快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: This controller will be awesome if mapped to VDJ8 (Pioneer DDJ-SX) - Page: 7

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DJLo50 wrote :
Well after test this thing out several hours the jog wheel lights act up every so often like started previously. It does not effect the track being played or being cued, just a visible irritation. Overall like i said a BAD ASS controller!

What do u guys do to fix the jog wheel light issue? Reboot software, computer, sx?

Just wondering bc i ordered my sx the other day and trying to research its performance with vdj as that is my preferred software.

发表时间 Thu 29 Nov 12 @ 3:41 pm
No need to reboot anyting. Loading a new track on the deck fixes the issue.

The issue itself does not mean faulty support, faulty operation or faulty implemented unit.
It just means that I was not able to map it correctly since I don't own the unit to test it and fix it.

发表时间 Thu 29 Nov 12 @ 4:00 pm
any update on the filter knob with the ssx??? it still sounds very spacey when u use high and low pass filter

发表时间 Thu 29 Nov 12 @ 4:02 pm
Well I would guess it's just virtual DJ's standard filter (which doesn't sound very good), there's a much better free VST one Called 'qb filter', which would be easy to google. Then you can map the filter knob to it for a decent sound. I've done it on my vci 400 and it worked great. Hope that helps.

发表时间 Thu 29 Nov 12 @ 5:38 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

I remember reading that the filter on the SX is onboard - why not use the mixer in hardware mode for better sound all together?

发表时间 Thu 29 Nov 12 @ 6:01 pm
bagpuss wrote :

I remember reading that the filter on the SX is onboard - why not use the mixer in hardware mode for better sound all together?

Because Pioneer does not want you to! :P

The soundcard of the DDJ-SX is a 4ch out soundcard that physically connects in the headphones and master output. You CAN'T use SX mixer in hardware mode with it's integrated soundcard.
You will have to use a separate 8ch soundcard if you want to use it as a hardware mixer

发表时间 Fri 30 Nov 12 @ 12:59 am
andytaylor125 wrote :
Well I would guess it's just virtual DJ's standard filter (which doesn't sound very good), there's a much better free VST one Called 'qb filter', which would be easy to google. Then you can map the filter knob to it for a decent sound. I've done it on my vci 400 and it worked great. Hope that helps.

Yes, the filter knob controls VirtualDJ's native filter.
Personally I use "QB Filter" for 2 years now. However I didn't map the knob to work with it because most users would then complain that it doesn't work since most user do NOT have it on their system, and it's not a plug-in that you can download from THIS site.
"QB Filter" is a VST / AU plug-in

发表时间 Fri 30 Nov 12 @ 1:04 am
Seriously? There's no way around it? Wow I'm glad I didn't order it. They also forgot to add an FX send/return feature so it can be expanded with the RMX, very calculated from Pioneer.

发表时间 Fri 30 Nov 12 @ 7:52 am
bagpuss wrote :
FX send/return.

Are there any controllers on the market with this feature?? Hmm, that should be the new standard and I would love to see post fader effects brought into VDJ.......

发表时间 Fri 30 Nov 12 @ 11:55 am
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
bagpuss wrote :
Seriously? There's no way around it? Wow I'm glad I didn't order it. They also forgot to add an FX send/return feature so it can be expanded with the RMX, very calculated from Pioneer.

I was thinkin the same that it would be cool to have send return and use an RMX1000 but when you think of it, it would be a bad move for Pioneer to do that. Would make there CDJ DJM less atractive. and I do not know of any controller that has it. Yes some mixers have it that are also midi + soundcard. but not controllers.

发表时间 Fri 30 Nov 12 @ 12:23 pm
When you buy a CONTROLLER you can always rely on the software it CONTROLS to apply the effects. I would find it very awkward to have a CONTROLLER that would rely on another piece of hardware to provide effects.
On the other hand, DDJ-SX is not 100% a MIDI controller. It's a hybrid and as such it might be useful to have some native effects or FX send/return...

发表时间 Fri 30 Nov 12 @ 12:31 pm
DJLo50PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Ok, so the question is how do you map the filter knob for the SX to use with the qb filter? And/or the verbage to make it sound good? Or sound similar to the DJM 800?

发表时间 Fri 30 Nov 12 @ 5:31 pm
qb filter still does not sound ass good as the native filter with serato dj :(

发表时间 Fri 30 Nov 12 @ 8:40 pm

@ Beatbreaker, I don't know of any "all in one" solutions with send/return but I thought it may occur to Pioneer as the release dates of the RMX-1000 and the DDJ-SX were so close together, and if the Pioneer hardware mixer could be enabled whilst in midi mode aswell then it really would blow everything else out the water and at a reasonable cost. I guess we can expect this move from Pioneer next time round, let's have this conversation again in about 18 months :(.

@ gullum, like I said Pioneer are very calculated, it's a decent controller yes, but they've designed it in a way that wont rival the sales of their more expensive modular products.

发表时间 Fri 30 Nov 12 @ 8:48 pm
BraenzuPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007
jog-light works to 90%

[youtube]TTtyqukp49Q&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Braenzu

发表时间 Sat 01 Dec 12 @ 8:31 pm
i don't think so that it work to VDJ coz its designed for Serato DJ

发表时间 Sat 01 Dec 12 @ 10:58 pm
Braenzu did u do anything special to get the light to work better?

发表时间 Sun 02 Dec 12 @ 1:58 am
BraenzuPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007
we work on a solution, but for the moment it works good.
i only have a problem when you have more than 3 cue points. the cue position freeze the jog light.

you must press shift&play & [standby/on] then you can change to "other software" mode. if you do that, so press also the button "keylock" (now it is for other software as serato)
and also in this mode you can change the jog light mode (press one of the blue hotcue button)
all this you must do only on the left deck!

that's it

Braenzu

发表时间 Sun 02 Dec 12 @ 5:24 am
Hi guys, my SX will arrive soon! I'm so excited and can't wait to use it with VDJ software. So, what's the latest update with the mapper? Is there more things that needs to be fix or everything works well now? Thanks!

发表时间 Sun 09 Dec 12 @ 1:48 pm
Except the fact that sometimes the jog LEDS may stop working until you load a new track on the deck, everything works fine!

发表时间 Sun 09 Dec 12 @ 2:31 pm
50%