快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Sample Manager............. - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I dont know maybe I'm the only one who uses this thing but its a life saver!! I would like to see this plugin (http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/1046/Sampler_Manager.html) intergrated into VDJ somehow...........with an EQ for the sampler but thats another story, lol!!

Heres my reson why,
I use the sampler as a "Drum Machine" you could say. I have rerecorded banks of drums from the program Reason and took the time to add the sounds into the sampler then used the "Sample Manager" to save that bank. So I have a Rock kit, a Congo kit, a Jazz kit, etc. etc..........you get the picture. Why you ask, well have you ever played a track and thought to yourself "Hmmm this track needs alittle more drums". Well thats what I do. As long as you have a button, I use a Korg NanoPad, mapped like this, "sampler 1 play_stutter" you can basiclly drum the hell out of it.

I got into to trouble when I first found this plugin for bringing it up over and over and over and over, lol!! The creator was nice enough to update it but now I'm worried its only a matter of time before it needs updated again. You know how VDJ is, always ahead of the competition!!! What if that cat ( KALEO ) isnt around anymore, then what?? Well I could use a keyboard shortcut but this is sooooooooo much easier. Sure the plugin could use an update like being able to name the banks or store them in a folder where you could just pick but either way I dont want to loose this plugin again.

So if you agree show your support and lets see if we cant get it in there. Please team consider this or something like it.............please.

As always Thanks for looking and your time
Huey

发表时间 Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 8:08 pm
Either no one uses the sampler or there's an evil plan in the works to do away with it, muhahahaaa (evil laugh)!! No but seriously no one thinks this is a good idea?

Feel free to chime in
Huey

发表时间 Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 10:42 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
A mini triggerable sampler/effect tab section within the program would be the mother of all update improvements for a working DJ, there is no question that this is the missing link in VDJ to put it on top..

Let all pray togerther to the DJ gods to grant us this wish...

Joey...

发表时间 Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 11:37 am
I agree with you 100%!! Now's the time to update the Sampler (along with the timecodes, but that's another issue). It is the only thing that's missing and yeah I know we have 99 decks but its sooooooo much easier to load the sampler hit loop and go! Please consider fixing the sampler, it really is a great tool.

Any other thoughs...............chime in show your support,
Huey

发表时间 Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 4:26 am
Agree 100% !!! Hey Joey..what hapenned to your profile pic? just wondering...

发表时间 Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 8:57 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Gets my vote, I've been on about a built-in sampler manager for years now...

发表时间 Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 1:22 pm
I'm down with this idea! ..... Thanks for suggesting Huey :) I'm using it the way you do ... however I use a Novation Launchpad instead.

发表时间 Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 6:44 am
Any others wanna share their thoughts on this idea?? Feel free to chime in...........

Thanks for your time and input thus far fellas!!
Huey

发表时间 Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 6:42 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
This request and it's variations is not new although many over the years have requested it, I can remember asking back in 2007 and I think one of the informed guys at the time explained if I can remember rightly it may need the whole software to be re written, could be wrong on the explanation though.

Here is another thread from 2008 talking about the same thing and as you can see the thread keeps popping back up from then until recently....

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/99185/Wishes_and_new_features/Sound_Banks.html?search=samples&page=1

发表时间 Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 7:25 am
Well may if we get enough support they'll start working on it, if they havent already, lol!! Have some faith, just look what they did with VDJ7!!

Come on fellas more, more, more support, it can hurt
Huey

发表时间 Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 8:30 pm
+1 from me too, plus the ability to name the bank and be able to select from a drop down as well as some script verbs so you can jump to banks or trigger a sample from any bank...

Cheers,

Roy

发表时间 Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 3:24 am
+1 to improve the sampler.

Or how about giving us the option use VST instrument plugins?

Then we could use our own choice of drum machine, sampler, synth - whatever.

发表时间 Sun 09 Jan 11 @ 5:35 am
I would also like to see the sampler improved.
I always have needed 3 and having 4 decks is a great help but 99 doesn't serve much purpose. LOL.

I would like to see the sampler expanded to 16 slots. I know 12 correspond to function keys but this would be handy for drum pads.
An option to show 12/16 perhaps.

Moving between sample banks using the page buttons on a controller.

If the Skins all showed which Sample Bank was active while still in the browser for example, this would make for a very handy drum machine / sample bank.

________________________________________________________________________________

I would also really like to see a full screen cartridge player for live events.
This would save me running SoundByte on another machine with touchscreen.
http://www.blackcatsystems.com/software/soundbyte.html

Being able to define how many buttons per page, loading a fullscreen like the new browser option. Being able to show and hide it with a shortcut.
You can then pick buttons to assign keyboard keys if you want. eg the first rom F1-F12 to keep it working in the current manner for legacy

Does this all make sense?

Ideal.

Ross

发表时间 Mon 10 Jan 11 @ 7:33 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
search jingle palette in general forums for your second request.

发表时间 Mon 10 Jan 11 @ 7:41 pm
Im still holding out, lol!!

More support fellas!
HUEY

发表时间 Mon 17 Jan 11 @ 1:54 pm
Yes, VDJ needs a sampler update. I mean only 12 samples; really! It would be nice to run effects on the samples during "playback" via 2 internal EFX busses with sends/returns. I do it now via my external mixer but my goal is to do has much within the program as possible. Also add support for more audio formats within the sampler. Developers please take note; I have seen a lot of request for some features that have been posted several versions (or years) ago and have yet to be implemented. While I know it takes time to add such features; MIDI clock and serious sampling are a MUST HAVE for those of us who want to take it to the next level. As our skills increase so do our needs and I know VDJ can deliver. So please can we get these features added soon!

发表时间 Mon 24 Jan 11 @ 4:30 pm
I am completely on board with the Sampler issue. I think the summation of a perfect sampler would be to create a small space between the decks and the browser no more than a quarter of an inch with the numbers of samplers vdj has and lit up if they are on and dark if they are off. Then add the ability to drag and drop our samples into the sampler via the browser. this way you can favorites your loops and beats and apply them to a sampler slot just like applying them to a track. in the sample slot just give us a scrolling tab that allows us to activate effects.
finally ALLOW REWIRE TO GO THROUGH A SAMPLE BANK!!!!! and mic as well this would keep all 4 decks available without having to go to a 6 deck set up. that would be it.
Thanks
Dj Kaace

发表时间 Sat 29 Jan 11 @ 1:31 am
cortoPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DigitalDon wrote :
Yes, VDJ needs a sampler update. I mean only 12 samples; really! It would be nice to run effects on the samples during "playback" via 2 internal EFX busses with sends/returns. I do it now via my external mixer but my goal is to do has much within the program as possible. Also add support for more audio formats within the sampler. Developers please take note; I have seen a lot of request for some features that have been posted several versions (or years) ago and have yet to be implemented. While I know it takes time to add such features; MIDI clock and serious sampling are a MUST HAVE for those of us who want to take it to the next level. As our skills increase so do our needs and I know VDJ can deliver. So please can we get these features added soon!

Now that we have a reliable piece of software on our hands, sampler improvement it's a total must with the effects and all the good jazz!!!
C'mon ATOMIX guys! We all have lots of faith in you! Keep up the good work!

发表时间 Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 3:13 pm
Come on guys and gals we need more support, this is the final frontier! Keep posting why this is needed............

Huey

发表时间 Fri 18 Feb 11 @ 10:45 am
+1 for some sampler love

发表时间 Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 8:07 pm
43%