快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

话题: Missing Cue points in VDJ8 after recent update

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I know longer have cue points in VDJ8 after updating to the latest version (they were there before) . All cue points are still available in VDJ7. I tried making changes in the options menu to no avail. Please help?

发表时间 Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 1:42 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Version 7 database is a different file than v8 database.
Please check if your "database.xml" files are still present.
They should be located in ../Documents/VirtualDJ and on ever other drive you are using for your music in the folder (driveLetter)/VirtualDJ/database.xml

发表时间 Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 4:01 am
Thank you for your reply, I did check the database file and saw that it was not updated.

Earlier in the day I used VDJ7 to tag and cue about 50 new songs. I also copied the VD7 database file and renamed it to fit VD8 format and the cue points are still not there. I also set VD8 to default settings and still no cue points.

发表时间 Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 10:11 am
No no no.

The V7 database is "virtualdj database v6.xml"

The V8 database is "database.xml"

Assuming you still have the V7 database intact, delete all instances of "database.xml" and re-launch V8. It will then create a new V8 database converted from the V7 one with all information intact. If using a non-system drive the database files will be on the root of the drive, not a sub folder per your picture.

I don't understand why people go changing things without knowing what they are doing!

Keith

发表时间 Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 10:39 am
You can't simply rename the file.

If you have changed the database in v7 you will need to re-import it into version 8.

To do this close VirtualDJ8, locate the databas XML file and delete or rename it. Next time you launch version 8 your most recent version 7 database will be imported.

Probably best to make future changes in version 8 rather than 7 to avoid this issue.

Version 7 and 8 have separate databases and DO NOT talk to each other.

发表时间 Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 10:42 am
@Kradcliffe

This forum is meant to help each other and not to be judgemental to other's troubleshooting methods. I did i thought would help resolve my issues and it didn't work. Now thank you for your trouble shooting methods which did work.

@devteam

We see now that the update process does not copy all detail of the older database to the new version of VDJ8. Here is an opportunity to fix this in a future update.

Thank you

发表时间 Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 1:08 pm
Hi.
Have the same problem after i bought the original vdj8.
I have install it on a new lap top using windows 10 and pioneer sx2.
So the database should be new and there is no way to need an update.
It drives me crazy because the ques
Cant be saved.
Any help please?
Thanks a lot!!!

发表时间 Wed 20 Dec 17 @ 6:09 am
perfectomobiledisco wrote :
Hi.
Have the same problem after i bought the original vdj8.
I have install it on a new lap top using windows 10 and pioneer sx2.
So the database should be new and there is no way to need an update.
It drives me crazy because the ques
Cant be saved.
Any help please?
Thanks a lot!!!

It doesn't seem like the same problem.

This post is about cue point not getting moved along from v7 to v8, when you install v8 on the same laptop as v7
It was due to a user error as you can see above
It's also a 3 year old post

So you should probably create a new post and explain exactly what your problem is

发表时间 Wed 20 Dec 17 @ 6:44 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)