快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: External midi mixer advice please

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Can anyone please give me some suggestions (or warnings) on midi mixers that work with Virtual DJ???

发表时间 Wed 05 Nov 08 @ 3:05 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What functionality do you want, and whats your budget?

Are you after a mixer, or a mixer-controller-all-in-one-all-singing-all-dancing unit?

发表时间 Wed 05 Nov 08 @ 3:42 pm
Thanks for the reply! I reckon about $500 for a mixer that will control the Virtual DJ internal mixer, and some of the effects would be a bonus, like some reverbs, flangers, strobes, lazers etc. Eventually I'd like to incorporate some timecoded vinyls or cd's as well, but for now just the MP3's. What do you reckon?

发表时间 Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 7:45 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
To be honest, $500 doesn't buy you a whole lot of MIDI mixer, unless you are looking for something which is an all-in-one with pitch and jog controls and so forth. If you're using a MIDI external then you don't really need to control the internal mixer, only the crossfader.

The Behringer DDM-4000 is probably in your price range and will control the Virtual DJ crossfader, but it seems it's MIDI functionality is somewhat limited. IIRC I read that it needs an MIDI port, so a USB-MIDI device will probably also be required.

I personally rate both the Ecler Evo 5 (which is what I use) and the Xone:4D, however other options include Pioneer DJM-800, Korg Zero 8, Ecler Nuo 4, Ecler Evo 4, Korg Zero 4 and Xone:3D. There is also a Mackie mixer, but I can't remember which one it is. All these will likely cost you over $500 though. They do however mostly provide much more MIDI functionality. Certainly the Evo 5, Xone:3D/4D and Zero 8 could all be used to control literally any aspect of VDJ.

There are also the all-in-one devices such as the Hercules RMX, the M-Audio Xponent and the Numark Total/Omni Control devices.

发表时间 Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 9:21 am
BishPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I own a djm800 which is an excellent mixer with midi functionality. If I were to consider another mixer I woul definately try to get one that has a rotary knob that can be midi assigned. That way it can be used to scroll through ur tracks.

发表时间 Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 6:44 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)