快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Pitch problems and flac files

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Right, i know i have posted this in the past but VDJ is doing the same old thing with BPM changes. After a slight pitch change my beats become clashed and sound horrible. Even with a slight pitch nudge the track does not seem to recover itself. BPM changes of 5 upwards sound horrid. My mac has plenty of space and everything is running smoothly too now so i am pretty sure its not my lappy.

Also how can i play flac files through VDJ? Where is the best place to download a mac codec for it? And how do i add it to my codecs?

I have a party on halloween and at the moment i am really considering not playing due to the BPM problems, which is a shame as i have been working really hard at a new set :-(

Cheers,

Luke

发表时间 Thu 23 Oct 08 @ 7:18 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Psytramp, could u do a little video to show the problem u experiencing. Also have the mp3 is changed to quicktime audio decoder?

Regards.

发表时间 Fri 24 Oct 08 @ 3:04 am
yes it is, i will try and get a video done tonight.

发表时间 Fri 24 Oct 08 @ 4:06 am
was around 15 mins into playing and the pitch shifts started making my beats clash.

went to get a camera to record (as im not sure how to do it on my mac interface) but just as i made a long brake out of one song and pressed play to go into the other VDJ crashed altogether and i had to force quit.

where can i retrieve my crash log to post it up?

playing at halloween but thinking about canceling now - this is not the first time i have had problems with VDJ and its really getting to me now. I have played three big parties with VDJ and two out of them went horribly wrong at one point or another due to VDJ. I have been hanging on because i have spent such a large part of my budget on what i thought would be a reliable piece of software but i suppose being an amature DJ - a first time mac user (well i was a year and a bit ago) did not help me.

Cant really say how gutted i am going to be if i cant play this party, i know i have the technique but VDJ and me just don't seem to get on!

I have tried other DJ software and i think it might be time to move on, however i am going to give it one last try to see if VDJ can pull it off at this party and do what it says on the tin.

Sorry if this post seems a bit trollish but i just feel like i have really been let down with my purchase.

However there are people on this forum who are extremely helpful and who have helped me correct a lot of the bugs in the past with VDJ and to them i am very greatful!

So i have until Halloween to sort this out!

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Luke

发表时间 Fri 24 Oct 08 @ 12:48 pm
Oh yes and i have....

Macbook
2GB RAM
155.75 GB Free Hard drive Space

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07

HERC MK2

MP3's set to Quicktime

I did the read / write thing too as i was loosing BPM data...

At the last crash was using VDJ skin MAC : Full

发表时间 Fri 24 Oct 08 @ 12:53 pm
Latency : Auto

on Lowpass filter

Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones
Soundcard: 4 in Out

Driver: Herc MK2 Aggregate

发表时间 Fri 24 Oct 08 @ 12:55 pm
Hi there mate,

Go to application>>>utilities>>>console. Then click on the "Logs" button, then go to "CrashReporter" then select VirtualDJ.crash.log.

What OSX are you using?

And if possible if u can have some vidz to show abt that pitching problem... Thanks;)

发表时间 Fri 24 Oct 08 @ 1:00 pm
OSX 10.4.11

I didnt manage to get video evidence this time but i did record my mix so you can hear the problems
it was mixed terribly but i dont have long and i just needed to show the key areas of the problems so i apologise to your ears for the nasty mixing !!
I think i have you added on MSN so i could send it you over there?

发表时间 Fri 24 Oct 08 @ 1:36 pm
ok..

发表时间 Fri 24 Oct 08 @ 2:08 pm
seems that the key lock makes this happen

发表时间 Sun 26 Oct 08 @ 9:28 am
Nice to hear it sorted. Just a thought do make sure at the master tempo select to fast n then reselect the keylock.;)

Tell me how it goes. Hope u can gig on halloween;)

PS: Also do post that crash report too.

发表时间 Sun 26 Oct 08 @ 10:27 am
Hi, cant seem to find the error log - i never got the option to send one anyway as it had to be a force quit operation,

everything still running smoothly :)

luke

发表时间 Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 4:02 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)