快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

话题: Automix - Reset sort order erases list - Page: 3

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DHoude, glad to help out. But, before the thread disapears can we also say that the "reset sort order" was working better as it was in the previous public build(2094) and not like it is in the current beta, in the hope that it will be changed back in the next build?
That would be great
all the best
ray

发表时间 Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 3:26 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
That seems to be a tougher question. My take is yes, bring reset sort order back. I don't care if it restores the original order as much as it can't erase my list ever and it removes the sort. So reset the original sort order if it is a saved list, or don't erase it and just remove the sort if it is not a saved list. Which would leave the list sort as it was. That should be pretty universal for most situations.

I want to support your cause here, but removing the sort is not really needed because it only sorts the list once. It does not continually force the sort like I previously thought. I thought that it forced the sort at all costs because the basic Shuffle no longer sorts the Automix list by the shuffle like it use to. That is where shuffle once comes in.

So you can manually rearrange songs without the need to reset the sort order and it will play top to bottom with the basic Shuffle turned off. Then what they say is right, the only reason to reset sort order is to restore a playlist order. I am not sure of an example at this point that could require the need to reset the original order, unless it was a saved playlist. So this may be your chance to present that example here.

发表时间 Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 6:51 am
yup, that's the only example that I can think of, I always work from saved playlists.
I don't use itunes, I sort all my playlists in VDJ, so it's very usefull for me to be able to revert to the last saved point at any time,
that way I can tweak and change my lists and either save them if it's good, or kick it back to the original with "reset sort order" irrespective of adding/deleting tracks.
As it is now, if I add/delete just 1 track in the list the option to restore(reset sort order) is gone.

发表时间 Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 7:19 am
Understood, and for that I can see why you would want it. Does make sense as an "Undo Changes".

I just use iTunes for playlists and accept that some things don't work, for the convenience to be able to go with any software and have play lists as backup on my iPad.

发表时间 Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 1:18 pm
Thanks for that, & for your understanding.
I had the same sort of problems many years ago ... then I decided to adopt one system .... it was called Numark CUE back then. Since then I have tried to adapt to the software as it changes/progresses, and even now sometimes I am pulling my hair out 'cos it doesn't do what I want it to do!
But itunes and VDJ are really two different things, its kinda like walking into BurgerKing and asking for for a BigMac(I've done this a few times in real life and it's very funny!)
I think that if you would start making your playlists in VDJ(and maybe you have to buy a cheap laptop as a backup) it would be much easier in the long run.
It's all about doing a gig, making people happy, and havin a full dancefloor ... and that's what I wish for you.

发表时间 Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 6:56 pm
I would make them in Serato first. Crates are supported in VDJ, not sure how to do it any other way without any manual effort. But to be clear I don't expect iTunes to do a show. The playlist syncing between programs is effortless honestly. I can use Serato Video, Traktor or VDJ. I can make all my changes to songs lists and everything in one place (iTunes). That kind of batch editing was not easily available till 8. But I also listen to my lists outside of shows and think what would I add or change. I don't want to set Automix up to do this all the time.

I am upto to date on features, this just made no sense (not going to rehash) and am fine with change. I guess I still just like the old way for Automix. Honestly I have had no time on 8 after the problems I have found in the last 6 weeks. Every time I turned it on there was some other legitimate bug. This is not a cut on quality. I get that it is a re write and these are the growing pains, I just did not expect so many this fast when it has been out for 9 months. Here I am 6 weeks or so later and just now have things ironed out so I can start using it and I will.

I also have a backup computer, it was my old gig PC and 5 backups. Two stay at in different locations (in case of fire or theft) and Internet accessible to me. Full copies on each PC and a USB drive on me just incase. The iPad is just to fill the silence if a crash happens while I connect the NS7 to the other PC and get started again. I would lose that removing iTunes. All the backing up happens automatically with Microsoft Sync Toy. A couple clicks every time and I am fully upto date on everything with no manual copying. Plus the cloud drive is Raid and Mirrors itself. UPS battery backups, etc. I take my events very seriously because I do some multi day events that charge allot to get in.

发表时间 Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 9:19 pm
monovisPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi guys,

I need to read the tracks added in the automixer in real time from another system in the same PC (a pulg-in). Is there any temp file or m3u where I can see those tracks?

Thanks,

发表时间 Sat 07 Jul 18 @ 12:00 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)