :
Nosven wrote :

Strength seems to be a combination of feedback and volume. So want the echo loud, have to set high strength, it will also be more repeats.
If you don't want 30 second repeats you lower strength, but the volume of the echo also goes down. So having feedback and volume separate you could have shorter repeats and higher volumes.
Echo doppler would be the perfect echo to model after.

发表时间 Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 7:02 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It is only feedback, just like a natural echo (on every reflection the sound is attenuated by the same amount)

发表时间 Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 7:55 am
Adion wrote :
It is only feedback, just like a natural echo (on every reflection the sound is attenuated by the same amount)

Then add volume as a separate parameter.

发表时间 Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 2:23 pm
NosvenLE userMember since 2015
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
groovindj wrote :
Nosven wrote :

Yes....... you've hit the nail on the head. Their has to be a separation between the echo feedback and the echo volume.

发表时间 Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 12:41 am
Nosven wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
groovindj wrote :
Nosven wrote :

Yes....... you've hit the nail on the head. Their has to be a separation between the echo feedback and the echo volume.

+1

Finally someone understands

发表时间 Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 2:35 am
No there (not "their") doesn't have to be a separation. The echo effect works fine as is. It's not broken. The vast majority of users are not complaining.

If you would like an echo effect with multiple knobs, there are thousands of VST plugins from which to choose.

Many controllers have three FX knobs. VDJ's effects section is switchable between one and three slots. When three slots are selected, that allows one knob per effect.

With just one knob available, which parameter (volume or feedback) should be assigned? You want two, but you've only got one knob.

发表时间 Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 7:57 am
groovindj wrote :
No there (not "their") doesn't have to be a separation. The echo effect works fine as is. It's not broken. The vast majority of users are not complaining.

Not about being broken, just a tad bit better.
Nobody complained about the bar counter being off a bar but it made sense.

groovindj wrote :
If you would like an echo effect with multiple knobs, there are thousands of VST plugins from which to choose.

The stock eq has multiple knobs. The vat you recommended has multiple knobs. 5 to be exact.

groovindj wrote :
Many controllers have three FX knobs. VDJ's effects section is switchable between one and three slots. When three slots are selected, that allows one knob per effect.
With just one knob available, which parameter (volume or feedback) should be assigned? You want two, but you've only got one knob.

Now you just responding to respond.
Some people don't even have controllers, still using just a laptop and mouse, some people using dvs with dvs sound cards and none midi mixers, which ties into my idea about being able to route the output of the echo to both channels 1 and 2 simultaneously gives another set of users post-fader trails continuing after the crossfader has been push to opposite deck. But that's an idea I'm sure is to much.

The thing is I love this software been my only do software sense version 5. I have traitor and serato but don't ever use them. Well I did play with traitor stems a lot but with VDJ stems I've uninstalled traitor completely. But I'm diehard VDJ user and any suggestion is for the benefit of the dj and I haven't been wrong yet. Even after other users back and forth me to death it still ends with the suggestion making sense and the devs understanding it makes sense. I started just like you, well 1985 but same analog equipment era...my suggestion are the " Wish I could" things all of us analog DJs had back then.

发表时间 Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 1:58 pm
73%