快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Windows 8 - Page: 3

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Interesting, this means on my Bootcamped Mac I could have W7.... AND.... Linux ;-)

发表时间 Sun 28 Oct 12 @ 3:39 am
So far I've downloaded a 32 bit version of 8 Pro and a 64 bit, and installed the 64 bit version on my large laptop (not my gig one).

Installation went without a hitch and there's only one (unimportant) device that doesn't have a driver so far.

Not having a start button feels weird, and having to take your mouse to the very corners of the screen to trigger things is odd too.

The apps - well so far I'm not impressed. They seem pretty limited. MS seem to have just wanted to copy Apple with the whole app thing.

发表时间 Sun 28 Oct 12 @ 6:05 am
Not sure what is best to do at this point. I have used my Bootcamped Mac with W7 for 2 years. I feel that I didn't give the partition enough room, only allocated 32gb for W7. Also I installed the 32bit version for compatibility at the time.

With VDJ 8 coming soon I thought it may be a good time to redo my W7 partition giving a bit more room, but, I also was thinking maybe I should go to the 64bit version as I have 8gbs of RAM available that the 32bit version can't address.

Now that W8 is here I'm thinking of downloading and and installing that this week, but, do I take the easy option and upgrade from my current W7 setup or bite the bullet and redo the partition then install the 64bit version and all the hassle of reinstalling all the software??? Hmmmmm......

Any comments, experience, thoughts, etc..........

发表时间 Sun 28 Oct 12 @ 6:48 am
Since yesterday, I've lost all my sound in Windows 8.

Not good from a DJing POV.

Seems to be a common issue too with W8, from what's been posted online.

发表时间 Sun 28 Oct 12 @ 7:59 am
i am thinking of runinf windows 8 soon on my machine to test it out but i realy doubt it how will it work with VDJ so you guys are having many problems ? :/

发表时间 Sun 28 Oct 12 @ 1:53 pm
No problems here. Sound all ok. Drivers available for everything I currently use.

It is only my Development machine, as I use a mac for my gigs, but it seems to working well.

发表时间 Sun 28 Oct 12 @ 1:59 pm
groovindj wrote :
Since yesterday, I've lost all my sound in Windows 8.

Not good from a DJing POV.

Seems to be a common issue too with W8, from what's been posted online.

This is not a common issue. You obviously have bad or incompatible drivers of some sort for your hardware. Microsoft did not build your sound card. It is the responsibility of hardware manufacturers to provide support for their devices to Microsoft. I have windows 8 on several machines and have never had any issues with sound.

Perhaps you could try seeing if their are updated drivers for your particular hardware.

发表时间 Sun 28 Oct 12 @ 2:58 pm
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If you want the startbutton back in windows 8 go to this site

www.stardock.com/products/start8

发表时间 Sun 28 Oct 12 @ 3:25 pm
Soundman69 wrote :

This is not a common issue.

Google results disagree. There are loads of people having problems.

This is why I didn't install it to my gig laptop anyway. I kinda suspected there would be issues of some sort.

发表时间 Sun 28 Oct 12 @ 4:35 pm
As with most new releases, most rush to update, without doing a little homework. As stated, MS did not make the hardware. This is not a new issue, where the drivers are not updated. I don't know, is it possible that all those Google voices, did not update their drivers? How many voices are we talking about? There seems to be millions that are using 8 without theses sound issues. I'm sure they got the same software, that everyone else got. I am still using XP, and can wait till the dust settles, before jumping in with both feet. I will wait to see if these problems persist, after all the new drivers have been installed. Please keep us up to date with any progress that you make, so others can benefit.

发表时间 Sun 28 Oct 12 @ 4:54 pm
Hi there! In the process to upgrade to Win 8?. Wait!!! It's very hard to tweak, so my latency is now ruined. Yes it's not on my gig-top, it's another lap-top because I want to try first. Is there anyone that have explored and have solutions to close processes that it's not necessary? And to stop the second pointing window which with all this fluff-fluff that VDJ don't need? By the way the USB-drive is still crappy, 6 years old and need to be rewritten. So my advice for upgrade, wait!!! First we need a good tweaking-guide. Stay with 7!!

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 2:00 am
Hell I am still trying to get all my drivers worked out on my HP DV7.. That in and of itself is proving to be a LOOOOOT of reading and trying things.. Not on my gig machine as I have learned that my HD 4850 Graphics card is NOT supported so we will see.

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 2:38 am
yesterday i downloaded windows 8 pro for 30 $ i have no problem with vdj /serato/fl studio :) evrithings works like a charm :) lovnig it at the moment

my drivers from ACER ASPIRE 5735Z are all working great and i didnt even had to instal them from a cd or download them from a site they were there from the previus version of windows :) im runing 2gz procesor dual core and 2 gb ddr2 of memory and its fast :)

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 3:33 am
@maki, I take it you used the download/upgrade option. How was it? How did it work?

My concern is that it is a one shot upgrade... what if you want to upgrade the hard drive or you need to re-build after a system crash?

Do you get the chance to burn a dvd? Did it upgrade the recovery partition?

Cheers,

Roy

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 3:57 pm
I bought the upgrade aswell and did a clean install. All the upgrade is looking for is a previous OS on the system. I am gonna try to install it on a clean drive in my gig rig leaving my Vista untouched on another drive. I have read it will work as it asks you were to install once it sees an installed version of windows.

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 5:20 pm
On my laptop after it sees the other windows it will let you format, and even delete partitions.

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 5:21 pm
DJRAVEMPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I played with Windows 8 Release Candidate on a 6 year old Dell for about 2 hours. I determined that it would not make my DJing experience any better than it is now with Windows 7. Everything is made for a touch screen and moved all around in different locations.

I really don't know why anyone would upgrade their "Gigging" machine to Windows 8. I like new stuff too, but I just can't justify unless I had a touch screen or a tablet.

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 7:07 pm
Mine is a touchscreen on my gig machine.

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 9:10 pm
DJRAVEM wrote :

I really don't know why anyone would upgrade their "Gigging" machine to Windows 8. I like new stuff too, but I just can't justify unless I had a touch screen or a tablet.

There's more new features "under the hood" so to speak, my gigging computers CPU handling is much more efficient and handles playing videos with MUCH more ease under win 8, even though my graphics card is discreet. BUt I also knew upgrading that I have until the 15th before my next gig, which would have given me plenty of time to go back if I needed to. Weird thing is, my internet computer has a few problems (prolly cuz the graphics chipset is older) whereas my gigging computer so far has zero problems.

Got both my upgrades with the 14.99 upgrade offer, used the option to burn the setup to dvd from iso just to be safe, so I can re install from win 7 or 8 if I need;^]

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 9:33 pm
Thanks Timmy,

Just the info I needed...

Roy

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 4:37 am
49%