快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: How about a VDJ DATABASE utility??? - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

It would be very nice to see a little program or utility that could help all VDJ users sort out their VDJ DATABASE easily…

Such as:

The ability to easily “PRINT OUT” their whole VDJ DATABASE, nice and neat, to make SONG BOOKS, KARAOKE BOOKS, VIDEO BOOKS or upload all that information to one’s website, etc...

The ability to do some minor "BATCH" editing to the VDJ DATABASE such as to CAPITALIZE ALL ARTIST NAMES without having to use a 3rd party program to something like this as a "user's setting":

ARTIST #1 Feat. ARTIST #2 - This Is The Song Title Of This Song [MIX TYPE]

Also the ability of when importing one’s “VOB” video files to actually read a file name that would be like this:

ARTIST - Song Title [MIX] - ALBUM - YEAR - GENRE - BPM - KEY - COMMENT

So that all of that file name’s string’s information would show up in the VDJ DATABASE under the correct named headings, etc…

Thanks,

DJ TAO :)

发表时间 Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 3:45 pm
I would love this feature so much. For 2 reasons mainly.

1. I've had my family help with digitising my entire CD collection, this was a good and bad idea as they are not quite so diligent as I am. There are a quite a few typos here and there that really need to be fixed, songs that can't be found easily, but there is already info in the database for.
I know you can edit this info in VDJ but a separate app would be really handy and there are a lot of good features that could be built into it.

2. When DJing I don't like to mess with file info or play about with it too much. What I'd really like to do is mark a file that needs attention when I get home. When I get home open 'VDJ Media Manager' and look at the file info, edit, reorganise where it is folder wise. Songs to remove, re-rip.

I'm just heading out to work but I can think of a lot of other great things to this. If anyone else is interested, I'll gladly help develop the idea.

On a quick other note my database does't seem to travel to well between my mac and pc.

Ross

发表时间 Fri 09 Jan 09 @ 3:42 pm
DJ Ross M, there is no database app that can fully do what you are suggesting. Discrepancies in ID3 tags can be more easily found using applications like "Beatport", but I'm not aware of any software that will do the same thing for the actual file names. Unfortunately the only way to make sure all of your track names are truly consistent is to go through your entire music collection manually. I did it and it was tedious as all hell, but it was worth it in the end. And you can't expect consistent results if you have different people ripping your CDs for you.

And you stated "What I'd really like to do is mark a file that needs attention when I get home". Easy solution: all you have to do is type in a reminder message to yourself in the search window and then simply hit the little "search log" icon (located right next to the search window). When you get home later you can view whatever you saved in your search log. For example sometimes I'll type out a message to myself like "fix spelling of melly furtado" and save it in the search log, and when I get home later that night I can fix the error and any others I might have noted earlier that night. I'm the same as you, I don't like to edit track information in the middle of a set. I've had problems in the past with the software freezing if I mess with file information while playing a set. Also, I'm too busy DJ'ing.

发表时间 Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 8:36 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Maybe you have seen that I already created two tools for VDJ: 'Skin Resizer' and 'Skin Creator'.

My next project for VDJ will most likely be a database tool.

Please post your suggestions here

发表时间 Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 11:50 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi DJ Ross M

I ear yah i'm like that to with my database but have found a great tool to help you get there, here is the link checkItOut.

http://www.latshawsystems.com/ProductDetails_KJFileManager.aspx

But be forewarned that once you fixed you're files you'll need to rebuild your PlayList and Virtual folders the Favorite folders you'll need to rescan to reflect those changes.

Good Luck

Joey.....

发表时间 Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 8:24 am
Why changing informations in the database ?

I think it would be much better when you keep clean your filenames instead
of the database.

With correct filenames you can create the corresponding mp3 tags in seconds.

With the correct filenames you can find every vob, karaoke or what else.

In my oppinion it is much better to clean up all the filenames BEFORE importing
them to the database.

Regards, Heiko

P.S: For an example of what i meen you can take a look at my blog about
renaming mp3 files and tagging of them. (Sorry, text is in german only)
https://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/jakovski/blogs/3345/MP3-Taggen_einfach_gemacht.html

发表时间 Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 1:07 pm
Ross?

Hey Dido,
Look I Personal Use Windows Media Player To Rename The Files. Its Easier Cause I Can See & Access Everything @ Once. Look I Just Got Through Going Through More Than 100 Folders That My Partner Had On His PC That Was Copy Protected & Not Named. So I Had To Listen To Some Songs Refer To Amazon To Hear If That's The Right Album.... Any Ways If You Don't Have A Prob With WMP 11, There Are Things You Have To Check For It To Rename File & Tag At The Same Time. Also Check Out DBpower Amp That Is A Cheaper Way To Rename Tags And Add Album Art. But The File Name You Have To Do Your Self!! So That's Why I Use Both. DB I'm Mainly Using To Convert wma files i Have Left to Mp3. Get Back To Me I Will Give The Info For WMP Settings That Way If Your Family Is Helping It Will Turn Out In Your Format... I'm In The Middle Of File Change & Naming Now... So I Will Post Back Later..

