快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Denon MC7000 controller - Page: 2

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I'm sure in Version 8+ that the controller definitions are integrated into the core app so not possible to even view the definition. I guess we just have to wait. I'm sure the mapping will be released when it's ready.

发表时间 Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 1:11 am
djxhalxPRO (OEM)Member since 2014
Too bad - still there was a addon to mcx8000 a few months ago that added the mapping with device settings to the software, so maybe someone has it to share?

发表时间 Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 12:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Denon MC7000 will be natively supported in next build

发表时间 Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 2:33 pm
djdad wrote :
Denon MC7000 will be natively supported in next build

You sir are my hero! Just to be cheeky, any eta?

发表时间 Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 3:24 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sure. whenever it's ready :P

发表时间 Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 5:56 pm
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djdad wrote :

Just realised how fitting your screen name is, because that response was a real dad thing to say. :D (I'm a dad, I had a dad, I get it).

Are we there yet?

发表时间 Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 7:31 pm
I doubt it'll be coming before the weekend, because Atomix prefer to release early in the week to avoid DJs installing new builds and then using them live.

发表时间 Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 7:38 pm
Then why not release early build for them testers who do like to gamble? B-)

发表时间 Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 7:49 pm
The "beta" versions are first of all released to an internal team comprising of staff and long term users who have been accepted as part of the beta team. It is then released to everyone as "early access" and that's when you will be able to test it.

Atomix do not release dates of when new versions will be available so you will just have to wait.

发表时间 Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 7:52 pm
djdad wrote :

Ha.. I suppose I asked for that! No worries, I can wait. Keep up the good work!

发表时间 Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 8:43 pm
Double post

发表时间 Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 9:00 pm
Just received my MC 7000 Tues. I know mapping/support for VDJ 8 is in the works but what about us stubborn old guys who still like to use VDJ 7? Will we have to go to VDJ 8?

发表时间 Thu 05 Jan 17 @ 1:39 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Jam Master Rob wrote :
Just received my MC 7000 Tues. I know mapping/support for VDJ 8 is in the works but what about us stubborn old guys who still like to use VDJ 7? Will we have to go to VDJ 8?

Yes you will, VDJ8 is miles better than 7, treat yourself and upgrade for free.

发表时间 Thu 05 Jan 17 @ 2:47 pm

Has anyone tested this controller side by side with a DDJ-SX2 or DDJ-RX? I'm interested in knowing the differences in the feel of the jogwheels, and anything else that may be relevant, which feels better etc.

发表时间 Thu 05 Jan 17 @ 2:57 pm
Got an SX2. Will let you know when my MC7k comes in this weekend. They just started trickling in to the States this week.

发表时间 Thu 05 Jan 17 @ 3:26 pm
vdjeddie wrote :
Got an SX2. Will let you know when my MC7k comes in this weekend. They just started trickling in to the States this week.

Be great if you could start a thread with a side by side comparison when it arrives, maybe make a video if you're feeling brave?

I find the jogwheels on the DDJs way too heavy/stiff, if the MC7000 has found a better balance I may switch to it.

发表时间 Thu 05 Jan 17 @ 4:34 pm
bagpuss wrote :
Jam Master Rob wrote :

Yes you will, VDJ8 is miles better than 7, treat yourself and upgrade for free.

I was afraid that was going to be the answer. I have 8 installed but have only spent about 30 mins messing with it. Looks like a new year learning a new software and controller.

Ugh I have just reinstated my noobie DJ status,

发表时间 Thu 05 Jan 17 @ 4:36 pm
@bagpuss

I've used all 3 and they're pretty much the same. The jogs feel a little lighter to me on the Denon than the Pioneers. The faders are heavier on the Denon though. One thing that'll take the most getting used to is the mirrored layout of the Denon. I've found myself hitting sync on one deck instead of loop a few times. All in all though they're all built like tanks and no matter which you go with they'll probably stand up to a fair bit of abuse.
Another thing worth noting is the pads, they feel much harder on the Denon so you have to press them a little harder than the Pioneers get the same volume with say a velocity sampler. (that might be a mapping thing though as I'm using my own custom map vs official Pioneer ones)
Sound quality is excellent on the Denon. I think that, with the dual usbs is the real difference between them all. I've not used either of the Pioneer controllers with DVS but I've had a bit of a play on the Denon with turntables and it was as tight as my NI Audio 10.

发表时间 Thu 05 Jan 17 @ 5:00 pm

ABlindGuy,

Thanks for your input, it's not just the weight but the amount in which they turn after a heavy movement, for example on the DDJ-RX a full force back spin will only lead to a 3/4 turn on the wheel, amounting to a weak backspin, there's too much resistance. Now if you give the Denon a big backspin what happens? do they spin a full turn, two turns?

I'm surprised that the up faders are heavier than Pioneers, when the Pioneer DDJ-RX has heavy resistance on the faders as is, really they should be much lighter like those on a DJM900, to allow for quick cutting as well as slow/smooth fade ins/outs.

发表时间 Thu 05 Jan 17 @ 6:40 pm
So you guys managed to work in some midi mappings for MC7000 yet? I've heard the new build will natively support the new Denon controller, but I've also heard the day of release will be monday... which was yesterday ;) I'm so impatient.

发表时间 Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 1:09 pm
27%