快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

话题: Automix - Reset sort order erases list - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
When the Automix list is sorted by any of the columns. If you right click the column and hit "Reset sort order", your entire list gets deleted.

Seems to happen partially in Sidelist too. Sort it, click reset sort order and many songs were removed. I had about 100 songs in Sidelist, clicked Reset sort order and had about 20 left

VDJ 8 - 2087.896
Win 7 64 bit, this also happened on y friend's Mac book pro OS 10.8

发表时间 Mon 15 Dec 14 @ 5:34 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just tried it.
I do not seem to have an issue.
Only tried 20 songs.
I noticed someone else had same issue.
Listed as bugalarm.

发表时间 Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 8:18 am
I was help a friend get started with VDJ 8 on his Mac this weekend when I first noticed. He only had 30 songs. I just did a select all on a larger list.

发表时间 Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 11:19 am
So here are the screen shots seeing as how I have not gotten a response. This first one is the loaded list (about 70 songs). Note the yellow triangle in Artist shows it is sorted by Artist. This still happens in Beta build 2090.

Here is the "Reset sort order" at the very top of the list.

And the final result, a now empty list. Which is a huge problem.

发表时间 Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 4:17 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You say the first screenshot is the 'loaded' list. How did you load the list?

发表时间 Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 6:52 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
Just drag & drop a few songs to the Automix section.

Sort by title.

Click to reset sort order - list looses it's entires and is empty again.

发表时间 Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 7:03 am
Adion wrote :
You say the first screenshot is the 'loaded' list. How did you load the list?

I selected all in the middle browser "files" window and dragged them to the Automix list.

jakovski wrote :
....Click to reset sort order - list looses it's entires and is empty again.

Exactly, I have not found a way that it does not happen. I even have a mapped button to add to Automix. The issue here is really with the "reset sort order" action.

发表时间 Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 11:29 am
jakovski wrote :
Just drag & drop a few songs to the Automix section.
Sort by title.
Click to reset sort order - list looses it's entires and is empty again.

it seems to me, that the sitelist reload the sitelist.m3u after reset the sort order

发表时间 Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 5:00 am
Possibly publish your steps / evidence that it is using that list. I have no idea where you figured out that it was loading a specific list. But they seem to respond to actual steps, screen shots and proof of what you are claiming.

发表时间 Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 4:10 pm
I do not have any issues with sorting my automix set list. I was able to sort by many different pieces and the click on the RESET SORT ORDER option to bring my setlist back to it's original state.

Check to make sure you do not have the same set list sitting around on your computer somewhere (m3u). I've experience weirdness only to find I had set list files laying around that VDJ8 found and was using.

joe...

发表时间 Sat 20 Dec 14 @ 11:10 am
Just tested with SIDELIST but same issue with (auto) playlist (default.m3u)
1. Go to virtualDJ\playlist Folder
2. Delete the sidelist.m3u
3. start VDJ 8
4. put some tracks in sidelist,
5. close VDJ
6. restart VDJ
7. open sidelist and put some more tracks into sidelist
8. sort by track
9. reset sort order with right mouse Button

The new tracks are deleted. Close VDJ an open playlist folder. A closer look into the sidelist.m3u will show only the first added tracks. this would be reloaded when you reset the sorting

Fixing:
Save playlist when new tracks are added or removed!

发表时间 Sat 20 Dec 14 @ 5:34 pm
godwentpunk wrote :
I do not have any issues with sorting my automix set list. I was able to sort by many different pieces and the click on the RESET SORT ORDER option to bring my setlist back to it's original state.

Check to make sure you do not have the same set list sitting around on your computer somewhere (m3u). I've experience weirdness only to find I had set list files laying around that VDJ8 found and was using.

joe...

Is that advice for Automix list? Because that is not saved in my case. So there is no duplicate, just drag, drop and Reset sort order. Like Jakovski confirmed

发表时间 Sat 20 Dec 14 @ 6:44 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
As is, kind of makes sense to me, until you save the list. Reset order essentially reloads the playlist. I don't understand why you would need to order a playlist by any field ever...

