快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Timecode Issue

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I've read most of the threads regarding timecode issues, however, none resolved my case :(

I'm using 2 Numark TT-1625's, Numark DM-950 Mixer, Virtual Vinyl v.5.2.1 as well as Numark Total Control USB console.

My timecode originally worked, which is frustrating me the most. No updates or changes, just now it doesn't read them. I bought new needles in case mine were bad, still 0%. I'm able to get the right deck fluctuating between 32% and 100% when I mess with the TC UP,TC DOWN, GAIN, and SILENCE. I've checked my cables over and over again, however even when I hit 100% on the right deck and click AUTO CONFIG, it still gives me the error that I need to either check my cables or check that I'm using timecoded vinyls.

The vinyl only has MAYBE 20 hrs of use, not hard use either, just playing around....so I doubt it's bad vinyl.

Like I mentioned above, I bought new stylus' for my decks.

I tested my setup w/ regular LPs and it's all gravy, but as soon as I re-setup the Virtual Vinyl box, reset all equip, open Virtual Vinyl (CUE)....0%

I've uninstalled all components from my pc just in case something got corrupted, reinstalled all the software and drivers....still no beans.

This MAY have something to do with it, I noticed this when my timecode vinyl was acting up, ALL SONGS ARE FAST, like 3 secs and done. It's almost as if they're fast forwarding! So when I disable timecodes to play music solely with the Total Control unit, I get nothing but 2 secs of a song fast-forwarding.

I haven't a clue what else to do and rather upset at Numark's lack in response to my emails...ESPECIALLY after buying virtually $1500 worth of their equipment.

I just moved and do not have internet yet (dial up....yeesh) and only satellite is avail....so until I cough up a few hundred to get that installed, I'll be checking in from work and applying any suggestions the night of. If you guys need screen shots or pics of my setup, just ask...too easy....just takes a day or two LOL

Thanks
Jon

发表时间 Tue 21 Oct 08 @ 3:01 pm
I'm still going to risk it and ask for screenshots ;)

Anyways it's incredibly strange... I've seen more of these issues that blow my mind.

Still: screenshots :P

发表时间 Wed 22 Oct 08 @ 3:33 am
I seemed to have fixed it....here's the story:

It did the same prior to me moving and when I had internet, so I'm pretty sure I was up-to-date on all drivers/software. When I moved I uninstalled it (normal troubleshooting) and reinstalled...but I didn't have internet access to download the updated software, I simply popped in the CD that came with Virtual Vinyl....v.4.x.x...Anywho, yesterday at work I downloaded the update, tossed it on a thumb drive, installed it at home, still the same issue...HOWEVER, there were more options in the TimeCode Config screen (Timecode v4,v5, etc...) I was getting different responses from each, best response was from Timecode v4, when the platter moved, CUE followed suit....WE HAVE PROGRESS...lol

Because something was still fishy for me, like I said, it worked before and doesn't now. I unplugged the USB I/O box, my mixer, and both turntables, as well as shutting down the software.

When I used these steps, it worked:

1. Powered up the USB I/O box via USB + AC power (same as before, just did it first)
2. Powered up the Mixer
3. Powered up both decks
4. Ran the software

For some reason I think the order of plugging everything in really made the difference, honestly I didn't think there would be much of anything to do with that!!! Hopefully this will help others.

THIS ALSO FIXED THE "FAST FORWARD" MODE!!! All due to the d*mn Virtual Vinyl box being picky as to what gets powered first, bahhhh!

I appreciate your response though, I'm glad that help is out there if there's any future issues!!!

Jon

发表时间 Wed 22 Oct 08 @ 8:18 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)