快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Coming: Denon SC5000 prime - Page: 5

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

absolute agree...

发表时间 Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 4:55 pm
I was going to comment on the 22Hz post, but George has now pretty much said it for me. :-)

Complaining about 2Hz? Are you seriously going to notice that the bass (if indeed it can be reproduced that low by the sound system) is only dropping to 22Hz and not 20?

How much recorded material is going to have content that low, or lower?

Even if the artist paid for a world-class recording studio to record music in, would their monitor speakers drop to below 20Hz? The producer or mastering engineer would know that the vast majority of speaker systems are not going to reproduce sub bass like that, and they would be more concerned about making the track (all the frequencies) sound good "across the board" - on all types of speaker.

The Pioneer spec is ridiculous. I think it's just there to look good. No practical use.

发表时间 Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 5:18 pm
To clear something:
kradcliffe wrote :
Unless they get Engine Prime sorted out, and quickly both the Prime Series and MCX8000 will be sunk. At least the MCX8000 is 100% perfect with VDJ but the standalone mode and Engine in it's current form is pretty much useless.

Great hardware ruined by poor software. Always been the Denon way. Lots of promises from Paul Dakeyne (in January) but still nothing.

Paying Tiesto a fortune to "change his rider" doesn't make the experience any better for the normal DJ.

absolute agree...

发表时间 Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 5:51 pm
groovindj wrote :
Having just watched the Engine Prime "feature presentation" video, I quite like the look & layout of it.

Might have to make myself a VDJ skin :-)

UPDATE - I made a start on this today. So far so good. :-)

发表时间 Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 1:27 pm
groovindj wrote :
groovindj wrote :
Having just watched the Engine Prime "feature presentation" video, I quite like the look & layout of it.

Might have to make myself a VDJ skin :-)

UPDATE - I made a start on this today. So far so good. :-)

Cool :)
Is the unit locked?

发表时间 Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 2:08 pm
The unit? I'm making a VDJ skin based on the Engine Prime software GUI.

发表时间 Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 3:09 pm
groovindj wrote :
The unit? I'm making a VDJ skin based on the Engine Prime software GUI.

Oh. I thought maybe you were making the mapping for the unit
Sorry :)

发表时间 Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 3:27 pm
Not finished yet, but coming along nicely...

发表时间 Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 9:44 pm
@groovin - looks nice, fine work.

will you be able to add the search filter fields above the tracks pane?

发表时间 Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 1:45 pm
Well that's kinda what VDJ's filter folders do already, although I see the benefits of it being in the browser.

I know PhantomDeejay has some buttons in his SilverSleek & PhantomDJ skins which do a similar job to Traktor's 'spyglass' icons in their browser.

I don't think it's possible to exactly duplicate in VDJ the layout you pictured. Our browser can't do that.

发表时间 Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 2:07 pm
Just wondering, was something that caught my eye. Yea, pretty much the same as filter folders.
Thanks for sharing.

发表时间 Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 5:55 pm
New firmware available for the Prime series today!

http://denondjforum.com/t/new-firmware-for-sc5000-and-x1800-mixer/5949/2

SC5000 PRIME Firmware Update 1.0.2 Release Notes
Features:

● Controller Mode support implemented

Fixes:
● Improved scratching sound at low speeds

● Fixed an issue where heavy scratching for several hours could result in a player resetting.

● Fixed an issue where remote playlists would show up in a different order than local playlists.

● Fixed an issue where an SD card warning would be shown even though no problem with the SD card reader occurred.

● File transfers over network are now more robust.

● Fixed an issue where in rare circumstances, selecting or ejecting a drive could cause a player to hang.

● Fixed an issue where unplugging and re-plugging a drive would result in the drive not showing up on a remote player.

● Fixed an issue where loading certain larger databases would show a “DB Corruption Warning” upon source selection.

● Fixed an issue where repeatedly mashing the left hand collection buttons could lead to a hang.

● Fixed an issue where folders ending in “ “ or “.” would result in tracks within that folder showing up as unavailable.

● Splash Screen now shows version number.

