快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Echo effect. - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Love the direction VDJ is going...but it's time to rework that lack luster echo effect and model it after an actual echo effect. Actually approach the effects processing in a producers mindstate. This is one of VDJs only drawbacks.

发表时间 Fri 17 Jul 20 @ 5:41 pm
The echo FX seems all ok to me.
What you missing?

Post fader? Echo out?

发表时间 Fri 17 Jul 20 @ 6:06 pm
Minor things, but if you never worked in a recording environment you won't understand.
Like strength should be separated into feedback and volume.
Choice of output routing.

发表时间 Fri 17 Jul 20 @ 7:20 pm
Sooo.........why does DJ software need an echo effect "as used by producers in a recording studio"?

And if you personally want to use an echo effect like that, why not use one of the thousands of VSTs readily available?

发表时间 Fri 17 Jul 20 @ 7:29 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

Like strength should be separated into feedback and volume. .

Most DJ hardware/software (including DJ mixers), have wet/dry + strength/ length as the params to DJ with

(sure a VST or "producer" echo might have much more params, but not sure, its a DJ software after all perhaps.. perhaps better with few "standard" controls)

But that being said, nothing wrong with adding extra params for fine tune ;-) like feedback and what not ... already have 4 params, including the LP & HP filter in case you didnt look in the extended params

发表时间 Fri 17 Jul 20 @ 7:51 pm
groovindj wrote :
Sooo.........why does DJ software need an echo effect "as used by producers in a recording studio"?

And if you personally want to use an echo effect like that, why not use one of the thousands of VSTs readily available?

Vst in virtual dj doesn't work in true post fader action.
The echo effect that operates as a production echo will lull the need to search for a vst.
The key is to emulate the send/return or output to master. Also for those with external mixers and sound cards output over both channels 1,2 gives a proper post effect trail. It's not hard at all. And one of the small things that would mean a lot.
But I think I might have to save up for an s9 or Rane 72 cause I don't think you guys really understand what a difference this would make.

发表时间 Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 2:02 am
Killing the game would be having different type of echoes without looking for different vsts or if having vsts is only solution being able to choose outputs from effects processor. That actually helps out those of use who can't afford 1000 dollar mixers.

发表时间 Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 2:05 am
Problem is, no matter how many FX Atomix provides in VDJ, there'll always be someone who complains and says they're "Not like Pioneer" or Serato, or Traktor - or that they don't do X Y or Z.

That's the great advantage of VDJ compared to the competition. You're not stuck with what's built in.

Post fader FX are a relatively new thing for DJs. What on earth did we all do for decades before that? Did audiences complain? Did brides cancel weddings because the DJ didn't have post fader effects? No, it didn't make the slightest bit of difference.

发表时间 Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 7:11 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Vst's can work post-fader just like other effects

发表时间 Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 7:19 am
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
groovindj wrote :
Problem is, no matter how many FX Atomix provides in VDJ, there'll always be someone who complains and says they're "Not like Pioneer" or Serato, or Traktor - or that they don't do X Y or Z.

That's the great advantage of VDJ compared to the competition. You're not stuck with what's built in.

Post fader FX are a relatively new thing for DJs. What on earth did we all do for decades before that? Did audiences complain? Did brides cancel weddings because the DJ didn't have post fader effects? No, it didn't make the slightest bit of difference.

+100%

发表时间 Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 7:30 am
This one certainly works post fader...

发表时间 Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 8:02 am
groovindj wrote :

It's statements like this that make me question people Knowledge of dj history.
Correction, post fader effects have been around for djs since mixers included send and return. So that would be about 20-30yrs.

This ain't about any other software, I been with VDJ since v5 and actually though I will go back and forth with other users but it always seems like y'all really don't understand a lot about music or Djing. No matter the 20 30burs you say you have.
Like I said before I found that evident arguing with users about a bar starts at 1:1 and not 0:1.
But most times the developers start to understand.
But a lot of you djs seem not to understand theory 101.

发表时间 Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 6:29 pm
groovindj wrote :
This one certainly works post fader...

Until you move crossfader all the way to the other deck and drop a track on the deck. The echo stops.

发表时间 Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 6:43 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
since mixers included send and return

DJ mixers? Even now, send/return on DJ mixers is not common.

I know my stuff. I've been DJing since the late 70s, so I know DJ mixers, and I know studio/PA mixers too, because I've also been recording and producing for decades.

....and now apparently post fader isn't good enough either. Now you want post crossfader. You should try turning off resetfxonload.

发表时间 Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 7:28 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Using crosssfader or upfader shouldn't make any difference for post Fader effect.
Resetfxonload could indeed be one reason

发表时间 Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 8:31 pm
I did check before I posted my reply. The effect will of course cut off when loading a track if resetfxonload is on.

With it off, channel fader can be down, crossfader to the opposite side, another track can be loaded - FX doesn't stop.

发表时间 Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 8:36 pm
groovindj wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
since mixers included send and return

DJ mixers? Even now, send/return on DJ mixers is not common.

I know my stuff. I've been DJing since the late 70s, so I know DJ mixers, and I know studio/PA mixers too, because I've also been recording and producing for decades.

....and now apparently post fader isn't good enough either. Now you want post crossfader. You should try turning off resetfxonload.

Vestax pioneer Stanton.

发表时间 Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 4:18 am
Valhalla echo say not compatible.

发表时间 Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 4:34 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

Vestax pioneer Stanton.

Am I supposed to be able to work out what you mean, from the names of three companies?

Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Valhalla echo say not compatible

It will, if you install the wrong version.

发表时间 Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 8:31 am
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Valhalla echo say not compatible.

Download version 1.0.7 it is at the top, it works very well for me
https://valhalladsp.com/shop/modulation/valhalla-space-modulator

You decompress the WinRar zip file then you install and choose the file ValhallaSpaceModulator_x64.dll if you are in 64bits version of vdj
and the plugin is housed in C: \ VSTPlugIns, you make the copy of the ValhallaSpaceModulator_x64.dll plugin and put it in the folder
C: \ Users \ XXXXX \ Documents \ VirtualDJ \ Plugins64 \ SoundEffect
And ready to work and vdj

cordially
LIMOL

发表时间 Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 11:40 am
36%