Peace

DJ Spinbac...Ive Been Doin This Since 88'

发表时间 Sat 14 Mar 09 @ 12:48 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djspinbac wrote :
Ive Been Doin This Since 88'

Christ they must be big folders... lol

发表时间 Sat 14 Mar 09 @ 1:25 am
djspinbac wrote :
Ive Been Doin This Since 88'

Christ they must be big folders... lol

Yeah And They Were Set At Variable Bit Rate... So The Lost Of HDD Space, Gained 60gb back!!!

发表时间 Sat 14 Mar 09 @ 2:10 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
jeez us h jehova thats a lot of space....

发表时间 Sat 14 Mar 09 @ 2:27 am

On a quick other note my database does't seem to travel to well between my mac and pc.

Ross

Hey DJ Ross M

Do You Use WMP 11 On Your PC?

发表时间 Sat 14 Mar 09 @ 2:42 am

The ability to do some minor "BATCH" editing to the VDJ DATABASE such as to CAPITALIZE ALL ARTIST NAMES without having to use a 3rd party program to something like this as a "user's setting":

Also the ability of when importing one’s “VOB” video files to actually read a file name that would be like this:

So that all of that file name’s string’s information would show up in the VDJ DATABASE under the correct named headings, etc…

Thanks,

If You Look In Your CPU Where You Installed VDJ You Will Find A File:mp3database.txt Its A Notepad file click on it it will have alist u can edit using word or something like that...

Hope That Helps!!

DJ Spinbac... Ive Been Doing This Since 88'

发表时间 Sat 14 Mar 09 @ 3:08 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
djspinbac wrote :
Ross?

Hey Dido,
Look I Personal Use Windows Media Player To Rename The Files. Its Easier Cause I Can See & Access Everything @ Once. Look I Just Got Through Going Through More Than 100 Folders That My Partner Had On His PC That Was Copy Protected & Not Named. So I Had To Listen To Some Songs Refer To Amazon To Hear If That's The Right Album.... Any Ways If You Don't Have A Prob With WMP 11, There Are Things You Have To Check For It To Rename File & Tag At The Same Time. Also Check Out DBpower Amp That Is A Cheaper Way To Rename Tags And Add Album Art. But The File Name You Have To Do Your Self!! So That's Why I Use Both. DB I'm Mainly Using To Convert wma files i Have Left to Mp3. Get Back To Me I Will Give The Info For WMP Settings That Way If Your Family Is Helping It Will Turn Out In Your Format... I'm In The Middle Of File Change & Naming Now... So I Will Post Back Later..

Peace

DJ Spinbac...Ive Been Doin This Since 88'

Please don't write messages in a single block, it's impossible to read.

发表时间 Sat 14 Mar 09 @ 7:20 am
djspinbac wrote :

Thanks,

If You Look In Your CPU Where You Installed VDJ You Will Find A File:mp3database.txt Its A Notepad file click on it it will have alist u can edit using word or something like that...

Hope That Helps!!

DJ Spinbac... Ive Been Doing This Since 88'

DJ Spinbac,

Thank you very much for that info...

发表时间 Fri 20 Mar 09 @ 12:17 am
I agree with a lot of what has already been said..

for a "Database Tool" I mainly would like to take most of the changes I have done in VDJ over time and then export those changes back into the original file (into the filename and/or the ID3 tag)

The big one is the Video's of course!
When I create my video files I already use more then just the artist-title format.. I put in the year and genre.. it would be nice if a Database Tool" could import these correctlt into VDJ.

their are lots of great MP3 Tag editors but nothing to like that for videos..

Oh! just thought of another issue..
Tags like Years or Ratings or Album.. MP4 does have that ability to recieve those tags and store them, but I dont think their is any standard yet? or is their?

发表时间 Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 10:52 pm
llwmojoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I would like to be able to create a Data Catelog without having to sort the actual music file along with it.

发表时间 Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 12:18 pm
*bump*

:-)

发表时间 Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 12:43 pm
Ok , I got a dollar from canada for who ever builds this. I have 2000 vinal , 4000 cds and from zipdj the past years 45 000 songs. so now that I transfered all this with the help of ttx usb and buzsaw. I have all the originals at the lake in storage. Prays there never a fire . I need to build a catalog. Can you when you make it be able to click on bpm and name and what ever I would rather be able to look through all the bps to find somethin I havent played , like rythem stick original or freedom williams cut of freedom . I love the oldies . Thanks in advance . stretch ( all canadain djs) record pool rep on zip dj. feel free to check it out and use me as your in.. Michael stretch affiliate.

发表时间 Fri 04 Sep 09 @ 2:28 am
Huh? What are exactly are you asking?

发表时间 Fri 04 Sep 09 @ 5:27 am
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
Huh? What are exactly are you asking?

I know! doesnt it drive you nuts when you read a post like 5 or 6 times, and your still not 100% sure what the person was trying to say!??

this is the second post I've noticed like this from this user LOL ... Alls I can figure out is he REALLY wants people to use zipDJ.. (I'm hoping he doesnt work on their customer service department)

发表时间 Fri 04 Sep 09 @ 10:29 am
95%