发表时间 Sat 20 Dec 14 @ 9:09 pm
Actually, the reason I do it is kind of a backup. I get a ton of requests (sometimes over 100) from a very demanding crowd. So I drag them into automix so that I can pick from there. I still mix the whole night but sort for mixes by BPM, key or genre. If I picked it all in order I might play several songs from one person. Most people put in 3 at a time, it is a singles dance and I don't care to talk about how they control my show. I am paid very well to deal with it. I put it in automix because I have (in rare cases) had blood pressure spikes where I just have to walk away and sit. Only really bad happened once that I really had to step away for any period of time, but putting it all in automix makes for an easy exit. I just went through a rough patch a few years ago while we figured out what was best...

As for why I would reset it the order. In that particular instance it was sorted from another show. I dragged a full list in and noticed it was not in the order I wanted and built the list for. I reset it and then everything was gone. As for the other poster, his is a sidelist issue. That is not the thread I started so we are a little off topic as there is another thread for the sidelist. However I can confirm that I see something similar, but have not put enough time into it to verify 100%.

Atomix being as silent as they have been to some real problems here concerns me. Hopefully they are just busy working on these (and others) bugs. But I have several posts with little or no response. I guess we will see if more action needs to be taken after the next release.

发表时间 Sat 20 Dec 14 @ 10:51 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I can imagine the fix is a automatic temporary save of the AM/side playlist when manually adding/ moving/ deleting tracks from it, then "reset order" can work with that, if you want a fresh start from a previous template the user actually loads it.

I think the other guys issue is related tbh. AM/sidelist they're both just m3u's in a fashion and neither is saved automatically until shutdown. I can't imagine it'd be a difficult fix

发表时间 Sun 21 Dec 14 @ 2:22 am
Agreed that it should be fixable. Forgetting scanned AIFF song names and artist (in browser) and no ability to have auto headphones and NS7 control of headphones at the same time is what I am more concerned about. Been waiting about 2 weeks for those with no response. I worry they don see it, or don't see it as a major problem to assign some priority to them. My first big show back is Jan 23 (multi day, huge event) and I just can't use 8 like it is. This all needs to be tested, etc, so looks like back to 7 for now. Depressing, though I understand this is all needed.

发表时间 Sun 21 Dec 14 @ 7:21 am
So I see the solution for this was to remove the "Reset sort order" all together from the Automix and Sidelist. Now the only way to reset your sort is to restart VDJ? Not sure that really makes sense.

Here is why, If I sort the list to find something and remove it and then hit Shuffle, nothing happens because I have a column sorted. While irritating that I can't ever figure out what will play next at this point (unless I close VDJ and restart it) it is at least consistent. But the strange thing is I can manually rearrange tracks in that list, that go against the sort order and that seems to work. But this sure is confusing.

Can't we just fix reset sort order? I get that the team is busy, but it was a great feature as long as it does not wipe out my list.

发表时间 Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 7:33 pm
Hi DHoude
In the latest Beta it hasn't been removed, it only shows up when you have a saved list to reset to, sort of makes sense really. I think.
Edit.
Sorry spoke too soon, the new beta is a catastrophe.

发表时间 Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 7:51 am
Yea, I just went over there after writing this. It was regression, but on the fence so I tried to stay in my existing thread. I get the idea, but it is a patch. Remove the thing that erases the list and force you to save it. Call that what you will, it is still removed. There should be no need to save a list just so you can sort it without losing everything. That never had to be done in older versions.

Generally I have different different dinner lists. I drag in the variety called for, for the event. Each event is different, so if I have about 10 different genre dinner lists, what sense would it make to save each individual variation? I would end up with more playlist clutter. When I could save the individual components and create the variety on the spot, less lists.

The lists needs the ability to be sorted without erasing the content. That is the problem, it does not happen that way in Excel or in any version before 8. Same goes for Serato!

发表时间 Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 11:08 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Not sure what you mean with 'any version before 8', since I can't find any 'reset sort order' or similar option in v7. (Or in Excel for that matter)

In this build it's indeed a bug that this option is never available, in the next build it will be available as long as the list is saved.
If you just load an existing list in automix, then you can sort it and reset sort order after.
If you then add/remove files from automix, then it is no longer possible since there is no previous sort order for that set of files. (Where would the newly added file go?)

发表时间 Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 11:28 am
43%