快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Karaoke singer rotation - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Can you que up multiple karaoke songes for one singer? If not this would be a huge addition for my company. Please advise.

发表时间 Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 5:18 am
One way is to put all of their songs in a play list and save. Every time they come up, open their playlist.

发表时间 Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 5:36 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
One way is to put all of their songs in a play list and save. Every time they come up, open their playlist.

发表时间 Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 6:02 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@Rick, it's a work around your suggestion but not what users have been requesting for years on here, we need the plugin to run with the workflow, karma is a great example of how to set up a work flow.

It's been that long now that this was first requested that it doesn't look it will ever be implemented, why doesn't someone just come out and be honest with the users and say sorry, we can't do it, it will end all of these repeat requests that never get done.

发表时间 Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 2:55 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The history folder contains a list of singers and what they have been singing before, so that's a quick way to retrieve the singer's songs.

发表时间 Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 3:18 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
With all due respect it's not what you are wanting to be doing when at a show, I'm sure you know exactly what we require, you've made some great applications elsewhere.

Don't know if possible but how about once opening up "singers name" box, type in name and have a button when clicked on will do a search history under the field supplied, if you get what I mean. lol.

发表时间 Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 7:46 pm
I'm not sure I get it.
Clicking a button, typing a singer name and pressing another button does not seem that much faster than selecting the singer from the list of singers?

发表时间 Mon 20 Feb 17 @ 4:46 am
DwightPRO InfinityMember since 2005
They know full well what we want.

They fail to realize that there are more "Bar/Karaoke" dj's than there are Skrillex and Akoi wanna-be's....

Rotation in the karaoke world MEANS...Bob sings. When Bob finishes, his name goes to the bottom of the list and stays in the rotation, working his way back to the top for his next turn.

While Bob is waiting, his wife says "Hey, can you do "this other song" too....so he tells me "put me in for Song X after this other one", which I do.

Bob sings his first song, goes to the bottom of the list with the 2ND SONG next to his name.

HISTORY means that the songs attach to Bob, in the Bob File that was created the day we met, and next week he says "What's that Johnny Paycheck song I did last week for the first time", so I click on Bob...who as a saved singer has a HISTORY now, and there's Take this Job.....

Making a "playlist" for every regular singer I have, plus every on again off again customer, plus the customer that shows up every 3 months is ridiculous. That would be 500 playlists easily......lol

I'm fully convinced that PCDJ, you guys and whoever else have signed an agreement NOT to do such a simple thing to keep one of you from cornering the marketshare from us "not real dj's THAT MAKE UP 80% OF THE DJ WORLD in the US.....There are 100's of us in every city, and whoever builds it will get ALL of our money.

发表时间 Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 7:59 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
They fail to realize that there are more "Bar/Karaoke" dj's than there are Skrillex and Akoi wanna-be's....

Hm.. wrong.
The bedroom market is vastly bigger than all the other markets.
It's all about the bedroom DJ.

..and what karaokeman in his right mind would go to work in the local dump with expensive equipment?

发表时间 Sat 23 Sep 17 @ 12:51 am
I'm all for the bedroom DJ, I started out that way back in the 90's.

But the issue I have with VDJ is that everything seems half-done. They came out with very few, somewhat useless updates to karaoke many months ago, but have done nothing since. It's like they have ADD or something and jump on to the next thing and forget about everything else they were working on. :(

I used to ask them to come up with a road map for VDJ all the time, but then I realized that I don't even think that they know what direction they are going in.

发表时间 Sat 23 Sep 17 @ 1:31 am
bazoooPRO InfinityMember since 2007
These Karaoke requests can't be that hard surely. Get them done and make MORE MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

发表时间 Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 10:31 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
This is an interesting topic.

I don't use any of the vdj karaoke features to manage my workflow. We shall see if this is good or bad.
So what I do is have two lists on almost permanent display. The automix list contains music videos I want to play during the evening and I select the sidelist option to make it appear below my main browser and use that for storing/listing the karaoke songs.
Using a clipboard and an easily prepared A4 sheet of paper I get my singers to write down their names, song choice and the original artist.
I now have all the information I need.

Comments.

发表时间 Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 9:07 am
A built in karaoke rotation manager would be great! I run karaoke in bars and about once a month in a private club. I do not do it for bars; but, for the private club I always go back the next day and move the songs into virtual folders named for each singer. Now next month when a regular comes up I can just go to their virtual folder and drag their song to the karaoke window. What would be useful is when I drag the song to the karaoke panel it populates the singer name with the name of the folder I am dragging from. Just save me time of typing in the name.

发表时间 Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 12:52 pm
First of all..... Dwight!! I love you.

I am also a Karaoke DJ, in NASHVILLE TN. At one of the longest running and well known Karaoke bars in the United States. I have my regulars, and I have my tourists.

I use to use Karma, because it ran flawlessly in tandem with VDJ7. But 8 won't run in tandem with Karma. Sucks I I paid for the full version. I do love all the attempts to run a good karaoke show with Virtual DJ.... I actually Use it. But when I have 50 singers, and I have to type in each name every time all night long...It's craziness.... So

They just did a patch which gives you a temporary name history for the session. I'm sooooo happy about that. But it's been a long time coming according to the posts above.... We want it all, and the technology and IT guys that could get this done, are sitting there at the Virtual DJ Science Lab..... Crunching all the Facts and Data, to make this program the Best in the world.

Please listen to the Small Market of KJ's

We want a history and rotation.... Dwight explained it perfectly with "Bob"...lol... I love it.

I want bob, to be in my list a year from now, with the songs he sang and how many times he sang them. Karma is great at this. Run Karma, see how it works. Give it to your Lab tech Guru's to reverse technology the Crap out of it..... Done.

Another market and More money for everyone!!!!

Thanks Dwight.

And Thanks Virtual DJ team, for at least giving me that recent history on names for the current Session.... OMG.... So happy right now.... but still wanting.....

发表时间 Mon 16 Oct 17 @ 5:22 pm
The history is there already, just check history on the left, it should contain a subfolder Karaoke with a history list by singer name.

发表时间 Mon 16 Oct 17 @ 8:06 pm
bazoooPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Adion wrote :
The history is there already, just check history on the left, it should contain a subfolder Karaoke with a history list by singer name.

i have just found this . it would be helpfull if you could drag the file with the singer name from the browser to karaoke list. at this moment the singer name doesn't drag over so you would have to type the singers name again. Am I doing something wrong??

发表时间 Mon 16 Oct 17 @ 9:02 pm
And a pitch changer that works in semi-tones and that can be 'set' against the song as it is entered: eg: FRED sings MY WAY, down one semi-tone. Enter this into the rotation manager, and when you click on FRED's song, it adjusts to pitch down a semi tone automagically.

That would be fab.;

发表时间 Sun 03 Dec 17 @ 6:19 pm
its already in the new build (early acces)

GK

发表时间 Mon 04 Dec 17 @ 5:25 pm
Excellent news. How do I get onto the early access BETA as this is something I'd happily roadtest for you?

发表时间 Thu 28 Dec 17 @ 10:33 pm

发表时间 Fri 29 Dec 17 @ 2:19 am
77%