快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Mobile DJ Lighting Help - Page: 2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

M0PUSPRO InfinityMember since 2017
You say you already have got the ADJ moving heads, awesome. I was going to say I recommend these - Kam Gobostar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HuC9s-Z7YA they give great coverage, also have a laser effect you can have as well for really good floor and room coverage with two of these you wouldn't need too much else!

I would get a DMX USB interface ADJ do one called a myDMX buddy. Have a look online about those, you can control the moving heads so much better as you know you have to link them via dmx anyway to sync their movements, and if you power them off when they aren't needed as you say for slow songs etc the ones I have have to go through a power on cycle and rotate for a minute or so before they come back on which isn't always ideal.

USB DMX is the way to go with moving heads, you would get more out of them. You can map your own show with them so you would go on the laptop, select to start playing the lightshow you have made which work great for certain songs. Say in a wedding someone has a specific song in mind that they love you could make a special moving head show to go with just that song if it has a great intro, like Queen bohemian rhapsody for example. Start them as you like, when the lyrics say "up to the sky" they could point up to the ceiling from the ground, when the rock part kicks in they can flash and go crazy.
Once they are connected to your computer I believe you can also control them with a mouse pointer to use them like spotlights to highlight something live and follow the movement if you can set them to a white light. You can also set them to just point beams away from your booth to give the booth a great "reaching" out effect and simply click then to go back into other modes.

发表时间 Fri 04 May 18 @ 1:42 pm
gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thanks user15563597!

I was really hoping to avoid a PC app, but it seems that I'm going to have to for the Pocket Pros or to tame any moving head really. I am definitely going to need some sort of midi controller with any software I get though. I wonder if I can map a page of buttons on my DDJ-1000 through VDJ.

The light you mentioned looks like a lot of bang for the buck.

Chris

发表时间 Fri 04 May 18 @ 7:32 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)