X1800 PRIME Firmware Update 1.1 Release Notes
Features:

● New BPM FX: HALLECHO, BITCRUSH ! (You must perform System Reset On Mixer once, after loading firmware to see these)

● Added support for 3rd party software and DVS

● Added ability to Pan the Booth output

● Added ability to choose SPLIT CUE channel

● Added 1/32, 1/64 time divisions for all BPM FX

● Added 16, 32 time divisions for FILTER, FLANGER, and PHASER

● Added FREEZE mode to all new REVERB

● Added tail to REVERB when effect is turned off

● All time-based BPM FX can now achieve 1 ms

● Added NOISE SWEEP FX level control

● Added Master Output Limiter

● Added Filter extreme turn types: BLEED, FULL KILL

● Added independent MIC ATTENUATION controls for microphone 1 & 2

● FILTER button now flashes when any filter is active

● System version is now displayed during start-up sequence

Fixes:

● Improved Engine Connect player assignment logic

● Various network improvements

● Improved WASH OUT time divisions, capture time and feedback tail

● Improved DUB ECHO wet/dry levels, and feedback tail

● Replaced REVERB with improved new REVERB algorithm

● Simplified System Version number

● Improved click registers of the FX SELECT encoder

● Fixed infinite LED start sequence during rapid power up

● Fixed volume attenuation when using Send & Return FX

● Fixed issue where X1800 PRIME would sometimes assign duplicate player number to multiple SC5000 PRIME units

● Fixed issue where X1800 PRIME was not sending Channel Assignment changes to PC host

USB Audio Interface (XMOS) Version 1.00

Fixes:

● Fixed issue where X1800 was not recognized on Mac OS 10.10 systems during hot plug

● Fixed issue where audio input channel names missing for channels 9 and 10 on Mac OS.

REMEMBER - Owners of the X1800 Mixer - Please note that it is very important that you install the new X1800 Mixer firmware FIRST, before you install the new SC5000 media player firmware - and perform a System Reset from the mixers menu to see the new effects correctly.

发表时间 Thu 28 Sep 17 @ 3:13 pm
I see they're now using the word 'fixed' a lot more. In the past, everything was just 'improved' (implying it was never broken in the first place). :-)

发表时间 Thu 28 Sep 17 @ 4:53 pm
Disappointed there hasn't been any movement on these new decks yet. I know they're still relatively new, but it would be nice to see them at least listed as coming soon on the roadmap.

Heck, I even reached out to the development team to offer up my time and units to help come up with something and never heard back (not including the rather dismissive form letter from the support desk). It would have been a nice little feather in the cap for Virtual to beat Serato to the finish line on these media players. Ah well...

发表时间 Mon 06 Nov 17 @ 9:27 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Just to clear up a few things:

Since it's presentation to the media, SC5000 Prime was advertised that it WOULD be able to work as a controller at some time in the future. At initial launch, the unit did not offer PC software control ability (because Denon wanted to push it's stand alone playback abilities and the Engine software)
Only today, 2017/11/06 Serato announced support for SC5000 Prime.
However, there's not a single word from Denon as how SC5000 Prime works as a controller. Does it use MIDI ? Does it use HID ? Does it use another proprietary communication protocol ? No one knows (yet)
Without any technical information sheets and without the unit being able to communicate with a software it was impossible for us to do anything up to this point.
Even if we could determine the communication protocol (MIDI/HID/Other) it would be like seeking a needle in a haystack.

At present, we wait to see if Denon is going to release any technical details (such as a MIDI table) or not. Afterwards we'll decide how we're going to proceed now that the unit is finally able to communicate with at least one software.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to VDJ 8 support for these units. I have been using mine for a while now and they really don't require VDJ if your just using them to play mp3's. I, however would like to use them with VDJ so that I can play video's as well as a few other things that VDJ does very well. In the mean time I also have Serato with the new update, and Serato Video expansion pack. Haven't tried it yet because I need to update my firmware first. I would much prefer to use VDJ as this software is far superior to Serato. I have also heard that Serato is unable to duplicate Denon's beautiful wave forms on the screens. Would be nice if VDJ can beat them to the punch on this.

DJ James

发表时间 Thu 09 Nov 17 @ 5:19 am
Waiting.......

发表时间 Sat 13 Oct 18 @ 4:22 pm
Any update on support for the Denon Sc5000s! These decks are getting popular out there. It would be great to retain my vdj video capabilities and use these new Denon decks like the Pioneer CDJ/VDJ combo.

发表时间 Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 2:23 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not anytime soon i am afraid. If you want to speed up the process, best would be to contact Denon

发表时间 Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 2:09 pm
Any news from Denon?

发表时间 Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 4:13 pm

发表时间 Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 4:18 pm
98%